Parallel Darkness

Black Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You look out the window, the window of your room. The scenery is the same as you remember. The same street. The same houses. The same trees. 

But now they are all shielded in darkness, as if a shadow is permanently wrapped around everything.

You hear the close of the door, the click of the lock. 

 

Baekhyun is home.

 

 

Home…is this your home?

 

 

You don’t move when you hear his footsteps grow nearer, become louder. He opens the door to your room and steps in, but still you don’t move. You don’t turn, you don’t look at him.

“If you’re hungry, there’s food downstairs.” He tells you, his voice careless, and in the reflection of the window glass, you can clearly see his large wings folded behind his back as he turns to leave.

“Baekhyun.” You call on pure instinct, so many things on the tip of your tongue—but when he turns, you stay silent. 

You look down as your cheeks warm. “Never mind.”

It’s so hard to look at him now. He looks the same, but his eyes are always red now. You liked them better when they were dark. His red eyes are always a reminder of the mistake you made, of the price you’ll have to pay for the rest of your life.

He looks at you for a moment longer, his eyes calm, emotionless, cold. His lip twitches—perhaps in annoyance—as he turns again to leave. “Remember to never leave the house.”

His wings unfold, as he moves at the speed of light, your human eyes only able to catch a black blur fly through the front door.

The door slams shut, the click of the lock clear to your ears.

Baekhyun is always away. Sometimes you watch from your window, see his black wings carry him far, far away. You always wonder where he’s going. Sometimes you hope he would stay home with you—until you remember he’s not the same.

Not the same Baekhyun you used to live with, the man who used to laugh with you and although he was a trouble-maker, he was always gentle towards you.

 

No—Byun Baekhyun changed.

 

He gave you strict orders to never ever leave the house without him—for a reason you have no idea of.

But today…today is the day. Today you will leave. You won’t be a prisoner here forever, in a fabricated world of your own. No. You’re going to save yourself.

You run to the front door, unlocking it and racing out. You need to run. To where? You have not the slightest clue. But it’s better to try than just sit around and wait for things to happen to you.

 

You will go home.

 

You don’t know how long you’ve been running. You weave through so many familiar streets. The street you always use to go to school. The café you love to go to with your friends. The library where you used to stay late in to study.

But they’re all covered in shadows now, a mere ghost of the real thing. There is not a soul in sight in this world.

You pant, stopping only to catch your breath. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter