Chapter 3: Chinese Turtles

Attack of the Pin-Up College Boys

Not knowing what to say, Donghae waited for Kibum's help, but his friend wasn't doing anything. Just staring.

“I said, what are you doing here?!” Sungmin asked again, anger shown on his face.

But what made Kibum speechless was the other’s appearance. Sungmin just wasn’t the same anymore. What happened to the cute and handsome guy who all the girls liked to follow around?

This Sungmin although older, was just wearing a simple gray t-shirt, pants and slippers. His hair was no longer tinted nor stylized and it looked plainly black and like he had never seen a brush in his whole life.

“Sungmin-sshi?” Asked Kibum finally “What…”

But then, it hit him.

This wasn’t just a coincidence. It was more than that.

And the guilt settled on his throat, making him swallow painfully and his worried expression showed on his face because Sungmin’s stare softened a little.

“Was… it was your brother?” he asked faintly, making Donghae wide his eyes and look at him.

“Kibum? What…?”

“GET OUT!” Sungmin interrupted Donghae after hearing Kibum’s question, his eyes turning cold and menacingly “GET OUT YOU… OPORTUNIST BASTARDS!” he shouted at them and before one of them had a chance, Sungmin took them by their arms and throw them forcefully out of the studio.

Startling the others, Sungmin kept pushing them to the front door, ignoring the confusing questions of his father and shouting at Leeteuk and Siwon too.

“THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! AND IF I SEE ANY OF YOU EVER AGAIN, YOU’RE GOING TO REGRET IT!” and with that, he closed the door on their faces.

“…I bet he’s the ray of sunshine of this house”

“Shut up Jungsoo-hyung”

“Sorry mister Choi”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“…Son, are you ok?”

“Yeah” and without looking at his father, Sungmin went upstairs, locking himself in his room again.

Ever since the accident, he didn’t like to go out. He stopped worrying about his appearance, about the love all the girls used to feel for him when he acted like the prince everyone thought he was. But he wasn’t like that.

At least he wasn’t like that when he was a boy.

“I’m so sorry Sungjin. I’m really sorry” he whispered painfully while clutching his head and let the tears fall. “It should had been me. You shouldn’t have gone in my place…”

“If just…” but Sungmin didn’t finish. He simply lifted his head, looking at the only photo frame in his room; on the center, there was and oldphoto of him and his brother in his 10th birthday, when they were still kids.

Jongjin looked so happy…

And now, he wasn’t there anymore. Now, his mother is at the hospital, being treated for depression. Now, his father is trying really hard to overcome the loss of his younger son, to prevent Sungmin to blame himself and to pay all the money his wife’s treatment needed.

And Sungmin?

The guilt was killing him from the inside.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

He was inside of an old and rusty building, watching how the people on the streets where using umbrellas and avoiding puddles, minding their own business and acting like normal citizens.

Seeing the rain pouring outside the window, certain guy let his mind wander in certain matters. His black and messy hair was slightly wet, consequence of the condensation transferring from the window and his dark and deep eyes were calm. He was sitting on the floor, playing mindlessly with the chains that were hanging of his skinny black pants, thinking about what he had heard on the news before.

“Do you know you always touch your face when you’re thinking deeply?”

Startled, the guy lowered his left hand and turned his face to look at the owner of the voice, giving him a small nod when he saw a smiling guy with dreadlocks.

“Nice to see you out of trouble Yoochun” smiled the guy at the window.

Yoochun just shrugged and start approaching him, taking a seat beside the older guy.

“What were you thinking?” he asked.

“That I haven’t gone to China yet and I want to see their turtles. I can’t die yet” with a tiny smile, the older guy exclaimed, playing with his headphone necklace “You got the information of Sungmin-sshi’s address?”

“No” Yoochun sighed, leaning back on the wall behind him “When I sneaked in the police’s office, some dude came and started reviewing the same files I was looking for. Apparently this case is more important than I thought"

“Of course is important; you don’t see everyday this kind of murders. At least not in Korea”

“So… Are you going to try to find this killer? Yoochun asked finally.

“Why? Are you backing out?”

Rolling his eyes, Yoochun hit the older guy’s nape playfully and hugged him tightly by his shoulder.

“And lose the chance to see you on your pants? Never!”

“Thanks”

“…Plus, I already missed the chance to see poop on your face five years ago”

“You’re an idiot”

“But you love me” Yoochun smiled widely, lowering his head just in time to avoid being hit by his hyung.

“Yoochun! Jongwoon! Ten minutes!” shouted a girl, entering the room and calling both of them.

“Thanks Taeyeon” answered Jongwoon before the girl returned to the corridor. Standing up and offering his hand to the other one to pull him up, Jongwoon smiled “Ready, duckface?”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever dogface”

And just with that, Yoochun took his drumsticks from the floor, following his hyung and opening the door; hearing a lot of fangirls shouting “Dark Circle” at once.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So, you have no idea where the second victim may be?”

“According with the information Jungsoo-hyung searched for me, the guy left the country three years ago. That’s all”

After being kicked out of Sungmin’s house, the four guys had gone to Siwon's apartment and tried to come up with a plan. The apartment was fancy and modern, with all the needs Siwon could have and Donghae started wondering how many dance classes he would need to teach in order to buy this kind of apartment. But he just shook his head, trying to focus. They couldn’t leave Sungmin just like that but they were running out of time and they didn’t know where Hangeng was.

Finally knowing who was murdered, –or rather, who was supposed to be dead in his place- they didn’t have to say anything to each other tn order to know the killer was following the same trick and the same victims as before.

And Donghae was trying so hard to stop himself from hugging Kibum in front of the other two. He knew his best friend was feeling awful right now.

“It doesn’t matter” Kibum said, looking directly at Siwon with a determined look “We need to see Sungmin-sshi again and start looking for the other two victims. By now, I think at least Jongwoon-sshi knows about the murder and had made the connection between what happened to him before but we need to make sure he’s going to be ok”

Sitting on his leather chair in his small office inside of his apartment, Siwon looked thoughtfully at the glasses guy, thinking deeply about what was going on. But there was one think that was making him curious.

“Kibum-sshi… Why are you doing this? What are your reasons?”

Kibum, on the other hand, had been expecting this question sooner or later so, he wasn’t surprised or nervous.

“I have a lot of free time” Kibum smiled “And you Siwon? Trying to redeem yourself of your high school mistake? I heard your father’s is a little bit…”

“Stay away from that topic!” Siwon raised his voice, standing up, hitting his desk with both of his palms and glaring coldly at Kibum. “If you want to work with me, you’ll never say anything about my father. Am I clear?”

Knowing he had succeeded at distracting Siwon from his suspicions, Kibum smirked mentally and nodded.

Sensing the tension between those two, Donghae showed his curiosity.

“So… Are we going to visit Sungmin again?”

Seeing as no one was going to answer his Dongseng, and glad he at least was trying to help, Jungsoo sighed and shook his head.

“We can’t. As soon as that guy threw us out of his house, I assume he called the police because we can’t go near him anymore. He put a restriction order on us”

“Oh”

“But that doesn’t mean we’re not going to try”

Hearing Siwon, Donghae and Kibum looked at him waiting for an explanation but he just lowered his gaze and sat again on his chair.

“We heard his agency won’t allow him to stay forever in his house. He signed a contract for ten years.” said Jungsoo.

“And?”

“This guy is going to help us get in”

With a flawless movement, the oldest of the four showed them a simple page of a magazine, making Donghae smiled while reading it.

 

“Kim Heechul broke up with our beautiful Jessica!

This last Monday, our sources informed us that the model simply known as Heechul decided to dump his three-weeks-ex-girlfriend. ‘I was getting bored’ stated Heechul. What do you think happened? Who cheated on whom? Keep reading at page 32.”

 

"What an interesting meeting we're going to have" said Donghae with a smirk.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author Note: Hai! n_n/
Sorry for the delay of this chapter but I'm studying for my exams and I hadn't had a lot of time lately =/
But thanks to my lovely readers! n-n I hope this story seems interesting to you and the plot makes justice to the movie =)

And now I have 36 subscribers! :D YEAY!

 

Just a warning... I made this chapter on Spanish first so I know for sure there's grammar mistakes but my next class starts in 7 minutes so I'm going to fix that later =)

So, today's questions are: Why do you think the murder killed Sungjin instead of Sungmin? What do you think is going on between Siwon and his father? What about Yesung's introduction?

Yeah, I made Yoochun the drummer of his rock band xD I just didn't want Yesung to have random bandmates so I chose him =)

Yoochun is my favorite DBSK's member 8D. Another think; I didn't made up the name's band. I watched the movie again and found out they actually are called like that so I used it. And Dark Circle has 4 members. Can you guess who's the bassist and guitarist?

And sorry for killing Sungmin's brother! But I needed to do it T_T