Chapter Three: The News

Another Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ouch, that hurt, Sweetheart,” a deep voice came from behind me. I turned around and there he was, in his usual all black suit and red tie, the demon Crowley.

“Crowley,” I greeted him.

“SeoYun,” he took a step closer. “You know I’m just one phone call away, right? Did you lose my number?”

“Would you have granted my wish if I had called you?”

He looked as if he was thinking for a moment and shook his head, stepping closer. “Well, you’re right. I don’t make deals through phone calls. I see now that you really want to do this, don’t you, Sweetheart?” He stopped and looked up at the sky.

“Don’t call me sweetheart, and yes, I really do. You give me what I want, I have 10 years to live then you can take me. That’s how it works, right?”

Crowley suddenly laughed. “SeoYun, we both know you only have 5 at most.” He turned to me, looking into my eyes as I looked back at him in shock. “What, you think I didn’t know? I know everything. But no worries, I haven’t told the boys yet. Wait, you’re not asking me to cure you, are you? Because while I can give you the 10 years, that would also be very sad.”

“I’m not,” I said. I was not in the slightest bit interested in what he said. “Okay, so take me in five years.”

“Let me see,” he paused, “I said 5 years at most, didn’t I? So you most likely won’t live that long. What if you die before that? I’m going to lose my prize.” He started stepping closer toward me slowly as he talked, “I say 2 years. With today’s technology, I bet you won’t die sooner than that.”

“Fine.”

Crowley grinned. “Okay, then. Now, this would be the part where I hear your wish.”

I told him what I wanted but he didn’t give any response. “So?”

“Interesting,” Crowley started. “I always thought someone as close to the Winchesters as you are would not do this deal unless it’s a life and death situation. Who are they anyway? Why would you do this for them? Are they really that important to you?”

“Can you do it or not?” I said straight to the point.

“Sweet-” he paused when he saw me glaring at him then started over, “SeoYun, you’re underestimating me. Of course, I can. We just need to seal it with a kiss. The boys did tell you that, didn’t they?”

I stepped forward until we were only one step apart. “Let’s do it,” I said. Crowley then stepped forward and leaned in. I closed my eyes as our lips met and only opened them again when I felt him pull away. I looked ahead to see the empty road. Crowley was gone.

The deal was made.

 

---

 

Seoul, The Next Day

I spent two days at the countryside, the next day was spent strolling on the beach. It had been refreshing. I hadn’t felt free in a long time. Everytime I went out of Seoul, it was always for a hunt, though sometimes I’d stop by to attend the boys’ activities if they happened to be nearby, so I wanted to make the most of my trip.

As I was waiting for my plane earlier, HyunJoong called me, asking me what time I’d arrive back in Seoul. He’d heard from KyuJong that I went on a trip and wanted to pick me up at the airport. He said that he, and the other members, wanted to take me somewhere because they had something to tell me and now there he was, waiting for me at the terminal. He had come with KyuJong, who was waving at me. Thankfully, though, there were no fans around. We managed to greet each other without any cameras pointed at us.

After the short greeting, we started walking toward the parking lot and then got into his car and HyunJoong asked me if it would be okay to go to my place, since I just came home from a trip and they might get loud and everything. When I gave them my yes, KyuJong texted the others and told me that they would join us later and that they would bring food, so I didn’t need to worry.

In the car, HyunJoong the radio and one of the songs that we all knew came up. We all sang along on top of our lungs, often going off-tune, but no one cared. We had fun as HyunJoong drove to my apartment.

Arriving at the parking lot, we all unbuckled and got out of the car. HyunJoong got my suitcase from the trunk and carried it inside. As I entered the passcode, I remembered that I didn’t clean up before I left. I stilled, cursing myself for not remembering this and letting them come.

“Noona, are you okay?” KyuJong suddenly asked.

“Uhh, yeah… I'm okay... It's jusy... I haven't cleaned up is all…”

“Eiii... You really are something, Noona…” KyuJong commented. “But that's ok, we will help.”

I smiled sheepishly and opened the door. I entered first and held the door open for the others. Entering the living room, I was glad it wasn't as messy as I imagined it to be. The two boys quickly got to work and I excused myself to go to my bedroom, bringing my suitcase along with me.

In my room, the familiar pain came back and I took another dose of the painkillers. I laid down, waiting for it to work. Just then, my phone went off. It was Dean. I prepared myself for what I knew he was going to say. Crowley must have told him. I answered the call and I didn't even have the chance to say anything before Dean started talking.

"SeoYun, what the hell?" He said, obviously angry.

"I had to," I answered calmly.

“You had to? SeoYun, you can’t be serious,” Dean wasn’t satisfied with my answer.

“SeoYun,” came Sam’s voice, Dean must’ve put the call on speaker. “We can try to break the deal, maybe get Rowena to help, o-or maybe Cas can help. I’ll find a way. There must be something in the library.” Sam started mentioning the witch and Castiel the angel, trying to find a way to break the deal.

“There isn’t. Look, I haven’t been totally honest with you all,” I said and they both fell silent. “I’m dying. I want to do this for them. This is the least I can do for them.”

There was a knock on the door and seconds later HyunJoong poked his head in. “Noona, do you have plastic cups?” he asked me in Korean.

“I think I have some in the kitchen. I'm still on a call but I'll be done soon and then I'll look for some,” I answered him, also in Korean. HyunJoong then nodded and left the room. I turned my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter