No.1

Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?

’Sweetie please, hurry up a little bit’ – the girl in a lovely flower-patterned dress heard her mother’s voice.
‘Don’t worry, I’m ready. But don’t you think wearing a fancy white dress for a wedding as a guest is a little bit rude towards the bride?’ – the young girls was looking up and down her mother who was wearing a white costume made for women with a little bit sparkling grey shirt alongside a white high heel.
‘I know what I’m doing. It was the bride’s wish for me to wear white’ – lied the women.
‘Well, if you say so’ – agreed the daughter, picked up the flower bucket from the table, went out of the house and got into the car. They were driving along the roads she’s been observing ever since she was little. Inside here memory there were thousands of memories about playing, running, fights and everything what happened to her. And now they’re heading to the Mayor’s office to attend some stranger’s wedding.
‘You can go first inside. I need to go and look for my friend to… console her’ – Mabel rolled her eyes because she didn’t have any idea who her mother’s friend was, and why she needs this much effort from her mother. Actually, her mom did a lot for that so-called friend: ordered flowers, booked the restaurant, organized the place for the photoshoot and the photographer so basically everything. Mabel didn’t understand why she had to do this much stuff, but she let her mother to play the important role. As she entered the ceremony’s hall she realized this is really a private wedding. Besides her, there was her grandparents while on the other a really pretty lady and a young boy who’s probably around the same age as Mabel. She heard that there’s a Japanese expression for this feeling: koi no yokan. It doesn’t exactly mean love at first sight, but more like seeing someone and you know that you will fall in love with that person. The young girl had this feeling everywhere on her body – in her mind, stomach, heart, legs, arms, basically everywhere. She looked at the guy with the most beautiful and big eyes wearing black suits and a red shirt, who also had a little cut in his eyebrows. Although he was exactly her untold type – meaning a guy who can be delicate but strong, who isn’t skinny but isn’t a bulked up or a fat guy, just someone who you immediately want to hug until the end of your life – had a really interesting expression on his face. He seemed angry, annoyed and irritated. When Mabel step into the hall and he looked at her, she could feel that she would be killed right away if the guys was able to murder with his eyes. Despite this expression and the tense air she could feel her heart skipping a beat. And how funny it is that they’re meeting at a wedding. Maybe they are fated to be together? Maybe this means they’re going to be the next ones who will be standing by that altar. She giggled with these thoughts in her head and sat next to her grandmother.
‘Why are you so happy?’ – asked her grandmother surprised.
‘Why would I be sad at someone’s wedding? Also doesn’t that guy look like the most perfect man in the world?’ – she whispered and then laughed into her grandmother’s ears. Although, the old lady ignored the last part of what her granddaughter told her.
‘Someone’s wedding? Oh Lord no. Please don’t tell me your mother was the world’s biggest coward and didn’t tell you whose wedding is it.’ – panic was written all over her grandma’s face. This made Mabel worried.
‘Well, she told me this is her dearly loved friend’s wedding. Although I don’t even have a clue who she is.’
‘It’s your mother’s wedding’
‘WHAT?’ – the girl shouted and at the same time the gates opened and she realized her grandma was right just like always. There was her mother with the flower she picked out herself alongside a man who she never seen before. There was some music playing in the background and her mother and the unknown man was smiling at each other happily. She was so shocked that all she could do was blinking for many many minutes and didn’t even know how many times has passed. – ‘What the hell is this? Someone could be nice enough to explain this whole ty situation for me?’ – She asked angrily. Her grandmother tried to put her back to sit, while weird faces from the other side was shown to her. Her mother rushed to calm her down.
‘Sweetie, let me explain this after we’re done’
‘No way. You’re telling everything to me. I think to begin with it would be a pleasure to tell me why everyone knew this is going to be your wedding and I was the only one who was clueless. Who is this man? How long do you know him? Why are you marrying him? Did you get yourself pregnant? Have you totally gone crazy?’ – she couldn’t hide her anger towards her mother and the man, but she didn’t have any intentions to hide her feelings.
‘I know you’re still a little bit angry over the divorce between me and your father but…’ – Celine tried to explain everything from the very beginning but her daughter wasn’t listening.
‘I’m a 20-year-old grown up women, I think I can get over the fact that your marriage was , you don’t love each other anymore. I am not some child who freaks out just because mom and dad no longer live in a fairytale. But I do freak out because my mom is marrying someone without my knowledge.’
‘I told you Celine it was a bad idea to not notice her beforehand’ – and that’s it. This was the last drop of water what the imaginary cup could bear. It broke. Everyone started to shout and fight. The handsome guy shouted with his father. That man tried to calm down Celine, while the three women was having a debate on their own. Her daughter and mother was blaming Celine for everything, although all she wanted was pure happiness with the man she had been loving for years with her beloved daughter. Swear words and hatred was filling up the whole place, poor worker didn’t even know what to do with them, she was just standing there shocked.
‘He’s the man I’ve been in love ever since high school, I wanted to marry him and not your stupid father. That was the biggest mistake in my life’ – Celine couldn’t think anymore, so she just speaks anything what came to her mind. But this was the sentence what she should’ve kept in herself. As soon as she said it out loud, she regretted telling it right to Mabel’s face.
‘Then this means I am the second biggest mistake in your life.’ – This was the only conclusion what could come to Mabel’s mind. To this conversation everyone remained silent. – ‘Fine. Then marry this man, start your new life and forget your mistakes. No one will blame you. Miss, you can go on with the ceremony. I mean my mother and beloved daddy must be waiting for this moment for the past let’s say 25 years. Congratulations in advance.’

After this big mess they had a rather depressing lunch than a lovely one. No one said even a single word. Although Mabel was pissed off she couldn’t help but eat. Not eating doesn’t solve any problem. Fainting out of hunger will just make things worse. Also, probably this corn salad, chicken and pork dishes were waiting for me to eat them. And we didn’t even mention those nice-looking cakes. She thought.
‘You’ve got some nerves to be eating at this moment’ – a voice approached her as she was choosing between the strawberry cake and the chocolate pudding. As she looked up the dream guy was in front of her with a sarcastic smirk on his face.
‘I was trained for moments like this. Also, you also should eat. This food is just like when a baby is born: they didn’t do anything bad. So instead of being stubborn and refuse to eat, you should eat and drink as much as you can, so their wallet will cry after this day’ – told the girl while in the end she was eating both the strawberry cake and the pudding.
‘So basically you’re telling me to go to the bar, tell them to write everything we order to our parent’s bill and get drunk?’ – the boy asked playfully with a little bit of hunger for revenge in his eyes.
‘It isn’t me who’s telling this. It’s the rule of those, who have been stabbed in the back. So let’s go’
‘After you, my lady’ – the guy offer his hand to the girl to grab it – ‘Oh, and by they way. I am Sungjin. Nice to meet you’.
‘I am Mabel. It is nice to meet you too, Sungjin.’ – the girl smiled at the guy. For today, they’re going to be partners in crime.