sequel

pretend

“That is so stupid,” Wonyoung heard Yujin snorted at the other line, clearly unamused.
 

The younger groaned, closing her eyes as she sighed. Well, its true that her reason is so stupid and petty anyway. But Wonyoung only wanted her friend's supportive comment but instead, she indirectly called her pathetic and foolish— which she really is.

 

“I know so shut up.” She grunted, anxiously biting her thumbnail and heard Yujin sigh before answering her.

 

“So, basically, you wanted me to tell the teachers that you wouldn't be able to attend their classes because you are sick when the truth is you're just avoiding Prez? That's it? Talent fee, ma'am, this acting ain't for free.” Yujin joked, snickering loudly making Wonyoung glare at the television, thinking it was her goofy friend.


 

She hissed at her before rolling her eyes, plopping down to the couch, looking like a pouty puppy. “Tch! May I remind you, Miss Ahn. I also made some excuses when you're cutting class just to buy Minjoo-unnie a gift when she was upset because she didn't do well on her quiz and many more,” She replied, plain and smirked when she heard a short silence at the other line. Who wouldn't know that this reason can be useful someday. “So, please, just— support me, okay? If Chaewon-unnie ever asked you about my whereabouts, tell her i'am already in the States.” She added, finding her reason very ridiculous and stupid.

 

Yujin scoffed, and Wonyoung can see her rolling her eyes. “Stop being over-dramatic and face her you coward. See you tomorrow.” And before the taller one could yell at her, she dropped the call making Wonyoung ruffle her hair in frustration.

 

“God, why,” She whispered to herself.

 

After that date and text message last night, Wonyoung felt like she's in trouble and she never felt this nervous and anxious before that even Wonhyun can't even calm her down.

 

Chaewon knows. Oh my ing god. Kim Chaewon knows that she's Wonyoung! Not Wonhyun at all throughout the date. It doesn't matter when did she realized that the one she's dating last night is not the guy but damn, Chaewon got the sharpest eyes. Wonyoung thought everything went smoothly, she thought that the orange haired is not suspecting anything, but heck, she's completely aware. That's probably why she called her pretty and beautiful than handsome. And when she bid goodbye to her, Wonyoung didn't misheard, Chaewon really said her name.

 

Now, Wonyoung doesn't know how to face her, she felt crumbling down and would rather be eaten by the sharks than talk with her. Okay, let's say Chaewon still wanted to meet her after what happened but the tall girl still cant help but to feel embarrassed and foolish for accepting her older brother's favour.

 

She's in a deep thought when Wonhyun appeared from upstairs, looking at his sister with a worried expression. He walked near her and gave her a pat on the head. “Why thinking so deeply? Because of last day? I told you everything is fine, even Chaewon is super okay with it.” He said, trying to comfort her then sat beside her before giving the girl a hug.
 

“Nooo, you don't understand, oppa!” Wonyoung sulked. “It's just,” A sigh. “I feel embarrassed and terrified…” She added, voice low. Wonhyun rose his brow. “And why? Look, sis, i don't see any problem with it. Even Chaewon herself understood everything and even with all of that bull we did, she still wanted to date you! We talked last night and explained what happened to her, she's not even upset or what, she even found it amusing. There's no reason for you to be embarrassed, I'm the one who was supposed to be embarrassed, not you! Because she's expecting that i'll show up.” He tried to comfort her making Wonyoung pout. He indeed have a point but, still, that explanation didn't made her feel at ease.

 

“Tomorrow, go to school and meet her, show yourself,” Wonhyun said with a serious tone, narrowing his eyes to his little sister who's whining and pouting but he's glad that Wonyoung did not protest and just sulked beside him.

 

He smiled a bit, then planted a kiss on her forehead then stood up. “I need to go now, sis,” He said. “Take care, hmm?” He added and walked over the door, halting after he twisted the knob and smirked at her.

 

“I'll let you drive your car tomorrow and bring home some ice cream later, sounds good?” He asked, and in an instant, Wonyoung's eyes lit up. “Really!?” She beamed, obviously excited.

 

Wonhyun nodded then smiled. “Yes, that's why don't be sulky the whole day. See ya.” He said before finally going outside, leaving his sister there.

 

Wonyoung might not admit it outloud but Wonhyun is a good brother, he might be an idiot at all times but he's still very dependable and she doesn't know what will happen to her life if Wonhyun is not her brother, definitely boring. The guy always makes her laugh and happy although there were times they quarrel, Wonhyun will always make it up to her and apologize, not verbally but he would often send her presents as a sorry gift and would randomly kiss her forehead then runaway. Wonhyun always take care of her too, especially whenever their parents are not around, he would do his best to make her entertained. There's also times that he would go to her school and threaten the so-called-suitors of her, that if they will bother, touch, or hurt Wonyoung, he will definitely beat them up. He's such an overprotective and sweet brother, but again like Wonyoung said— she will never admit it outloud.

 

“Huh, this idiot really knows how to make me smile.”
 

Wonyoung smiled and stood up from her seat, walking to the kitchen to do something productive— baking? cooking? or both? There's nothing to do anything, might as well enjoy her little break while she thinks. She got the whole day to sharpen her baking and cooking skills. And she decided to give Yujin sweets and pastries as a token for informing the teachers that she's 'sick', might as well give her other friends too, a gift after making them worry over a petty reason.




 

Its lunchtime and Wonyoung decided to stop baking for a while and cook some lunch for herself and workers of theirs. She managed to bake three different kinds of food for four hours— chocolate cupcakes, cookies, and caramel cake— she's targeting to bake five more different ones.

 

The housekeepers are a little bit worried, they don't want to tire Wonyoung and would always pipe in for help but the young girl would refuse with a smile, saying that she's okay and would rather do the work alone. And they are also the ones who eats the foods that Wonyoung made. Now, they are trying to insist that they should do the cooking but Wonyoung gave them a puppy eyes that they can't resist, in the end, they decided to clean up the mess in the kitchen instead, Wonyoung did not protest.


 

After that, Wonyoung took a short rest.

 

Plopping down on her bed with a soft groan, she slowly grabbed her phone that's resting on the pillow and opened it, immediately opening up the message notifications. Its from Yujin, and the older texted her ten minutes ago.

 

You're really the teachers' fav wtf they are genuinely concerned and worried for you, they said get well soon… tf. When i was absent bc i broke my knee they didn't show any emotions at all and gave me three tests instead… Your power, Jang Wonyoung
 

And btw, Chaewon unnie dropped by earlier at break! She's asking for you grrr i feel bad lying to her ;-; she's confused! And left after saying thanks to me
 

If you wont get ur up and step the up i will surely cut your legs off….
 

Jk, love ya, get well soon lmao!

 

The girl snorted, replying with a thumbs up before checking their group chat, her unnies are worried for her. She left a reassuring message and decided to lurk for a while on the bird app and after an hour, she went back to the kitchen and continued baking.
 

 





 

“Dad and Mom wont learn about this, right?” Wonyoung worriedly asked her brother who snorted at her. “Yeah. Don't worry about it. You have license anyway. I'll make sure you will reach your school though.” He said then stood up from his seat, grabbing his empty plate and placed it on the sink before swinging his bag on his shoulders then walked to the shoe rack to get his shoes, also preparing Wonyoung's pair.

 

The tall girl clicked her tongue and did the same thing as Wonhyun then walked to the shoe rack, gently putting on her shoes. “We'll be going now!~” She shouted to their housekeepers, not moving until she heard a loud 'Be safe!' from one of them.

 

The Jang siblings silently walked to their huge garage. Wonhyun tossed the familiar car keys to her before wordlessly hopping in to his own car.

 

Wonyoung skipped to her own car with a bright smile, patting the hood of her car before opening it and hopping in. She saw Wonhyun's car driving off to their gate first and followed him after turning the engine and checking the interior briefly.

 

She didn't stop like Wonhyun did and straightly maneuvered the car towards their village's exit and checked the rear mirror if her older brother is following her, and he's just indeed behind her.

 

After a fifteen minutes drive, they reached Wonyoung's school's parking lot. And instantly caught everyone's attention. It's a rare sight to see Wonyoung's white 2019 Porsche 718 Boxster at school plus her older brother's silver Aston Martin Vantage is such an eye-catcher too. She turned off her car's engine when she finally parked it to the vacant space and went out, locking it before walking over to Wonhyun's car.

 

The guy rolled his window down. “Stay away from trouble.” He said, making her growl in annoyance. “Shut up. Drive safely.” She huffed then leaned away from his window, earning a low laugh from him. Wonhyun gave her a teasing wink. “Update me about you and Chaewon~ Ciao.” He immediately rolled up his car window and drove off before Wonyoung could even kick the door and leave a mark.

 

Wonyoung could only sigh, fixing the straps of her bags and nervously walked to the school gates. The students' attentions are still on her, well, she's already used in this kind of attention and just smiled at them, not wanting to be rude.

 

She spotted Yujin and Yuri waiting for her near the gate, and immediately rushed to them. “Yo~” She greeted and Yuri immediately jumped onto her, hugging her tightly. “Awww, you got me worried! I thought you're really sick, you sly bunny.” She sulked, making Wonyoung laugh. The taller then grabbed her bag and took something from it, it's a box of brownies she made yesterday.

 

“Here! A gift since i made you guys worry,” She softly said and turned to Yujin who's boredly picking her nose and harshly tossed the other box with blueberry cupcakes, almost dropping it. “This is my pay for yesterday.” She smugly exclaimed which made Yujin grumble but her eyes lit up with the sight of food. Yuri smiled at her. “Thanks, Wonyo!”  And the three of them started to walk towards the school grounds.

 

Wonyoung is tensed and kept looking around with a panicky expression, making Yujin snort and almost choked on her cupcake. “The Prez is probably at the principal's office, relax~” She said, like it would assure the younger but Wonyoung gave her a hiss instead. Yuri knew about it but she ignored both of them, eating her additional breakfast happily.

 

They reached the classroom peacefully. Before the bell started to ring, Eunbi and Chaeyeon visited their favorite dongsaeng and checked if she's okay and Wonyoung gave them the gifts when they decided to go to their own class.

 

The break time arrives, Hyewon, Minjoo, and Hitomi came to visit her too. They ate their gifts that are from Wonyoung with the trio and went to their own classes after half an hour. Half an hour seeing Minjoo and Yujin being sweet with each other. And after another two boring short classes, lunch time arrived.

 

“I think i wont be going to cafeteria today, heard that today's menu is vegetables.” Yujin announced then shivered, taking a bite from her cookie that Wonyoung gave her. Yuri nodded, taking out her lunchbox from her bag. “My mom prepared me lunch.” She exclaimed which made Yujin look at her with sparkling eyes. “Sweet!”  The oldest among them snatched the box away from the desk when the puppy tried to reach for it then stuck her tongue out. “No, this is mine! I only share my food to Yena-unnie! Bring your own, tss!” She huffed, and flipped her hair sassily, purposely hitting Yujin's face.
 

“Maybe if you confess already, you two would be regularly eating lunch together!” Yujin fired back, crossing her arms, hitting right on the spot, Yuri's hopeless crush on the Student Council Vice President. Yuri hisses at her. “Don't be so cocky! Remember, pup, I'm the one who introduced Minjoo to you!”

 

“Oh my god, that was like eight years ago! And be like me, be confident gay and confess!”

 

“Shut up loser, it took you years before you could even confess to Minjoo.”

 

Wonyoung chuckled, sipping from her orange juice then stopped, remembering something and blushed as she intently stared at the can of juice. The familiar scene from two days ago played on her mind instantly and lightly slapped her cheeks to snap out of it. “Jang Wonyoung, get a grip!” She whispered something.

 

Yujin turned her attention to the younger, resting her chin on her palm with a bored expression, nibbling on her cookie. “Did you said something, Wonyoung?” She asked, crumbs falling out from to Yuri's lunch box. The latter screeches.

 

“Seriously, Ahn Yujin! F U!”

 

“I didnt even do—”

 

“For god's sake, just zip your mouth while eating! The crumbs are falling from your mouth, and its landing on my kimchi! Disgusting!”

 

Wonyoung amusedly watched the two quarrel, trying to hold her laugh when Yuri slapped Yujin's mouth when the puppy tried to open to fire back.

 

She was about to join their stupid quarrel when they heard a knock from the door of the classroom, making them silent in instant, turning their attention on the newcomer.

 

The door opened, revealing the person who knocked and Wonyoung almost fell off from her chair when she saw the familiar orange hair and widened her eyes, her body started to tense too.

 

There stood near the door, Kim Chaewon, the President of the Student Council, Wonyoung's long-time crush— with a soft expression on her face. Her eyes moved and darted towards their spot, and her lips curved up into a meaningful smile when she saw the person she's been looking for since yesterday.

 

Wonyoung and Chaewon shared an intense eye-contact, it even made the younger gulp. It was only brief because Yena suddenly popped out behind Chaewon and ran to Yuri, breaking their eye contact.

 

“Yuriiiii!” She chirped, skipping towards the now blushing hamster. “Y-Yena-unnie! Hi! What're you doing here?” She stammered, trying to calm down at her and her crush's close proximity. The idiotic vice prez of the council dragged a chair besides Yuri and now leaning close to her with a smile.

 

“Oh, i heard that Chaewon is looking for Wonyoung so i tagged along! Knowing you'll be here, hehe.” Her cheeks went warm. And the two soon to be lovebirds are already lost in their own world.

 

Yujin blinked, shifting uncomfortably in her seat as she side-eyed the tensed Wonyoung beside her and watched Chaewon walks towards their direction— more like to Wonyoung! She smiled mischievously and sighed afterwards, wishing that the love of her life, A.K.A, Kim Minjoo was here too so she wouldn't be left out. She silently sat there with interest glint on her playful eyes, excitedly watching the scene unfolds before her.

 

Chaewon halted when she's in front of the person she's been missing for the last two days then tilted her head and crossed her arms, making Wonyoung more tensed as she gave her a pointed look.

 

“Are you avoiding me, Jang Wonyoung?”

 

The said girl flinched at the husky and plain voice of Chaewon, she gulped and stayed mum, bravely (or not) looking back at the Prez. Almost letting out a yelp when Chaewon rose her brow accusingly.

 

“I texted you that night, right? That I'll 'see you tomorrow at school' but seems like you were 'sick', courtesy from Yujin,” She started then squinted her eyes. “But I do not believe it.” 

 

Wonyoung gulped when Chaewon walked closer and even rested her hand on the backrest of her desk, making her jump a bit. The orange head even slightly bent her back and leaned closer to her, but there's still space, but even though with all that space— Wonyoung can feel herself not breathing at all, her heart is racing wildly as she stared at Chaewon's glimmering orbs.

 

“You're avoiding me, huh?” She whispered with a low and sad tone, giving Wonyoung shivers down to her spine.

 

The younger gulped and panicky shook her head, finally finding her voice. “N-No! I'm n-not!” She stammered nervously, not knowing what to say. She suddenly felt guilty avoiding her at all costs.

 

Chaewon amusedly looked at her then sighed, leaning away. “If you're not really avoiding me then meet me at the school garden at 4. See  you there, Jang Wonyoung.” She whispered then looked at Yena who's being fed by Yuri and dragged her out of the class by pulling her ear.

 

When the door was closed, Wonyoung lets out a deep breath and covered her blushing face with her hands, growling when she heard a teasing whistle from Yujin and glared at her.

 

The pup raised her brows up and down into a teasing manner. “Well, thats fast! Thought she's going to interrogate you and stuff.” She barked out a laugh and started to shake the frozen Wonyoung violently. Yuri shrugged and slowly ate her lunch with a pout, sad that her crush left that fast.



 

“Wow, Wonyoung? You and the Prez!?” 

 

The three of them looked behind them and saw their other classmates/friends who witnessed the scene. They were wearing an amused grin and looking at Wonyoung, teasingly. They actually also stayed in the room to do their group work when that happened.

 

Ryujin whistled. “Oooh~” Heejin and Hyunjin also chuckled and started to tease Wonyoung too. The tall girl blushed madly and hissed at them, insisting that it was nothing and screamed when Ryujin and Hyunjin reenacted what they witnessed from earlier. The pink haired girl stood up and walked behind Hyunjin's chair, resting her hand on the backrest and bent down like Chaewon did. Hyunjin then acted shy, covering her face with her palm then squealed before bursting out laughing, all of them found it hilarious, of course, minus Wonyoung who just glared and pouted at them.

 

The classes once again started and she can still hear the snickering from the distance, but she let them and didn't say anything because she's focused on thinking what may happen later and she's daydreaming about Chaewon. For the first time, she got scolded by her teacher for losing focus and spacing out constantly.

 

After some long boring classes, the bell rang, indicating that classes are over. Wonyoung even jumped into her seat in surprise, biting her nails anxiously when she realized that it's already time to meet Chaewon at the garden.

 

“Ahh, I'm seriously going crazy!” She huffed and seems like Yujin heard it. “For Kim Chaewon?” She asked and Wonyoung unconsciously answered. “Yes,” Then sighed, only to freeze when she realized what she had said.

 

She turned to Yujin with horrified expression. The older tried to hold her laugh. “We been knew, sis. Fix your things up and meet her already so you'll be sane.” She shook her head in amusement and stood up to fix her books and bag, leaving Wonyoung groaning in embarrassment.

 

“We'll be heading off first,” Yuri announced as she watched Wonyoung weakly slung her back on her shoulders. Yujin smiled playfully. “Yeah, and you settle things with Chaewon. You brought your wig, yes?” And laughed, earning a smack from Wonyoung.

 

“Oh god, you are not helping me feel at ease! Go home already, shoo!” The youngest shoved her away making Yuri laugh.
 

Yujin rolled her eyes. “Whatever, good luck.” She said before turning around the door, walking at the exit with Yuri. “Let's eat some ice cream and go to PC Bang, let's ask Nako and Sakura if they are free and i'll tag Minjoo with us—” And with that, they disappeared, leaving Wonyoung at the classroom with their other classmates.
 

Wonyoung took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart before she steps out of the classroom, bidding her classmates a goodbye before fully exiting the room and started to walk to the hallway, going to the school garden where Chaewon asked her to meet.
 

She passed through some friends and greeted them, also those admirers of hers, she also greeted them.

 

When she finally reached the empty beautiful garden, she started to feel nervous again, the feel is the same like two days ago as she waited for Chaewon at the streets. She tried to calm herself down by looking at the pretty flowers as she passed through them, walking to the end of the place.

 

There's a small river at the farthest spot in the garden, it's a peaceful place, full of different kinds of trees and Wonyoung purposely sat down under the cherry blossom tree since she found it very endearing. The tree is just near the pathway so Chaewon can see her easily.

 

This place is so peaceful and quiet, perfect place to rest and nap but its not really popular among the students since most of them go to the rooftop or field. Wonyoung often go here with her bestfriends to breathe some fresh air and whenever Yujin and Hyewon wanted to take a nap, they would hold a mini and short picnic here at lunch too.

 

She's enjoying the mild wind and watching the petals and leaves fly against the wind, trying to ignore the irregular beating of her heart.

 

Then she heard gentle steps from the distance, her ears perked up and her heart skipped a beat.


 

“I think I didn't arrived late, no?”

 

That familiar soft yet husky voice and that familiar line.

 

Wonyoung slowly looked behind her, and stood up from her sitting position, gulping down and blushing. Her heart beating loudly and fast that she can feel her chest thumping harshly at the sight of the orange haired.

 

Chaewon stood there at the edge of the pathway, crossing her arms as she intently stared down at Wonyoung with a small smile curved on her lips. Her silky orange hair gently flying to her face.

 

Wonyoung bit down her lower lip because Chaewon looked so beautiful on her uniform, well, Chaewon is already beautiful, the uniform made her more attractive in the tall girl's eyes.

 

“Nope! I just arrived about three minutes earlier.” Wonyoung said when she spared a glance on her watch, then froze a bit when she remembered something. It's the exact line she answered to Chaewon two days ago. And She answered the same question Chaewon asked two days ago.

 

Oh god, the universe is really playing with them.

 

The orange haired chuckled wholeheartedly and walked down towards Wonyoung. And stopped in front of her, tilting her head a bit to meet Wonyoung's eyes. “You looked much better without pretending to be a boy,” She whispered making the taller girl blush.

 

“Erhm…” She awkwardly stuttered, scratching her nape in embarrassment. “I'm really sorry for what we did. It's foolish, I know.” She whispered and hung her head low. Chaewon smiled. “Its nothing. Didn't Wonhyun told you that it's fine? I understand. Seriously.” She said softly.

 

“I still feel guilty…” Wonyoung pouted, and gasped a bit when she felt a warm hand on her reddening cheeks. She looked back at Chaewon who's wearing a serious expression.

 

“Okay, if you feel guilty then lets go and date.” She firmly said, catching Wonyoung off guard at how straightforward she was. She shouldn't be surprised though. “You owe me a date anyway.” She smiled sweetly.

 

Wonyoung blinks, confused. “R-Right now?” She asked hesitatingly. Chaewon nodded. “Yes, right now. Let's go.” She said and moved her hand from her cheek down to her hand, dragging her to the pathway.

 

“W-Wait, lets go to the parking lot, i'm with my car.” Wonyoung stopped her, and Chaewon let go of her hand. She felt her heart fell when their skin contact broke. “So the gossips are real, you really drive.” Chaewon exclaimed, walking beside Wonyoung.
 

The tall girl nodded. “Yeah, I knew how to drive. I fancy cars,” She answered as they reached the parking space. The other students are eyeing them, surprised to see them together but they paid no mind to them and walked towards Wonyoung's car.

 

Chaewon's brow rose when Wonyoung grabbed her keys and opened the expensive and good-looking white car. “Porsche? Oh wow,” She gaped, staring amazingly at the car. Wonyoung blushed. “Its my parents' gift to me when i turned seventeen, I kept pestering them about it since i really want it. They wont let me use it though even if I have a student license since they said i'm too young. Surprised that I fancy this kind of things?” She asked, walking around to the passenger seat, opening the door for Chaewon.

 

The orange head's heart fluttered at the sweet action, Wonyoung is such a gentlewoman, reminds her of opening the door for her when they met two days ago. She carefully hopped into the car, scared that she might scratch something then examined it with sparkling eyes.

 

Then, she suddenly flinched when she felt Wonyoung leaned closer to her to buckle her seatbelt. “There you go.” She exclaimed and looked back at her. They both of them made eye contact, but it didn't last long when Wonyoung squeaked and went away, equally blushing like her as she closed the door.

 

Clearing and calming herself, she waited for Wonyoung to hop in.

 

The taller then also followed inside and buckled her seatbelt before turning on the engine, the car went alive and Wonyoung maneuvered it to the exit. They're still silent and awkward as Wonyoung entered the road, while Chaewon stared at the other with intense gaze.

 

“Any place in mind?” Wonyoung asked and Chaewon snapped back in reality.

 

“A-Ahh, yeah. Are you in the mood for tteokbokki and ice cream, perhaps?” She asked the girl who's driving, and started to space out again as she found Wonyoung very attractive while driving this luxury car. Her left hand wrapped against the steering wheel, while her right hand is resting on the gear lever, eyes intently focused on the road, and her lips are formed into a small pout.

 

She snapped back to reality when the taller girl glanced back at her with a small smile. “That'll be good, I guess. Can you put the address of the place to the GPS?” She asked then her eyes darted back to the busy road again. Chaewon nodded.

 

After putting the address, there's a pregnant silence again. Wonyoung can still feel her heart beating, her crush is just a few inches away from her. Wonyoung knew she had to start a conversation.

 

“How did you know it's me?” She asked out of nowhere with obvious tense on her voice. Chaewon chuckled, she quickly understood the question is about. “When I kept staring at you, i knew there's something off. But when you smiled at me so genuinely and brightly, there's where i realized. I can recognize that smile anywhere. The shape of your eyes are more droopy and Wonhyun's are sharper. And that oh so familiar hazelnut orbs? Oh, I can recognize that very well,” She answered truthfully. “But i played along since i'm enjoying your presence. So, you better be not guilty. I feel sorry to Wonhyun though, but we talked two days ago and he's cool with it. He's actually relieved and supportive of us.” She explained. “Let's just move on from that, we're on a date! Let's talk about other things, just be you.”

 

Wonyoung pouted, and sighed a bit then slowly smiled at Chaewon. Such an angel. “Okay.” She said and after a few minutes, they reached the famous tteokbokki restaurant in Incheon.

 

The car was carefully parked and both of them went out. Wonyoung made sure to lock the car first before going in to the restaurant, ignoring the amazed gazes of the people who's passing by and the people who saw them get out of the car from the restaurant's glass window.

 

“My aunt own this place and I promise, they make good tteokbokki.” Chaewon said as a waitress guided them to the vacant seat at the secluded area, so they can talk and eat peacefully. Both of them sat down to their chairs. “I trust you.” The younger said and chuckled, looking at the menu. “I'll pay for it, so order as many as you want.” Chaewon announced making the taller girl raise her brow at her.

 

“No. I will pay for it, as a sorry—” 

 

“Nope, i can't let you do that. You paid for my food last time, right? Now, let me pay for this.” The orange head argued and winked, Wonyoung pouted and sank on her seat. “But…”

 

Chaewon sighed. “Then you'll pay for our ice cream, sounds good?” She said and the taller girl instantly lit up and nodded. “Yeah, a good deal!” She chirped making Chaewon chuckle at her cute actions. “Just tell me what you want. And we're good to order.”

 

Wonyoung ordered their special tteokbokki and ham sandwich with yogurt as her drink while Chaewon ordered the special tteokbokki, dumplings, fries, and lemon juice.

 

They chatted a bit as they wait for their orders to come, and surprisingly the atmosphere is not awkward and light, they talked and laughed about random things. They even shared their food to one another and would feed each other. It caught Wonyoung off guard when Chaewon offered to feed her fries, but she didn't refuse anyway and just let Chaewon put the fry on while blushing.

 

As much as possible, they avoided to open the topic that happened two days ago, and just enjoyed talking about other things, like some gossip about schools and stuff.

 

Wonyoung is happy, very happy than ever since she finally gotten have the chance to date with Chaewon as herself, not pretending as her older brother, not as Wonhyun but Wonyoung. She didn't hesitate to talk and make some actions and gestures, unlike two days ago, she needed to be more careful and do some actions that her older brother usually do. She's not deepening her voice anymore.

 

After they eat, Chaewon paid for it and decided to go to Wonyoung's favorite ice cream shop.

 

“You have volleyball match next week, right?” Chaewon asked as they entered Wonyoung's Porsche. The taller girl nodded, opening the engine. “Yes, our practice starts tomorrow.” She said then reminded Chaewon to buckle up as she did too.

 

They drove off from the restaurant's parking lot. “I would love to watch you practice.” The orange head said, resting her elbow near the window as she looked at the orange-ish sky, the sun is already going down. “Eh? Ain't you busy?” Wonyoung asked. Chaewon shook her head. “I was actually tasked to check you guys before i go home, looks like I would watch until the end then. I don't mind.”

 

In the end, Wonyoung just agreed and smiled, Chaewon will go anyways even if she said no and insist that it's not just a bother and a waste of time.


 

They reached the ice cream shop in no time. Wonyoung parked the car at the free space near the streets and immediately turned off the engine, unbuckled her seatbelt and hopped out from the car and opened Chaewon's door. The orange head muttered a small and shy 'thanks' and waited Wonyoung to lock the door before going inside together.


 

And they ran in to Wonyoung's friends. Yujin, Sakura, Yuri, Nako, Hitomi, and Minjoo just came out from the shop when they were about to enter. They were all shocked minus Chaewon who gave them a smile and wave.

 

“P-Prez!?” Sakura gasped, shocked at seeing Chaewon and Wonyoung together. The youngest face palmed, knowing they will be teased. “Miyawaki,” The orange head greeted back. “And you guys too, what a luck to meet you guys here.” She added.

 

Minjoo chuckled and nodded. “Didn't expect that Wonyoung will bring you here.” She said and Hitomi gave out a snarky remark. “Too bad were about to go home, we can't entertain you two. Such a bummer.”

 

Chaewon laughed. “Haha, its okay, we can go out soon? All together?” She answered, not knowing what to say. Nako nodded. “Sounds good.” Yujin smirked at the flustered Wonyoung. “Well, we'll leave you guys now. Enjoy y'alls date, lovebirds.” And they immediately ran away from the shop.

 

“They are so embarrassing!” The tall girl huffed, scratching her nape. Chaewon laughed. “It's fun having them around, i guess? I usually go out with Yena only.” She said as they entered the ice cream shop.

 

“What flavour do you want?” Wonyoung asked when they reached the counter, both of them are staring at the menu with sparkling eyes. Chaewon hummed. “Any suggestion?”

 

“Mint Chocolate!” The younger excitedly answered then blushed when she realized how excited and eager she was right there. “Sorry, it's just my fav.” She lowly added making Chaewon chuckle and reach for her cheek, pinching it lightly. “You're so cute. Mint choco it is then.” And Wonyoung ordered two mint chocolate ice cream.

 

“Han River is just near here, right?” Chaewon suddenly asked while they wait for their ice creams. Wonyoung nodded. “Yes, just a few minutes walk? We usually go there whenever we buy ice cream here.” She replied. “Oh, can we go there too?” Chaewon suggested and the younger agreed.

 

After they took their ice creams, they started their short journey to Han River, leaving the car at the parking space since Chaewon prefers walking and enjoying the evening breeze as they eat ice cream and talk.

 

They reached the place in no time, they settled on a vacant bench near the view as they finish their ice creams and they also ate Wonyoung's cookies as they talk and stare at the view.
 

“I really enjoyed this date.” Chaewon suddenly said out of nowhere, making Wonyoung blush instantly and clears . “I enjoyed this date too.” She replied back as they let the cold wind kiss their skin, and stared at the glistening river infront of her.

 

The orange head chuckled. “I enjoyed this than the first one, i mean, i enjoyed it too— but I'm more happy at today's date, probably because you're not wearing wigs and stuffs and pretending as Wonhyun.” She explained then turned to the taller girl with a sweet smile. Wonyoung scratched her nape, grinning like an idiot. “Honestly, me too. Well, our first is memorable still.” She replied. She then closed her eyes and took a lungful of fresh air, feeling satisfied and happy of today's event.

 

She fluttered her eyes open when she felt a weight on her shoulders, her cheeks warming when she saw Chaewon leaning her head while eyes closed and smiling a bit. She looked very contented and peaceful.

 

Wonyoung secretly smiled, burying her face on Chaewon's orange dyed hair, sighing contently when she took a whiff of her minty and vanilla scent. Both of them enjoyed the silence and moment.

 

“Let me ask you, why did you agreed on Wonhyun's idea? I asked him what did you bribed and he answered honestly but i knew there's a deeper reason why, right?” The president of the council questioned, curiosity lingering on her tone and kept her eyes closed. Wonyoung bit her lower lip. Now, she needed to confess— but wait, arent one need to confess to the other one before they date? But looks like their case is the opposite, it doesn't matter to Wonyoung though, she's enjoying it very much and couldn't care less anymore.

 

“Well, I'll be honest then,” She started, feeling shy and nervous, fiddling on her fingers. “I actually have a huge crush on you for two years already but i kept it as a secret, even my friends doesnt know it except for Yujin. So yeah, i agreed thinking this is my only chance to at least spend a day with you, that finally my daydreams when i was in my classes will sort of finally happen. I thought it was my little chance and leave you alone after that, even if it hurts that you'll be dating my brother next time. I thought you're straight, but I'm not bitter about your uality, i'm just… bitter that I have no slightest chance for you to notice me.” Wonyoung truthfully answered, then sighed heavily after finishing the last sentence.

 

Chaewon was surprised that Wonyoung has a crush on her, and two years!? That is so long. She was actually flattered and wanted to smack herself for being dense, but she and Wonyoung aren't close to begin with and rarely talks to each other so she can't tell if she really likes her.

 

But, this might be her lucky day. She felt beyond happy hearing those words from Wonyoung herself. She technically confessed to her.

 

Chaewon smirked, chuckling lightly as she leaned away from Wonyoung's shoulders, facing her fully. The latter's cheeks are still red which Chaewon found it very cute.

 

“Do you wanna know why i agreed meeting and having a date with Wonhyun?” She asked, a hint of playfulness in her tone. Wonyoung gulped, shaking her head. “No. Why?” She's ready for Chaewon's answer, even if it hurts, she needed to accept but, if Chaewon really likes Wonhyun then she wouldn't say she would like to date the younger girl, right? 


 

Chaewon gave her a smug look before leaning back to the backrest of the bench, turning her gaze to the river before answering—


 

“Because i thought that he looks like you. He reminds me of you very much. His smile, it's like yours, but your smile is brighter and it makes me feel giddy every time. His eyes, its like yours but yours are droopy and much beautiful that it makes my heart race.”


 

Wonyoung's jaw dropped. “C-Can you, elaborate it further, p-please? J-Just what are you trying to say… I'm confused?” She gulped, her heart thumping like crazy.


 

Chaewon stood up then started to stretch then glanced at her with a small smile. “I think we can call it a day, yes? Can you drive me home?” So dense.

 

Wonyoung didn't asked anymore and followed Chaewon. They went back to where the car is located, not sparing each other a glance and no one dared to speak. Wonyoung was spacing out on their way to her car, thinking deeply about what Chaewon had said.

 

Because he looked like me? Why? She wanted to date him, because he looked so much like me and he reminded her of me?

 

The thoughts kept bugging her that she's not even on her right mind anymore even if they're already on their way to Chaewon's place.

 

“Oi, are you alright?” Chaewon suddenly asked her making her jump into her seat. “U-Uhh, yea? Just thinking of … something.” Wonyoung answered, and the car came into a halt, the GPS announcing that they had already arrived at their destination which is Chaewon's house. “W-We're here.”

 

The orange haired girl didn't budge on her seat and kept staring at the younger girl, then sighed. “Are you thinking of what I said to you earlier?” She asked slowly with a low voice. Wonyoung pouted. “I—”

 

Chaewon sighed then smiled. “Such a dense baby bunny,” She whispered, shaking her head then grinning ear to ear and very amused. “To summarize it all—” She paused and stared at Wonyoung, straight right to her eyes.

 

“I have a hopeless crush on you too,”


 

Wonyoung blinked once. Not processing.

 

Blinked twice. 50% processing.

 

Blinked thrice. Successfully sunk in her brain.

 

“EH!?” She exclaimed loudly, obviously shocked. Her eyes were wide, jaw dropped.

 

Chaewon chuckled at her reaction, although she saw it coming. “Yes. I'm really saying the truth. I think I developed a tiny crush on you when you kept following me to the alley and watch me feed the cats. Then, perhaps, petty feelings began to bloom when i saw you going to that same alley to feed the same cats at weekends.” She confessed, smiling lightly as she recalled the scene when she was watching Wonyoung feed the cats even though she's still a little afraid to go near them, Chaewon witnessed how Wonyoung tried her best not to be scared and gave them food— and there's where her heart started to beat uncontrollably.

 

She was indenial, she even go to the point that she agreed to date Junho to prove herself that those fluttering feels meant nothing to her. But it didn't work out so she immediately ended things with the senior so she wont give him false hopes. She never tried to approach Wonyoung, she thought that the girl is too good for her and too unreachable, and so, she just kept her feelings down to her heart.

 

Until, Yena tried to bother her about dating apps, out of curiosity Chaewon did check it out and there's where she saw Wonhyun— a guy that looked very much like Wonyoung, she immediately sent him a message and everything went smoothly. Chaewon thought this is the best choice to move on from Wonyoung, dating a person that looks like her— but fate is being an , she realized that it's Wonyoung's brother himself, but she didn't backed out and just went on then all of this s happened.

 

Chaewon will admit, she liked where things were going though.

 

“Hmm, so everything's clear? You like me, i like you. So can we continue this dating thing?” The orange head asked, tilting her head. Wonyoung was taken a back for a second but nodded eagerly. “I-I would love to!”

 

Chaewon smiled and went out of the car, Wonyoung followed after, rushing towards her.
 

Both of them stood infront of each other, smiling and grinning, as they stared at each other lovingly.
 

“I really enjoyed the date. Thank you, not regretting threatening you earlier.” Chaewon spoke up first, holding Wonyoung's hand. The younger smiled. “Me too. Does this means, we're dating now?”

 

Chaewon laughed. “Of course!” She answered. “I should go now inside.” She said and gestured their house. Wonyoung nodded. “A-Ah yea, sure. See you tomorrow then?” She asked with a sweet tone while the orange head firmly nodded as she let go of Wonyoung's hand and instantly, the latter pouted.

 

“Good night, Wonyo.” She whispered, sweet and low, there's a hint of disappointment and sadness too, because she needed to go inside now.

 

The tall girl bit her lower lip to prevent from smiling too much. “Good night, Prez.”

 

Chaewon gave her one last sweet smile before turning her back and walked to open their gate while Wonyoung watched her, waiting for her to go inside before going home.

 

When Chaewon opened their gate and was about to go in, she stopped, making Wonyoung confused since the orange head isn't moving at all. “Chaewon-unn—”

 

Chaewon suddenly turned around and dashed towards her, cupping her cheeks then pulled her slightly downwards so she can reach her face. Wonyoung froze, feeling a soft and warm thing against her lips.

 

That thing is Chaewon's lips.

 

Wonyoung malfunctioned.

 

The kiss was short and lasted for two seconds, just a simple but sweet one.

 

But it made Wonyoung completely broken, her brain can't even process this. She's just like a statue there. It was her first kiss, so it's not surprising that she's very shocked.

 

Chaewon smiled at her after kissing her. “Bye bye! Drive safely~” She said before completely running away, going inside her house after she locked the gate.

 

Wonyoung stood there for a few seconds before she robotically walked to her car, she's probably looking like a tomato right now.

 

Even when she's driving home, she cant help but to squeak and would often caress her lips as she recalled what happened.

 

She entered her own house with the biggest idiotic smile ever. She didn't even noticed Wonhyun on the couch, calling for her.

 

“I assume everything went well?” He asked, smirking as he sat down to the couch, giving her lil sis playful looks. Wonyoung rolled her eyes but she's still smiling and blushing. “You could say that.” She said then was about to go upstairs when her phone beeped, indicating someone messaged her. She lit up instantly at the sight of the person who messaged and immediately opened it. She happily went up to her room, gushing about Chaewon at their group chat until she fell asleep, with a smile on her face.

 

Hope you arrived safely lol you should also sleep early, alright? Can't wait to see you soon tomorrow, Wonyo ♡ Goodnight and dream of me ;)

 



 

Finally phew! After many many months! I finally finished this sequel hahahaha I actually forgot how the original plot flows so whatever~ anyways hope you guys enjoyed this!