Felix Felicis

Felix Felicis

 

 

Jaejoong never had the slightest bit of interest in quidditch. Every single time he got invited to a quidditch game by his sisters, he would just end up sitting in the corner of the bleachers, cold and alone, swallowed up by his thick robe. He didn't mind the cold that much, it's just that he hated getting his done-up hair all messed up by the wind. He absolutely hated it.

But then the fact that the Gryffindor hottie was playing, he had no choice but to deal with that messy mop of blonde locks on his head. It would've been forgotten the moment Jung Yunho flew to his position anyways.

"Since when have you been interested in quidditch, Kimjae? You've always hated it when we brought you to a game, continuously whining about the hair you spent hours on," his sister, Sooyoung raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Yeah, Jaejoong," Taeyeon nodded in agreement.

"Since Junsu got into the team. I am just being a supportive friend. Now stop talking, I'm trying to focus here," Jaejoong huffed, words muffled by his thick, green knitted scarf, eyes fixed on the quidditch field (more specifically on Yunho).

He was indeed suave and charming, swiftly flying across the playing field, dodging the other players, fully focused on the getting the quaffle into the goal. Jaejoong exhaled, breath quivering as his knuckles turned white from harshly grabbing the hem of his dark grey sweater. He wasn't even paying attention to Junsu at all at this point ("I know he's gonna do well. He is Junsu after all," Jaejoong thought.) He was just so fixated on Yunho's auburn locks flowing in the wind and the way his slender fingers gripped his broom, his forearms looking tanned and veiny.

"You aren't even looking at Junsu. What a liar you are, Kimjae," Taeyeon snickered, playfully hitting the side of his arm with her balled up fist. "You're just looking at the Gryffindor hottie over there."

"Um, no. Don't be ridiculous," he replied nonchalantly, shrugging off their accusations. However, the moment Jaejoong noticed what was happening in the field, back straightened in attention as Yunho got closer and closer and closer-

"GOAL!"

Roars of laughter and loud cheers surrounded them, blaring into their ears as all of the audience that was seated in the bleachers stood up abruptly, clapping vigorously in happiness and excitement.

"You're not even in Gryffindor you dickhead," his petite sister sneered, both gloved hands still preoccupied with applauding while Taeyeon stood at her side, giggling into the knitted scarf of her own.

"I don't have to be. I'm just enjoying the view, noona," Jaejoong smirked.

-------

 

The first time Jaejoong locked eyes with Yunho was during Transfiguration class. The lesson that day was not particularly interesting to him, so he faced the window, head propped against the palm of his hand. Stuck in a daydream, he stared intensely at the fresh-faced first year students at a distance, bubbly and excited to get on the broom and fly for the first time ever.

Jaejoong was startled, hitting his knee below the hard wood desk, when something flew past his line of sight. He finally caught a glance of who it was the more he stared. It was Yunho, helping the year ones, being the best prefect he could be. He continued watching the practice session, unconcerned with what was happening in class. (I'll ask Taeyeon for her notes later. Jaejoong thought.)

He found himself observing every single detail of Jung Yunho. From the way he grips his broom, to the way he encourages his juniors whenever they made a tiny mistake. Even to the way he likes to his lips each time after he finishes a sentence. That was how concentrated Jaejoong was. When Yunho turned back, his heart melted.

His smile. Oh, his smile.

Jaejoong wasn't sure whether or not Yunho knew of his existence after that incident. It didn't matter to him, however. He was content with just looking at him from afar.

-------

It wasn't the first time Yunho had seen Jaejoong sneaking into the Room of Requirements while he was doing his routinely rounds. After-all, a face like Jaejoong's was hard to forget. He had left a really deep impression on Yunho the first time he saw him walking and hovering around in the hallway, softly humming an unfamiliar tune during break. And to notice him constantly staring during the game, brought a wash of satisfaction over Yunho.

He didn't know what exactly, but there was just something about Jaejoong that stood out so significantly from the other students, even though they were all wearing the same dark coloured uniform. Maybe it was his dirty blonde hair framing his feminine face, brows furrowed, full lips curled into a slight pout, always seemingly in a daze. Or maybe it was the fact that the first time Yunho had encountered Jaejoong, he heard his sweet voice echoing around the hallway. The more he saw him, the more interested he got. He vaguely remembers thinking, I really want to make him smile.

So he decided to ask Junsu one day after quidditch practice.

"Hey, Junsu. You said you've been eyeing on that one pair of gloves in Diagon Alley for the longest time right?"

"Uh, yeah? What about it?" he replied as he was trying to dry himself off from all the sweat after a tough day of training.

"What if I said I'll get you those pair of gloves if you do me a favour in retur-"

"Deal!"

Yunho raised his brows in shock. Well, it was a good kind of shock. He didn't think it would be that easy to get Junsu to help. He shrugged and smiled.

"You're best buddies with a certain Kim Jaejoong from Slytherin right? Do you think you can hook us up?" Yunho asked, his voice coated with excitement and optimism. It's hard not to say yes to that amount of enthusiasm he's showing.

"He's just precisely my type and I've noticed him staring at me throughout the whole game the other day."

"Why am I not even surprised," Junsu murmured, eyes rolling at Jaejoong's lack of subtlety.

"So you'd do it?"

Junsu paused and hesitated or a few seconds or two.

"Yeah, sure," he said.

This is gonna be interesting. he thought.

-------

"So I've heard some little birdie told me, and by little bird I mean Sooyoung-noona, that you weren't even paying attention to me during the game," Junsu whispered as he leaned over carefully towards Jaejoong, trying not to get caught. He decided that he did not like getting hit on the back of his head with the book as heavy as a human baby.

"What are you yapping about," Jaejoong replied unconcernedly, seemingly not distracted by Junsu's accusation, the light scratches of his quill on the surface of his notebook, as it constantly jots down the contents of the class.

"I had my utmost faith in you, That's why I didn't even bother glancing your way, since I know you'll do well. That's how much I trust you, Jun-chan."

Junsu huffed, his fingers fiddling with his wand and brows furrowed, staring at his own hovering quill, floating up and down, still unsatisfied with his half-assed response.

"Fine. Do you want his details then, Kimjae? I'm feeling extra nice today so I'm offering."

"Who's he?"

"Don't act dumb. When I flew across you in the field the other day, I saw you staring at Yunho the whole time," Junsu quietly snickered, using his robe to cover a wide smile.

"Even he noticed it. You were just that painfully obvious. Also Sooyoung-noona might have said something about it."

Perked up and alert, his cheeks burning in embarrassment, Jaejoong stopped his quill, eyes glancing around sneakily to check if anyone had heard what Junsu had said.

"What do you mean he noticed it, Kim Junsu," Jaejoong replied, slightly flustered.

"I meant, he approached me the other day after practice and asked me about you. Also, I told him about our choir practice and he insisted on tagging along with me just to see you."

The redness and the heat from the shame spread to his ears as he desperately tried to cover his flushed visage with both his hands, muffling his squeaks, trying not to alert anyone.

"Finish up your and meet me outside you dickhead," Jaejoong whispered, slamming his thick textbook with a glare then proceeded to strut out of class having finished his own note taking.

Junsu snickered as he stared at the swishing fabric of Jaejoong's robe.

"Whipped. The both of them are whipped."

-------

Taeyeon typically likes to spend her free periods and break times in the Room of Requirements. Sitting alone on the mahogany bench, with a book in hand, singing along to whatever that's stuck in her mind that morning during class. Her gentle hums reverberate around the cathedral-like interior of the room. (Until this day, she's still grateful towards Jaejoong for willing the room to be built like a cathedral.) Honestly, she feels more at home with the peace and quiet than the hustle and bustle of the great hall. Although she does occasionally enjoy the company of her friends, mainly watching Junsu teasing the out of Jaejoong for crushing on Yunho.

"Penny for your thoughts, beautiful."

She felt fingers carding through her platinum blonde hair and instantly, she knew who it was. She could always recognize those fingers, but then again, it's mostly that soft wonderful voice that gave it away.

"I was reading. Also waiting for you."

"Well, what were you reading?" Junsu whispered, his fingers still twirling a tiny lock of her golden hair. It always did make her smile, seeing him mindlessly playing with her hair.

"A random book about astrology I found in the library. It caught my eye just sitting on the return pile on the desk, collecting a layer of dust."

"So if you read all of it, will you know for sure if we're compatible or not? Because honestly I think you're the perfect fit for me."

Taeyeon giggled even before he could finish the whole sentence.

"Why are you laughing?" Junsu following up with a few 'eu kyang kyang's of his own.

"I just can't take you seriously when you do that, Jun-chan," she reached over to brush a few strands of stray pink hair away from his face.

"You're early today. Where's Jaejoong by the way? I saw him storming out of class earlier."

"Oh, he's just embarrassed after I told him Yunho's coming to watch us practice in a bit. Well, mainly Jaejoong because he just told me, Jaejoong is exactly his type. Can you actually believe? "

She raised her brows, eyes widening in excitement, a wide grin appearing on her face. Both their carefree laughters echoed in the cathedral.

"Oh my lord, you are such a marvelous wingman!"

Wrapping his arms around her lithe waist, Junsu rested his chin on her shoulders, as if asking her to give him a pet in the head for a job well done. For a brief moment, they were in their own little world, enjoying each others' company. As they heard footsteps approach, they abruptly let go, pretending like nothing had happened and they weren't in love.

"I'll pretend not to see that, but let's start practice shall we?" hurriedly, Jaejoong dropped his heavy textbooks on one of the benches right by the altar.

"I hope I'm not late for the viewing," A deeper voice sounded, shocking everyone in the room. Well, almost everyone. But not Junsu.

He walked over to the new-comer, suavely fist bumped him and proceeded to wrap his arm around his shoulder.

"Hey, guys. Yunho's here."

-------

Week by week, day by day, all of them gradually got used to Yunho just being there, watching them as they sang their hearts out every session. The time spent in the cathedral, listening to their godly voices joined together in a perfect harmony. To Yunho, it was honestly a darn good stress reliever. Every time after quidditch training, he would always look forward to meeting them, especially Jaejoong.

As creepy as it sounds, he loved watching Jaejoong belt out a high note. Whenever he did, it would send a tiny jolt down his spine. Oh, how he loved it.

It was a particularly tough day, Yunho was feeling extremely exhausted and fatigued, after having to train more, since the Inter-house Quidditch Cup is drawing near. Visiting the cathedral couldn't sound like a better idea right then.

He found himself alone in the cathedral, getting no response besides the sounds of his footsteps when he called out for someone. So he sat down by the altar and waited. And waited.

Until he slept.

Yunho was roused from his nap by a light tap on the shoulder and a soft "Yunho, wake up." When he opened his sleep crusted eyes, the first thing he saw was Jaejoong looking right at him. Yunho could see his own reflection in the dark pupils of his eyes, as he stared back intensely.

"You seem exhausted, Yunho. You should go home."

There was a hint of worry in his voice, Yunho noticed. Which was odd because Jaejoong struck him as an icy person, never seeing him smile much. He lowered his gaze, stopping at his tinted pout, glossy and full.

, he cursed to himself. The more he looked at Jaejoong, the more he wanted to lean in and steal a kiss. He cleared his throat, forcing the thought away from his mind.

"I'm okay. I'll be fine after a while."

Yunho stood up from where he laid, stretching away the last remnants of grogginess, his tense muscles relaxed.

"Where's Junsu and Taeyeon?" he asked, curious of their whereabouts.

Jaejoong shrugged and sighed, the pad of his thumb rubbing on the patch of skin between his furrowed brows.

"I don't know where they are. They didn't tell me anything before. I've been waiting for them for a while now and I'm getting impatient," he replied, sounding very annoyed and restless.

Hearing the slight frustration in his voice, Yunho tried to calm him down, his palms resting against the back of his neck.

"Let's wait together then."

As friendly as he is, it was rare for Yunho to actually find someone he was able to comfortably share his true opinions with. And as they spent hours chatting about nothing and everything, Yunho thought, He is really perfect. Jaejoong is perfect.

-------

Jaejoong felt slightly thankful for Junsu and Taeyeon even though they failed to show up the other day for practice. If they did, maybe he wouldn't be as close to Yunho as he'd like to be. Of course he was still angry at them for ditching him without notice. But the fact that Yunho had asked Jaejoong to come watch him play for the Inter-house Cup, makes up for everything.

Jaejoong was dancing in cloud nine.

-------

It wasn't surprising that Yunho, once again, shot the winning goal. He was, after all, the Jung Yunho, team captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Everyone cheered for him, even those not of the same house as him. That was the effect he had on people. He was just that popular.

Celebrations ran late into the evening but crowds had yet to disperse even though it was almost time for lights out. The dining hall was just filled with students, having fun, enjoying their night.

But all Jaejoong could see was Yunho.

Jaejoong had suspected Junsu having something to do with the sudden burst of fearlessness. He wouldn't normally have the courage to just walk up to someone and kiss them straight on the lips (or maybe he had, he just hadn't realized it yet), but it was as if he was under some sort of spell (maybe Taeyeon did this to me with the help of Junsu?) Jaejoong didn't even care.

Not today.

Thank god he didn't push me away. Jaejoong thought to himself, still very much preoccupied with Yunho, snaking his arms around his neck. Yunho's lips were as soft as he had imagined. They were so engulfed in their own embrace, lips touching lips that they didn't even hear the loud cheers and the few catcalls (it's probably Sooyoung-noona or someone else) surrounding them. Being only a few centimeters shorter than Yunho, both their bodies fit together like a puzzle piece, molded perfectly together. He curled his arms around Yunho's neck, deepening the kiss just a tad bit more.

"Go out with me," Yunho said breathlessly as they parted for air, cheeks flushed and pupils dark. His strong muscular arms tightened around Jaejoong's slender waist.

"Please say yes, Kim Jaejoong."

Without any sort of hesitation, Jaejoong replied.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes!"

 

 

end.