{1}

July
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Let's break up, Teuk. I ain't feeling it anymore."

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul finally dropped his gaze, pulling his hands from Leeteuk's warm hold. He dared not to look at his boyfriend's expression because he was afraid he would waver. They were a happy couple, by happy meant they would bicker twenty-four seven but none of them would be able to part from each other longer than a day. Leeteuk was the one who would always come back to him and settle everything. Perhaps that was what made them stay until now. Tragic, the very same reason why Heechul wanted to break the beautiful ties with his lover. Leeteuk was too kind, too understanding, too loving, too plain. Those traits that usually one sought from a partner slowly bored Heechul.

 

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk's mind went blank, he could only stare at his boyfriend with the look saying 'please tell me it's only a joke'. He badly wanted to believe that it was indeed a sick joke Heechul would pull once in a while. He was rooted in his place; his hands blindly searched for the lost pairs that were Heechul's. He wanted to scream, yelling his pitiful love to Heechul's deafened ears.

 

 

 

"No. Please. Heechul, I can't live without you. Please... I'll make you happy. I'll do everything, please."

 

 

 

Leeteuk's half-shout words gradually died down to a pathetic whisper. His heart was hurting seeing Heechul only stared at his heartbreaking state without trying to hold him like he usually did. He tried to take a step forward but Heechul took two steps backward.

 

 

 

"Listen, Teuk. You're a great person, a wonderful man, a very affectionate partner. It won't take long till you heal."

"No! It won't heal unless it's you. Please, what do I do wrong?"

 

 

 

Heechul hesitantly approached his sobbing boyfriend, or he should start to say ex-boyfriend, and held his arms tightly. He enveloped Leeteuk for the last time, letting his old love go with the tears he shed. The warm embrace slowly turned colder and he knew he had to go. He finally pulled back.

 

 

 

 

 

"Meet someone nice. Be happy, Teuk."

 

 

 

 

 

He started to walk away, leaving his boyfriend hurting all alone. Each step he took was heavier than he thought as if many rocks were attached to his legs. He looked back for one last time and saw that the endless stream of tears Jungsoo didn't bother to wipe seemed to never dry out. He inhaled deeply and finally left.

 

 

 

 

 

"Goodbye, Teuk."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

}}---{{

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Count me in! The usual bar, right? Got it."

 

 

 

Heechul threw his phone on his bed and started his game again. Blasting music and the game's theme sound effects were what accompanied his days. His hands skillfully worked on the mouse and the keyboard. His team was doing great and once again he was the player of the battle for being able to kill the enemy's boss.

 

 

 

"Woohoo! Serve you right!"

 

 

 

He cheered and leaned back in his comfortable seat, sipping his third can beer of the day. His life had never been so leisure and enjoyable. The thought that he wouldn't be able to forget his past relationship was quickly diminished the moment he had a date with his gaming PC and comics. Came to think of it, Heechul hadn't heard any news from Leeteuk since his one-sided breakup. Leeteuk had been very persistent calling him and asking for him to go back but he was probably more stubborn about his decision. The idea that his ex-boyfriend was probably having a hard time to forget their past relationship made him uneasy yet somehow relieved—because he felt Leeteuk needed him so much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

}}---{{

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Here he comes, our party animal!" 

Eunhyuk announced loudly as Heechul walked like a diva that he was towards their table. The other friends also cheered noisily, making the other tables started to take a look. Heechul only smirked and motioned the bartender to make him one alcoholic beverage he always drank when he came here. He took off his leather jacket and finally took a seat beside his friends.

 

 

 

"Damn, look at you, Hyung. You look incredible!" Yesung said animatedly, obviously awed by Heechul's appearance. Donghae nodded vigorously and added, "You seriously know how to rock post-breakup period."

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul eyed his painted nails lazily before he flipped his hair dramatically, "It's been more than three months. I don't think we can call it post-breakup anymore. It's more like..." Heechul frowned, looking at the messy table. He looked up and smirked, "Let's just say this is y-free-and-single period."

 

 

 

His friends were laughing at the witty remark. They chitchatted about basically any random stuff crossing their mind, laughing and teasing. Enjoying the atmosphere, Heechul lied back on his seat before, a moment later, his order came. He turned to the pretty waitress and thanked her, not forgetting to flash his killer smile. The lady blushed madly and hastily left the table.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung. You're so naughty. Poor that girl."

"Well, I just have some fun."

 

 

 

The laughing fit broke free once again. Heechul shifted his gaze to the entrance as newcomers had just entered. His heart dropped.

 

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk.

 

 

 

 

 

The man came in and Heechul could already feel warmth gushing from his presence. He sat on a table across his and not long after, a waitress came. Heechul couldn't believe his eyes; it was really Leeteuk. He seemed not having changed much, only now his hair was longer and he dyed it in light brown. Leeteuk beamed at the lady after placing his order and the waitress, the very same girl Heechul flirted with a moment ago, giggled, her face flushed red. Something was churning inside his heart—thing he couldn't tell what. The warm, dimply smile Leeteuk put on only asserted more that it was indeed him.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul couldn't take his eyes off him as many hypotheses as to why Leeteuk came here alone flashed through his mind. His ex was never a drinker and it somehow entertained his thought in mind, that one thought he wanted to cling to—Leeteuk was still sad about their breakup and probably wanted to get wasted. 

 

 

 

Heechul smiled, remembering how much Leeteuk loved him back then. The way Leeteuk would smile when he cracked even a boring joke, the way his wrinkle showed up when he grinned dumbly, and the way Leeteuk looked at him as if he were the only person existing in his universe; those all were things he had long forgotten yet by only seeing his former boyfriend once again, they were floating freely inside his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Yesung nudged him, raising his eyebrows. Heechul quickly snapped from his long thoughts and joined the conversation his friends had although he knew he would never properly comprehend. He stole a glance at Leeteuk and his eyebrows knitted tightly when he saw the latter was on the phone, talking so excitedly. He inhaled a long breath and finally excused himself to the washroom.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter