Chapter 13

The Fate of The Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inside her room, the royal princess jumped and danced like crazy when she was all alone. However, her expression of contentment was quickly cut short by sounds of rapid knocking originated from the door frame of her room.

The royal princess immediately put up an annoyed face due to the disruption before ordering in a rather harsh tone, “Just come in!”

The door opened to reveal the newly reappointed General Kang in her glorious gold and red hanbok that she had yet to wear for an entire week and Lieutenant General Son, still looking the same when they met a few minutes beforehand. The two soldiers immediately knelt down upon the royalty’s presence before returning back to their feet again.

“It’s nice to see you in those hanbok again, General Kang,” the royal princess opinionated with a joking smile, prompting the said person to answer, “Well, it is kind of weird to wear this again after a week of not using them. It feels heavy to have all of these unnecessary clothing in my body again.”

“Well, just get used to it back, Seul unnie, because you’re going to wear those again until the end of your life,” the royal princess said before slating her hands once and asking, “So, what brings the two best soldiers in all Elysium here to this scrappy temporary room of mine?”

The two soldiers gave each other a glaring look as neither one of them wanted to be the person to ask the royalty the question that had been lingering on their heads.

The royalty, who undoubtedly understood the look that the two soldiers had been shooting to each other, uttered, “Look, I know what the two of you are going to ask, considering how hesitant the two of you are to ask the question. Now, from this point on until the time where our tenure here is done, I want every soldier in the 3rd Battalion and every royal maid brought with this entourage to not regard me as ‘Your Highness’ or ‘Royal Princess’ when I am walking with the girl that you had just seen, Seungwan unnie. I want them to just call me as lieutenant or Lieutenant Yoo.”

“May I ask why, Your Highness?” Lieutenant General Son asked reluctantly after gathering every courage that she had to question the royal princess’ seemingly weird behavior.

“It’s because I need to hide my true identity from her and I don’t want her to know the truth until the time is right. Do we have an agreement here?” Royal Princess Bae announced with a rather threatening tone.

“Yes, Your Highness,” the two soldiers replied in unison, prompting the royal princess to continue, “Good! Now, Seungwan unnie, I would like to have a moment alone with Seulgi unnie right now, so can you please leave?”

The two soldiers shared another confused look with each other before the lieutenant general stood up to bow and leave the supreme general and royal princess to themselves.

“You got to give me a better clarification as to why you suddenly need to hide your real identity from that person, Jeongyeon-ah,” General Kang stated sternly, causing the younger royalty to let out a deep sigh.

“Remember when I told you I am desperate to find my true love, Seul unnie?” Royal Princess Bae asked, which was answered by the supreme general with a curt nod, prompting the royalty to continue, “Well, I guess I just find the one, the love of my life, the one that I want to grow old with, the one that I want to build a family with.”

“How can you suddenly say that when you have only spent a few hours with her?” General Kang asked confusedly and questioningly.

“I think it’s love at first sight, Seul unnie. The moment I laid eyes on her, I thought this girl is to die for and this is the one I want to live the rest of my life with,” Royal Princess Bae answered with bright expression and glimmering eyes.

“And who exactly is this person again, Jeong-ie?” General Kang questioned in an even more confused tone.

“Her name is Kim Nabong and she is one of the royal maids working for Her Highness Princess Im,” Royal Princess Bae replied back, this time causing the supreme general to nod her head as she had finally understood the reason why the royalty had to hide her true identity.

“Do you want me to spy on her, Jeong-ah? You know, to get some insight on her and verify her identity,” General Kang insinuated, but that suggestion was instantly turned down by the royalty as she ordered, “I think I got this one on my own, unnie. I just want to tell you about this so that I can confide to you when I’m having rough patches or confusion on how to deal with her. Oh, and please don’t tell Joohyun unnie anything about this first, at least until I’m able to officially court Nabong.”

The supreme general unconsciously smiled upon the younger royalty’s words and thought, “Wow, you have grown so much over the years, Your Highness,” before speaking out, “Alright, if that’s what you want, my dear Jeongyeon. I am truly happy for you that you have finally completed your search and I hope you can be with her eventually. Just remember what I told you before. Do not screw this up or else I will personally punish you, no matter what punishment I would be sentenced with later.”

The royal princess nodded at the general’s advice before realizing, “By the way, at what time do we have the dinner with King Im again?”

“At 7 if I’m not mistaken, so you have approximately half an hour to clean up and get dressed. I will leave you to it, then. See you later, Your Highness,” the supreme general said before tightly hugging the royalty, shortly bowing at the latter, and leaving her alone in the room to prepare herself for the upcoming dinner party.

With the help of her royal maids, the royal princess quickly cleaned herself up and got dolled up to attend the dinner alongside the supreme general, her sister, and her mother. The four walked together towards the dining hall in the Im Kingdom’s main castle building, with General Kang leading the pack alongside General Chou of Im Kingdom, followed by the two royal siblings walking right behind the generals, and Queen Bae Taeyeon walking behind her two daughters. When the small group had arrived at the said place, they found it to still be empty as the royalties from the Im Kingdom had yet to arrive.

With the help of the royal maids, the four took their places on the table, with Queen Bae taking his seat at the south end of the table, directly across the seat reserved for King Im. The two royal siblings sat on each side of the first seat from the south end, with the crown princess on the right side and the royal princess on the left side and the two generals also sat on each side of the table at the middle seats, with General Kang on the right side, directly next to Crown Princess Bae, and General Chou on the left side, right next to Royal Princess Bae. This meant that there were only 3 spots left on the table, intended for King Im, his wife, and their sole daughter. A few minutes passed when the door to the dining hall opened again, this time revealing King Im Taecyeon and Queen Im Yoona from behind those doors. All of the occupants of the dining hall stood in acknowledgement of the royal hosts, with General Kang and General Chou the only two to give a small bow at the two royalties from Im Kingdom.

“Please, have a seat,” King Im uttered as he took his seat right at the north head of the table and her wife sat on the first seat from the north head at the right side of the table.

King Im, then, continued by informing, “I am truly sorry that my wife and I are late, Taeng-ah. We had to check up on our daughter, Nayeon, for a while. Apparently, she had fallen sick and on behalf of her, I would like to apologize that she could not join us for tonight’s dinner.”

“How ill is she, Taec oppa? Will the coronation ceremony still able to take place three days from now?” Queen Bae asked with real concern and sympathy towards the Im Kingdom’s sole princess.

“Our royal doctor said that she just needed a long rest because apparently, she was too tired with all of the royal duties that she had to do, especially for the upcoming coronation. I can assure you, though, that ceremony will still take place three days from now. Speaking of which, how was your trip? Was it too long of a journey from the North?” King Im shortly reported his daughter’s condition before asking the condition of the entourage from Bae Kingdom.

“Well, I guess the paths have gotten way sandier than before, Taec oppa, but the trip itself is extremely pleasant for me and especially to my daught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter