It Takes a Little Bit of Everything to Be a Leader

It Takes a Little Bit of Everything to Be a Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
It Takes a Little Bit of Everything to Be a Leader

"Hyung, come here!"

"Where are my shoes, hyung?"

"Hyung, Kyuhyunnie is still sleeping!"

"Hyung, hurry up, come here!"

"Teuk hyung! Teuk hyung!"

A normal day in Super Junior's dorm usually involves Leeteuk running around the house - waking Kyuhyun up only to come back five minutes later to find him still sound asleep, knocking on the bathroom's door from time to time because the kids just take too much time showering, searching for Donghae's missing shoe, telling Eunhyuk to stop teasing Yesung so early in the morning or else Yesung will spend the entire half of the day sulking, and by the end of their usual early morning routine, all the members of Super Junior will be left all dressed up and fresh for their schedule for the day while Leeteuk? Leeteuk's already tired, hungry for breakfast, and the bags under his eyes are much more prominent than before, but nevertheless, he will stand beside their company's van and count each member that will hop in, "One, two, three, Sungminnie, please tie up your shoelaces, four, five, hurry up, Siwon-ah! Six, seven, eight, nine, where's Heechul?"

"I'm here," Heechul comes running out of the dorm carrying a tumbler containing some hot coffee. "Sorry, sorry."

"Ten," Leeteuk sighs, contemplating whether to scold Heechul about how their staff would already buy coffees for them, why he still needs to make his own, but decides against it. He steps in the passenger's seat and wears his seatbelt after reminding the kids to wear their own. It takes approximately three freaking minutes until all the members can put their seatbelts on. Leeteuk doesn't know why and how, but s have their way of prolonging things that can literally be done in just a few seconds. Maybe it's because of how Shindong will start talking about the new stories he has and the rest will immediately give him all their attention, completely ignoring Leeteuk's repeated order to please, put your seatbelts on, you can listen to the story while putting your seatbelts on and then Ryeowook will respond but, hyung, listen to Shindong hyung's story! but Leeteuk does listen to the story while telling them to put their seatbelts on, and he just can't, and will probably never do, understand how the hell s find multitasking so hard. And then the van finally drives off - it's just 6:32 in the morning yet half of Leeteuk's energy for the day is already used up.

 

- - - -  

Super Junior arrives in their schedule 15 minutes earlier than the agreed time and Leeteuk announces to the group to chill out for a while, drink the coffees bought by the staff, stuff some food into their systems, and fully wake themselves up before they have to put their makeups on and get their hairs done; but Kyuhyun immediately crashes on the couch, completely ignoring his leader's last order and drifts off to a quick nap instead. Leeteuk is about to nag Kyuhyun to death until the sleepiness in his body goes away, but one of their staff taps his shoulder and asks him to follow her. He gives Kyuhyun a second look and tells Eunhyuk to let Kyuhyun rest for 5 minutes then wake him up afterward. No more than 5 minutes, he strictly adds, before following the staff out of the dressing room. He silently walks behind her, not bothering to ask who's calling for him, what is it about, and where they are heading, but eventually, they reach a small room located a floor above their dressing room, the PD of the show they are about to shoot is sitting inside and quickly greets Leeteuk the moment he enters the room.

"PD-nim," Leeteuk bows, smiling. "You wanna talk to me?"

"Yeah, please sit down," He smiles, pointing at a chair nearby. So Leeteuk sits down and patiently waits for whatever it is that he has to tell him. "Listen, I know I told you that Kangin-ssi can join the show even after that scandal, but... the management just called me a while ago and asked me not to include him anymore. It was a last-minute instruction and I'm so-"

"You said he can join the show," Leeteuk cuts him off, eyes fix on the floor while he laces his fingers together. The PD is about to open his mouth once again but Leeteuk continues, "You promised that everything would go well and that Kangin can join us no matter what. We are already here, for god's sake, Kangin's already here! Do you think I can just go back down there and tell him, oh, I'm sorry, Kangin-ssi, but PD-nim just told me that you're not allowed to join us anymore which means you have no work left here so why don't you just go back to the dorm?" His voice is raising and he knows he should keep his cool. He's trained for situations like this - trained to smile even if he's tired, trained to entertain even if he's not in the mood to do so, trained to act strong even in the times when he feels weak and vulnerable, trained to lead and keep the group together even if sometimes, he can't even keep himself together anymore, and trained to act professional even in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter