part one

pretend

It's just another normal weekend for Wonyoung. She's lazing around her bed, fiddling on her phone as her free hand would pick chips from the bowl and shove it into . She's scrolling through her twitter feed and would also reply to the group chat time to time. It was like that for the past few hours and she's satisfied.

 

 

Not until the door of her room was opened harshly, following by a whine from her older brother as he marched towards her bed and plopped down beside her. Wonyoung rolled her eyes, she knew that her older brother wont barge into her room without a purpose or big reason— she can feel another trouble coming when she darted her gaze to her whining older brother, looking very troubled and stressed.

 

 

With a click of tongue, Wonyoung averted her gaze and turned her attention back on her phone, not interested to be involved at her brother's stupidness— she got enough of it already.

 

 

“Wonhyun-oppa, please, dont involve me at what you are plotting. Just let your little sister be in peace today.” Wonyoung spoke when she sensed that Wonhyun opened his mouth to talk.

 

 

The older pursed his lips, heaving a sigh when his sister caught him. Wonhyun chuckled nervously and scratched his nape awkwardly. “Eyyyy! That is what you really thought when i went here to your room? Cant i visit my lil' sis?” He said, pouting at Wonyoung.

 

 

Rolling her eyes again, the younger hissed at him. “I know you, so shut up. I know you need something from me, and i wont do anything for you. Get out of here. You're bothering me.” She exclaimed, pushing her brother out of the bed with her feet. However, Wonhyun is stubborn as heck.

 

 

He grabbed Wonyoung's legs and locked it with his arms, annoying his little sister with a grin. Wonyoung glared at him, trying to wiggle her legs out of his grasp. “Jang Wonhyun!” She shouted, kicking his brother and trying to escape.

 

 

Wonhyun pouted again, flashing his puppy eyes. “Come on, Youngie. This isnt bad as my last favors.” He said, making his tone softer as if it can make his little sister's heart soften for him. Wonyoung squinted her eyes and kicked Wonhyun again lightly at the abdomen. “I knew it! You need something from me. Visiting my little sister, my ! Go away, you prick! I will tell this to mom!” She yelled, smacking his older brother's back.

 

 

“Please Wonyoungggg~ I need your help badly!” Wonhyun tried again, releasing his sister and kneeled infront her. Wonyoung stared at her brother with a disgusted and weirded out look. Even if the older would cry, she wont help him, she got enough dealing with the troubles of her brother.

 

 

Wonyoung huffed and settled back into her original position from earlier, picking up her cellphone— she opened the blue bird app again and started to scroll again like there's no Wonhyun begging and kneeling infront of her.

 

 

“I will give you mint chocolate ice cream, one pint! As return!” Wonhyun started to offer, and Wonyoung froze. He then smirked because he knew he got his little sister's attention.

 

 

Turning her head to her brother, she squinted her eyes. She exactly knew what is Wonhyun planning, he's targeting her weakness. Even if she's super tempted, she wont give in. Wonyoung scoffed and turned her attention back into her phone, smirking. Wonhyun's smile faded, his plan didnt worked. He should offer more tempting stuffs.

 

 

“I will give you mint choco ice cream, as many as you want and let you drive my car.” He offered again, looking at Wonyoung with a puppy eyes and pouting. The younger froze at the mention of the offer, she then shifted uncomfortably on her bed, obviously tempted and going to give in after a while. Wonhyun knew how much Wonyoung wanted to drive, but their parents wont still allow her since she's too young. He grinned widely and added another bomb to make her fully give in. “I will also give you a brand new phone. The latest model one.” He said, raising his brows.

 

 

Wonyoung turned to him, sulking. She then groaned and sighed as she sat up from her bed. Wonhyun clapped his hands excitedly and sat beside his sister. “So? How that sounds?” He said, wiggling his brows. Wonyoung huffed, flipping her hair. “Fine. But make sure this help you need from me is not absurd!” She hissed, crossing her arms. Wonhyun nodded, crossing his heart. The younger clicked her tongue, staring cockily at her brother. “Okay then. Now, tell me what i'm gonna do.” She asked and Wonhyun smirked, clearing his throat before starting to speak.

 

 

 

 

“You want me to do WHAT!?” Wonyoung exclaimed, very suprised. Her reaction is so priceless, well who wouldnt be shocked with the favor Wonhyun is asking for. “That is insane!” She squeaked, glaring at her brother. Wonhyun sighed. “Calm down. Dont worry, it wont be that hard.” He said, trying to calm his panicking sister down.

 

 

Wonhyun met a girl in a dating app and they clicked instantly. They've been chatting for a while now and decided to meet and have a date which is gonna happen tomorrow but the world is against them, Wonhyun got a last-minute message from his professor that he needed to present his defense tomorrow also and cant go to the date. And here's the thing, Wonhyun had just told her that she needed to dress as a boy, as him and go to the planned date because he cant present himself.

 

 

Wonyoung snorted at him. “Why dont you just tell her you cant go like a normal person? Tss.” She said, getting uninterested at the absurd idea of her brother. She doesnt know either whats going on his brain to think like that, he could just chat the girl and say he cant go because of a last minute defense and just re-schedule it, and voilà.

 

 

Wonhyun sighed again. “I cant. We're both busy and our schedules dont match. It's actually a miracle that we're free tomorrow but Mr. Song just needed to ruin it. You know i hate making people disappoint and sad, Youngie. It was thoroughly planned. Chaewon will be sad.” He said, biting his lower lip. Wonyoung huffed. “Tss. You're always making me disappointed and sad,” She said then realized something. “Her name is Chaewon?” She suddenly remembered her long time crush, the president of student council of her school and senpai Kim Chaewon. Wonyoung cant help but to daydream again. What a funny coincidence.

 

 

The older nodded. “Yeah, her name is Kim Chaewon. She also go to your school and as far as i know, she said she's the president of the student council there. So i cant disappoint!” He revealed making Wonyoung almost choke on her saliva. You've got to be kidding me.

 

 

With wide eyes, she stared at her brother who's also looking at her with confused gaze. “A-Are you sure?” She asked, nervous. Wonhyun nodded confidently, whipping out his phone from his pocket. “I'll show you our convo.” He said, fiddling on his phone and Wonyoung bit her nails.

 

 

What the hell! This is absolutely unfair!

 

 

Wonyoung cant help but to be jealous and sulk. She's been crushing on Chaewon for almost two years now, secretly. Her heart broke a little bit when she realized that her brother would date her crush. But it's not Wonhyun's fault also, it's not like he also knew that his sister got a crush on the girl he met through online. The universe is toying with Wonyoung.

 

 

She first met Chaewon on an orientation of the freshmen, the orange head is already part of the student council that time so they were there, making some motivational speeches at the new students. When Chaewon delivered her encouraging speech, everyone is in awe, especially Wonyoung. But the huge fat crush thingy started when she spotted the president feeding the abandoned animals on some alleyway when Wonyoung's on the way home.

 

 

They both knew each other, but not that close either— just acquaintances. Chaewon knew Wonyoung because the tall girl is their representative in any beauty pageant and also a volleyball player, so if there's an event, Chaewon would drop by to check them and thus, they're aware on each other's prescence. They would also greet each other in the hallways if they would bump there while Chaewon is lurking around with the other student council members and Wonyoung is going to the faculty.

 

 

Wonhyun extended his arm, so Wonyoung can read the conversation. The younger reads it with a pout. It was indeed Chaewon. The way this person replies is so Chaewon. It's so formal yet not boring. They also exchanged selcas once only, fortunately and didnt talked about their personal lives much, they're just texting about what happened on each other's day. Wonyoung also saw the reply of Chaewon regarding about staying up late because of the event that she needed to work on which is the volleyball match, Wonyoung participated on.

 

 

What made her sad is Chaewon is really straight as a ruler. Well, it's not that it's bad but Wonyoung is just bitter. But what suprised her that Chaewon is using dating apps. She doesnt looked like the type, she's also straightforward. As far as Wonyoung can remember, Chaewon only dated once and it was last year. She dated a popular senior, and she can still remember how she whined and sulked for a day when she heard the news. They didnt lasted long though, only for three months and after that, Chaewon didnt dated anyone.

 

 

“Please little sis! Help me out with this one. I kinda like her. If the date would go on well and she wont suspect, then i'm still gonna go for her. If not, then, unlucky me.” He begged, whining like a puppy. Wonyoung closed her eyes, sighing heavily. She will date Chaewon but will date her as Wonhyun, not Wonyoung— but it's a great oppurtunity to be with her. Atleast, she got a chance to be with her for a day.

 

 

Ugh Wonyoung, think!

 

 

“Wont she really suspect?” She asked, mumbling as she hung her head low and massaged her temples. Wonhyun nodded eagerly. “I only sent one selca and it's only my face and hair. We literally got the same face, Wonyoung. You're not that smaller than me too. My voice is just a little deeper and my body is just a little bit toned.” He said. It was true, but it's still a little bit risky.

 

 

Wonyoung lets out another sigh. Hoping she wont regret this after. “Okay. If this plan flopped, you will explain it to her.” She said, and Wonhyun squealed, hugging Wonyoung. The younger groaned, shoving her brother away from her.

 

 

“Thank you really, Wonyoungie! Dont worry, the offer will be yours and i will take care of it.” Wonhyun said, grinning and tossed his phone to Wonyoung. “Read all the messages, she might ask something. Just be smart, and memorize it, okay? I'll just find some clothes for you and wig that almost the same as my hair.” He said, jumping out from the bed and gave Wonyoung a kiss on the forehead before dashing away from her room.

 

 

Wonyoung could only shake her head, scrolling through her brother and Chaewon's messaging, trying not to gag and be jealous.

 

 

 

 

“Holy crap. You really looked like me. It's like you are me. What the hell, this is insane!” Wonhyun exclaimed very suprised as he scanned Wonyoung who's standing infront of him.

 

 

It's already d-day. Wonhyun managed to find a wig that almost the same as his hair. They're currently on the salon of the siblings' friend.

 

 

Eunbi, the stylist looked worriedly at the siblings. “Please dont do anything stupid. I wont ask what are you two gonna do because i know i will be in rage. But please dont be in trouble.” She said, and went up to Wonyoung and fixed the wig.

 

 

“But wow, you're indeed a pretty boy. You're actually more handsome than Wonhyun.” She said and patted Wonyoung's puffing cheeks. Wonhyun narrowed his eyes on the older woman.

 

 

Wonyoung pouted and checked herself on the mirror, she indeed looked exactly like her idiot brother, their resemblance is uncanny.

 

 

“Okay, okay. Lets go now, Youngie. I only have fifteen minutes left.” Wonhyun suddenly blurted out and grabbed her sister's wrist. They thanked Eunbi first before finally going out from the salon.

 

 

Before they hopped in to the car, Wonhyun doubled check first. And after that, they drove off to the meeting place with a speed because the older guy is going to be late.

 

 

When they arrived, Wonyoung felt like throwing up. Her heart started to beat wildly and slowly wanted to back out and started to regret agreeing to this stupid idea. Wonhyun noticed how tensed her sister is and comforted her. “It's too late to back out, sis. Dont worry, just do your best not to get caught, Jang Wonyoung— i mean Wonhyun.” He said, and hugged her. Wonyoung glared at him and huffed before going out of the car.

 

 

She took a deep breath and slowly walked to the sidewalk, then stood there awkwardly. She snorted when she heard the car drove away and instantly, she received a message from Wonhyun's phone. Fortunately its just her brother giving a her good luck. They switched phones, just incase.

 

 

Leaning at the railing, she's obviously panicking and nervous. She then checked the phone, looking at the time— 2:56pm and her brother and Chaewon agreed to meet at 3. She nibbled her lower lip, ruffling her wig in frustration.

 

 

The people passing by were looking at her, and it made Wonyoung a little bit uncomfortable. She's used being stared at but she's cross dressing, she's getting paranoid at her look right now. She hopes the people doesnt find her weird. Then, a group of highschool girls passed by and saw her there, leaning at the rail while looking at the wall and cutely puckering her lips because of boredom and trying to ease the nervousness.

 

 

“Oh my goddddd~” They squealed, making Wonyoung flinch. “Hello! What's your name, handsome?” They ran over to her and started to gush. Wonyoung is alarmed, some highschoolers are circling around her and giving her heart eyes. The girl dressed as a guy panicked. “Uhhhh—” She muttered.

 

 

The highschoolers pouted, and started to bother her again, she just kept quiet and tried her best to ignore them. Eventually after a few minutes, they gave up. They were sulking as they marched away from her. She sighed, relieved, finally they gave up. She opened her brother's phone, it's already exact 3 and instantly, she heard a familiar voice from behind, making her heart skip.

 

 

 

 

 

“Woah, i knew it. You're a girls magnet. I'm amused, Jang Wonhyun.”