Confession

Bonded

 

Yongguk was stunned at the other boy’s quick, smug exit. So many questions were running through his mind: Where did he come from? Why was he here? How did he found out about this place? How did he even get in here?

Yongguk shrugged and dismissed the thoughts in his mind, sitting down in front of the iMacs while telling himself that he’d probably never see him again.

Though there was a strange thing – Yongguk wanted to see Himchan again. He wanted to know what his musical style was and where his cockiness stemmed from amongst other things, but most importantly he wanted to know how he got into the music room – his own personal territory – in the first place. Of course if Yongguk hadn’t seen him around school before it meant that he was new here, but then again how could a newbie find his way around so easily? He let out a deep breath and cleared his mind.

“Come on, Jepp,” Yongguk muttered. “Another year, another chance. Don’t mess it up this time, it’s time to focus.”

---

The school bell rang, and Yongguk merged himself in the scuffling crowd, all of whom (except him, of course) were anxiously anticipating which teacher they would have for register this year.

“I hope my class gets that new teacher, Miss Joo,” exclaimed an excitable teenage boy in front of Yongguk. “She is such a babe. The things I would do to get extra detention, just so I could get an opportunity to sniff her …”

Yongguk rolled his eyes in disgust at the remark, before feeling an arm wrap around the back of his neck.

“WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL, HYUNG,” exclaimed the excited younger boy. This boy was none other than Jung Daehyun; although he was seemingly calm and reserved, Daehyun always seemed to come out of his shell when he was around his hyung. Yongguk wondered why that was so, seeing as they hadn’t known each other for long; he guessed it was because of their shared angst of the world that they became best friends.

Yongguk peeled the young boy’s arm off.

“Daehyun, you really have to stop doing that,” he said, darting him an evil look. “I’m beginning to have neck problems, thanks to you.”

“Sorry, hyung,” Daehyun replied, a look of hurt flashing on his face. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just happy to see you, since you holed yourself up in your room for every single day of our holidays.”

“Yah! I went out sometimes!” Yongguk shouted defensively, his eyes widening.

“Helping your mother put away groceries doesn’t count,” Daehyun said, accompanied by a sceptical smirk. Yongguk hated how he made assumptions, let alone correct ones.

“Shut up. So what if I stayed at home? I was productive anyway. I was busy writing songs the whole time.” A light bulb went off in Yongguk’s head. “That reminds me, I think I have a little something for you to sing.” That was another reason why Daehyun liked being in Yongguk’s company – Yongguk was so obsessed with making his own songs, and since he was too embarrassed to sing the lyrics himself, he asked his younger fellow to do it for him. Daehyun always thought of it as endearing, but he wasn’t in a position to judge his friend.

“No can do, sir,” Daehyun replied, shaking his head. “I’m fully booked this week. Got some things to take care of.”

Yongguk’s eyes widened again.

“Romeo has a date?” Yongguk asked. Daehyun never rejected his requests to sing for him, not even if he had a huge assignment that counted for 50% of his total grade due the next day. The only times Daehyun denied Yongguk was when his dog died (Daehyun was unmentionably distraught by it) or when Daehyun had a date. Yongguk tried to recall seeing a dog the last time he was at Dae’s house, but he couldn’t remember. This left him with the other option. “Didn’t your mum say no more girls after what happened the last time?”

Yongguk smirked a little, remembering how he almost died laughing when he first heard the story. Daehyun tried to cook for his then-girlfriend in an attempt to impress her; in other words, so he could get into her pants. It worked, as they ended up ing – the heat of their lust burning the walls. That, as well as the literal heat; during the midst of their session, Daehyun had forgotten to switch the stove off, and by chance, the curtain overhanging the cooker was set on fire. Needless to say, it was slightly humiliating when he had to tell the local fire department the cause of the fire.

The younger boy blushed when he heard “no girls” escape from his hyung’s mouth. “Yeah, hyung, I remember. No girls.”

“Then how are you going on a—“

Yongguk stopped walking abruptly when he saw Daehyun put the tips of his two index fingers together. Yongguk gulped, all of what Daehyun meant clicking into place.

“Oh. That’s what you, uh, you meant.”

A stale moment passed, both guys avoiding eye contact with each other.

“Yeah, hyung,” Daehyun said, slicing through the thick tension in their surrounding air. “That’s what I meant. Like, damn, my hand has not been doing me justice, and I have been dying to have a good lay, but I don’t want to upset the mother, you know?”

Yongguk nodded slowly, allowing all of this brand new information to sink in. “Daehyun, I don’t think this is what she had in mind.”

“Yeah, I know, but she doesn’t understand how a teenage boy’s brain works. She doesn’t know that the male generation has needs,” Daehyun explained, adjusting the straps of his backpack. He turned to Yongguk and smiled. “Actually, I was thinking about it the other day, and I realized that by doing this, I’m channelling my inner caveman.”

Yongguk turned to Daehyun. “Sometimes I wonder if you even keep track of what you’re saying anymore, since you say so much bull.”

“Whatever hyung,” the younger replied, glaring at his friend. “Anyway, I don’t mind being with a guy. It’s actually pretty great, seeing as we both know what we’re thinking, and we both know what guys want and things like that. Plus, he’s kind of cute too. And he’s really smart, and he seems to care about me, unlike all those other girls who only wanted me as eye candy.” Daehyun sighed dreamily. “I get what chivalry really means when I’m around him, you know?”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Yongguk muttered dryly. “I get it man, you’re busy. It’s okay. The song isn’t urgent anyway. Just me give me a call or something when you’re free.”

The buzz in the corridors that was there just moments earlier was now gone, and Yongguk and Daehyun had to go in their respective classrooms. The older was about to push through the door, when he heard Daehyun’s voice.

“Hyung, wait,” Daehyun exclaimed. “I just want to tell you something.”

Yongguk turned hesitantly, a look of scepticism on his face. “What is it, ?”

Daehyun shot his hyung a dirty look. “I’m going to ignore that. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you’re the first person I’ve told about my ‘plans’.”

“So?”

“I just wanted to thank you for taking it so well. Well, aside from that little remark.”

“Aish, Jung Daehyun. What do you take me for? Someone who eats a lamb leg for every meal?” Yongguk tutted. “Just because I like to work out and do masculine things doesn’t mean I’m closed-minded, you know. Jesus Christ, it’s not like the muscle is getting to my head or anything.”

Daehyun looked at the floor, surprised by Yongguk’s sudden rant. A huge wave of relief washed over him however, when he heard Yongguk’s familiar chuckle and his hand ruffling his hair.

“But you’re welcome. I’m glad I was the first one you told about this whole thing. Just… Don’t go all soft on me, all right? You seem pretty into this guy, and I don’t want to, you know, lose my best friend.” My only friend actually, Yongguk thought.

“Of course not, hyung. You’re a cool guy. I could never leave you,” Daehyun beamed, before turning to his classroom. “Thanks.”

Yongguk smiled, watching his (now happy) dongsaeng go into his classroom before turning into his own.

Here we go again, Yongguk thought, sighing while pushing the door. Another year, I presume just as mediocre as the rest.

----------------------------------------

A/N

AND HERE WE HAVE DAEHYUN'S INTRO! Doesn't he seem like quite a ladies' man? Hahaha. Well, not really anymore, seeing as he just admitted he's with a guy... But whatever.

I actually lol'd at myself when writing that scene about the fire. I have no clue as to where I got the idea for that from. LOL

...So it's been over two weeks since the last chapter. Actually, scratch that, the only chapter. OTL Apologies, dear subscribers, I've just been extremely busy and stuff. Not to mention forgetful LOL oh dear. Anyway, I'll try to be more consistent.

And hello new readers! Feel free to subscribe and comment. Opinions/constructive criticism/mean criticism/suggestions/compliments are welcome. <3