Chapter 2

A Last Hope
Please log in to read the full chapter

'' Suzy, have a seat '' The stern voice of her father as he coughed was the first thing that greeted her when she went to his office as soon as she was discharged from the hospital '' I know you're still recovering but i'd like to talk to you about some ... important matters.''

He laid a folder, in front of her. Suzy reached and picked it up from the table as he prompted her to open it.

Her eyes widened and she looked up from  the piece of paper on her hand to the man who's sitting right in front of her.

'' What's the meaning of this, father ? '' She asked '' I'm already engaged to Jaebeom.''

''  I know. Do you think me that heartless to arrange a marriage for you while you're in love with someone else ? '' He chuckled '' I'd like to see you married soon.''

'' Then, what do you want from me ? ''

'' I want you to attend a business meeting, not to marry the CEO...But i might consider him as a potential husband if things don't go well with your current fiancé '' He said as he reached for the glass of water on the coffee table '' I want you to sign this business deal by all means ''

Her father silently stood up and gingerly ushered her out of the room, a hint of excitement evident on his eyes. The moment Suzy was out, she read the name printed on the paper over and over again.

Oh Sehun. Excutive Director of  Q international

She sighed crumpling the paper. Out of all people she had to sign a business deal with her ex-boyfriend.

Oh Sehun glanced at Suzy from across the table, the corners of his mouth tilting upward ever so slightly before his serious expression returned. He dabbed his mouth with a napkin, swallowing the piece of steak he'd been chewing '' A business deal ? ''

Like Suzy, Sehun's major had been business management, he had always wanted to run his own business. He stumbled across Suzy in University, and fell hopelessly in love with her. They helped each other out during their difficult time. At some point he got an offer to continue his studies abroad. Thus, his relationship with Suzy slowly drifted apart.

Suzy nodded '' It will be beneficial for the two of us. I already gave you my terms and now it's up to you.''

'' I haven't done any business with your company before '' He paused '' I think it's time for a change.''

Suzy's expression remained the same, but he could see the glint on triumph in her eyes. Her planning of the dinner has worked to her favor; as she hoped it would '' I would be happy to be business with you.''

'' We can discuss terms after the meal '' Sehun looked at her as he crossed his arms '' That was so cold of you ! How dare you treat me like i'm some stranger that you're forced to sign a business deal with ? '' He frowned '' And what happened to you ? '' He added as he pointed at her injured forehead.

Suzy smiled, the air around them shifting from heavy to light '' I was just being professional but now that we're done i guess i can go back to being casual. How have you been doing Sehun ? ah and about my injury i just had a little accident. I'm starting to get more clumsier lately.''

Sehun shrugged, a small smile flashing on his lips '' Spending the last four years away from home was a torture '' He paused as he looked deeply into her eyes '' I also missed you a lot.''

'' I missed you too. '' She said hesitantly. She was unsure if she talked to him in these two months that she forgot.

'' Your words gave me hope to continue my studies and come back. I'm glad i listened to your advice.'' He said softly '' I heard you got engaged two months ago '' He was pretending to be indifferent, but Suzy could hear the hurt in his tone. His voice was shaky '' Who was it again ? Ah. Yes. Lim Jaebeom, the famous pianist. Congratulations.''

She looked down '' Thank you.''

'' I'm now a married man '' He told her

Her eyes widened '' What ? ''

'' I'm married to my work of course '' He said with a slight teasing tone a mischievous glint momentarily flashing across his features - but it was quick to be replaced with a hearty smile.'' How do you even find the time to date when you have ton of work waiting for you to get it done.''

Suzy chuckled '' You'll soon be able to manage your time.''

'' Jaebeom is a lucky man s

Please log in to read the full chapter