Chapter 6

Always Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

Why did Yuri have to appear in my life and ruin everything for me? God, what have I done wrong? 

Jessica saw her doe-eyed friend from a distance when she walked down the hallways. She had no intentions to encounter the young one and immediately turned away to head the opposite direction. Unfortunately, things couldn’t have gotten worse when she heard Yoona call for her name as she vigorously chased her down. 

“Sica! Wait up!” Yoona sprinted towards the Ice Princess. Jessica’s pace began to increase, by all means, to avoid her friend at that very moment. But even so, the fast doe-eyed eventually caught up knowing the latter wouldn’t be able to surpass her attention this time. 

“Sica, please stop avoiding me. Can we talk?” She turned Jessica around to face her. 

With nothing to say and refusing to create eye contact, the blonde held her binder firmly against her chest. “What is there to talk about…?” Jessica mumbled. 

“I know you’re upset because of yesterday, I’m sorry.” Yoona took the latter’s hand into her own but Jessica retrieved her hand back. 

“There’s nothing to be sorry about. She’s obviously my replacement.” The blonde began to walk away but of course, was stopped again. 

“What do you mean by replacement? Are you talking about Yuri? No one could ever replace you, Jessica. You will always be my best friend and you’ll always come first before anyone else.” 

“Before anyone else?” Yoona’s statement made the latter chuckled bitterly. “On the night of the Lantern Festival, I hesitated to bring Yuri along because I was worried you were going to leave me for her. And you know what? That’s exactly what turned out to happen.”

“That night was meant for us to spend time together and instead, it was ruined in just seconds. What’s even worse was that I was the one left out!” The doe-eyed wasn’t taking any enjoyment out from watching her best friend express her pain. Tears slowly ran down the blonde’s cheek. Yoona could only stay silent as she listened to what Jessica had to say next. “Yesterday, we made plans to go to my house but once again, you ditched me for her all of a sudden. I’m not trying to say you aren’t allowed to be with other people, but when it comes down to leaving the friend you’ve known for years for someone who you met for a couple of weeks hurts Yoona…” 

Yoona could only hold her tears for a short measure of time before breaking down to sob with the latter. “I-I’m so sorry Sica… All this time, I didn't understand how much agony I was causing you. I'm genuinely an awful person and an inconsiderate friend.” 

Jessica listened to the doe-eyed choke her words out. “You don’t understand—it hurts more because I…” 

Yoona looked up. “I…” Jessica sighed because she couldn’t confess at this time and place. “Nevermind, let’s end this. I don’t want to cause a huge scene in the middle of the hallways.” 

“I won’t stop unless I know I have your forgiveness. Please, Sica, tell me what I have to do to earn it. I’ll do anything!” Yoona held onto the older girl’s arm and begged. 

The Ice Princess couldn’t bear to see her friend in this condition anymore. She was as yet her Unnie and Jessica adored her beyond a reasonable doubt than anybody could have envisioned, even after the fact Yoona had hurt her. “You don’t have to do anything. Just promise you won’t ever leave me in your life again and I’ll forgive you.” She said in a calm tone. 

“I never had the intention of leaving you, I promise I won’t. No matter what happens through our friendship, I promise.” 

Jessica smiled weakly and wiped the tears off of the latter’s face. “Don’t cry anymore Yoong.” She brought the younger one into her arms. 

Yoona embraced her closest companion tightly and cried much harder in her shoulders. “I’m so sorry—I’m sorry you have a piece of trash as a friend like me.” She continued to whine as Jessica her head. 

“Don’t say that about yourself. It's okay, your Unnie has already forgiven you. Just don’t misbehave and she won’t be mad again.” The Ice Princess smiled and enabled an opportunity to cherish this significant moment. She knew their friendship will always have their highs and lows but that’s what makes a friendship stronger when they can be regained. 



 

-



 

“Who is she?” Yuri’s mother asked while writing down paperwork. 

“She’s my friend from school.” 

Mrs. Kwon faced her daughter who was standing beside her desk. “I allowed you to choose the high school you want to attend, therefore, you have to study well. Remember…” She stood up from her seat. “You’re my only daughter and who I can trust—don’t let me down.” Yuri heard carefully and nodded. 

“That young lady should just remain as a friend and keep this in mind, the person that you’ll be marrying isn’t going to be an ordinary man.” Yuri was profoundly discomforted when her mother stated that last sentence but she couldn’t contend or convey her opinion to that idea. 

“Also, I finished the paperwork. We will have to return to America soon due to business conflicts so please prepar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter