Let's Webcam!

Both Worlds (Hiatus)

 

Let’s Webcam!

Woohyun sighed as he zipped his pants up. He was really beginning to hate having a break. First, Sungjong got into a scandal, and then Hoya was seen in public dressed as a girl. If only the CEO hadn’t given them a break, then maybe Infinite’s reputation wouldn’t be as tarnished. The Infinite boys, excluding himself and Sungyeol, were still practically kids, immature kids. The moment they’re given a break, or free time, they jump on it and get into trouble. Sometimes, he wondered whether the boys knew that they were indeed idols.

He ran his pale fingers through his hair and took in a deep breath. Woohyun was usually never the type to think of s – or anyone in general – badly, yet now, he was starting to think of s as irresponsible people. Or as people who didn’t know their places in society yet. Usually, Woohyun was full of happy thoughts and he always thought of people before himself, but now, for once, he was thinking of his image before anyone else’s. Because of this, Woohyun decided to talk to his childhood friend, in hope of being able to return to his usual self.

He whipped out his laptop and logged into Skype, where he could video chat with her. He looked at his contacts, and saw that his friend was online. Almost immediately, he clicked the call button, and his friend picked up. “Nana!” he cried, almost hugging the screen that showed his childhood friends face.

“What the hell? Okay, I call you every month, to have you reject my call. And then now, you call me? You know what? Maybe I should just hang up. Yeah, that’s a good idea. Goodbye, Nam Woohyun, go talk to someone else.” She harshly told him. Woohyun then heard the clicks of a few buttons before her face disappeared. He sat there and simply stared at the screen in shock.

A few seconds later, there was an incoming call from his friend again. He instantly picked up and Nana’s face had shown up again. “Aww, there’s no need to cry Woohyun. You know I was just joking. Besides, I called you back didn’t I?” She softened up when she caught a tear trailing down Woohyun’s cheek.

Woohyun slightly sniffled before grinning. “Nana, I missed you!” he hugged the screen. Nana stared at the black screen and chuckled. Woohyun then finally let go of the laptop and addressed why he had called her. “I need your help. I’m putting my needs before other people’s needs. What do I do?”

Nana stared at him in disbelief. “You, Nam Woohyun, called me, Kim Nana, just because you’re putting your needs before other people’s needs? What the hell is wrong with you?  It’s okay to be selfish, boy. You need to learn that.” She sighed. At times, Nana really felt sorry for Woohyun. He was so kind, that he tended to be manipulated by the people around him. Nana, who was a rather tough girl, had always told him to toughen up and be mean for once, yet he could never do it. “You need to be selfish. Think about only yourself for at least a day. After you do that, maybe life will be so much easier for you. Woohyun, you won’t go to Hell or jail for being selfish for one day.”

Woohyun simply nodded blew his fringe. “But what if I can’t be selfish? It’s not possible for me to be selfish, Nana. My nature is to be giving. I can’t just become selfish all of a sudden.”

She sighed at Woohyun’s words, yet again. “Woohyun, I know you can be selfish. Don’t lie, just because you’re afraid of becoming a terrible person doesn’t mean that you should always be a good boy. You should let go of your ‘goodie two shoes’ act for once and do something fun, like get wasted. Or at least act like how you act on camera.” Nana suggested.

“No, it’s not an act. I’m naturally like this, okay? You’re not helping with my problem! What happened to the problem solving Nana from when we were younger?” Woohyun stomped his feet angrily.

“What happened to the selfish Woohyun from when we were younger, huh?” Nana shot back, causing Woohyun to pout. “You know what, since I don’t have time right now, I’ll talk to you later. Also, make sure that you bring Myungsoo next time.” Nana sighed dreamily as her bias, Myungsoo’s, face popped up in her mind.

Woohyun pouted again. ‘Myungsoo is not what he looks like. I should be your bias. I’m better than him, I don’t have aegyo.’ He remembered the time when Nana told him that she hated his on screen aegyo. Before he could say anything, Nana had exited out of the conversation, leaving Woohyun staring at the screen, shocked, yet again.

“Oh! I have a fan!” Myungsoo cheered giddily from behind Woohyun. Woohyun whipped his head around and stared at Myungsoo. He then turned back around to face his laptop screen. ‘Why is everyone a fan of Myungsoo?

---

So, this chapter happened to get delete during the stuff that has happened to AFF. Sorry it took so long to put back up.