Chapter 4

Perhaps Love

 

“Jinyoung!” I don’t why I hug him as soon as I saw his face.  

“It’s ok, I’m here now”. He caress my back softly, I guess he is trying to calm me down. I don’t know why I didn’t stop him and just let him be, somehow I feel better with his action.

“I was scared” I try to speak out even though I still sobbing very hard.

He hug me and we stay in that position for a little while and as soon as I gained my conscious mind back, I quickly release him and feel embarrassed after that.

“I’m sorry” I quickly wiped my tears and stand up. I feel like my face is burning because I feel embarrass by doing that and I just realized that the lights is already being switch on.

“I’ll send you home.” He said as he also stand up and grab his bag with him.

“No, its ok, I’ll be fine alone”

“I insist. Come on” He grab my left hand without waiting for my reply. He also grab my bag on our way out of the library which I left on one of the table earlier. Thankfully the gate is still open when we arrive at the gate and hurriedly walk out.

“You can release my hand now” I said after we walk out of the school and head towards my house.

“Oh, sorry.” He quickly releases me and then scratch his head. He looks like he is embarrassed by his own action. He hand over my bag to me without looking at me.

“Why were you there? I thought you already left.” I ask him while walking next to him, trying to catch up with his big step.

“Erm.. I had a bad hunch when I walk out that time, that’s why I go back in”. He reply without turning his head to me and keep looking forward.

After hesitating for a little while, I can finally say the word.

“Thank you.”

 He didn’t reply and just nodded his head. Not long after that, we finally reach my home.

“See you tomorrow and rest well” He said before walking away and I stay there until he disappear from my view. That night, I feel like smiling to my sleep. I know that I shouldn’t feeling like this. He’s not even your type Lyne! He didn’t even like you. He just save you today. And it doesn’t mean anything. Remember that. I bet he will turn cold as his usual self as soon as the sun is up.

 

 

The Next Morning

“I’ll be going first mom, dad” I grab my lunch that my mum made before kissing my mom on the cheek and wave my dad who is sitting on the living room. I unexpectedly woke up late this morning, and it’s all because of the stupid dream I had last night. I had a dream where Jinyoung confessed to me and I happily say yes to him. We became a couple and live happily ever after. It such a nuisance dream.

 I hurriedly went outside where Donghae already waiting for me, he sit on the stairs in front of my door.

“Sorry I’m late!” I feel sorry for Donghae for waiting too long for me. He turn his head at me and stand up.

“It’s okay. I just arrived though”

“You’re lying. Mom said you arrive earlier than usual and you didn’t even want to come in”

“Okay~~ I lied. Let’s just go. We are late!” He grab my arm and drag me to the pathway and release it as soon as we stepped on the pathway. I then tell him about yesterday but not the whole story though especially the unpleasant event that happen in the library. I just told him that I manage to find one book only and need his help later to find the other books. He happily agreed to help me and tease me for not accepting his offer yesterday. He looks much better than yesterday, I wonder what exactly happen yesterday that makes him so moody. Anyway, let’s not think about it. Let’s think happy thoughts instead.

We separated as we go to different building. I take my time walking on the hall before reaching my class while listening to my IPod and enjoying the view outside the hall. I didn’t realized that Jinyoung was walking beside me the whole time until we reach the class which he surpass me by entering the class first.

“Did you just arrive or been walking next to me the whole time?” I said after we settle down on our seats.

“Maybe” he said in short. Then, he plug in earphones to his ear and switch on his IPod. I already plugged out my earphones when I arrive on my seat earlier. Looks like he is back to normal. I then take out my notes and as usual, my two friends come to my desk to share new gossip before class and I usually just listened to their stories. Even though, we just known each other for four days but it feels like we’ve known forever. I’m so thankful to have friends like them.

 

 

Break Time

“Lyne! Let’s go get something to eat! I’m hungry” Zien said with pouted lips.

“You guys can go first, I’ll catch up later. I just need to finish this”.

“Alright then, see you at the cafeteria! Don’t be too late okay!” Rien said while dragging Zien away. I just nod to them.

I quickly finish my work and put the book under my desk before grabbing my wallet inside my bag. When I was about to go, I just notice that Jinyoung is still on his desk with his head laying down on the desk and use his arm as a pillow. I was going to ask him if he is ok or not but Donghae calls me from the door which stop me from doing so. I quickly walk towards him.

“Oh, oppa. What’s up? Are you going to cafeteria also?”

“Yup, and I am planning to go there with you”

“Oh..really? That is so sweet Oppa. Let’s go then!” I then drag his arm and he give me a smile as I do that to him. Before I walk further, I manage to turn my head back at the class to see him. He still in the same position. I was worried for him. Weird.

 

 

Afternoon

After the class, as promise, Donghae accompanied me to the library along with my two friends who insisted to come along to help me. It only take few minutes to find the books with three people helping me, to add up, they have been here longer than me so they know how the books is organized, that’s why it is easier for them to find the books. Zien and Rien went home after that while Donghae stay for a while organizing the books.

“Since we finish early, can I play basketball first before we head home?” Donghae asked.

“Yeah sure! I’ve never been there too. Is your friends gonna be there too?”

“I think so. Why? Do you want me to introduce you to them?” He gives me a smirk.

“Oppaaaa~ I just want see you play, that’s all” I give him my shy smile.

“Alright! Let’s go then.”

 

We off to the basketball court right after and I can see from a far, a small number of guys is playing a match 3 by 3 when we arrive there.

 

“Hey Donghae! There you are!” One of his friends approach him.

“Sorry, I couldn’t join today.”

“It’s ok since you are our ace. “ Then the person looks at me. “Who’s this? Your girlfriend?” he saying it with a smirk on his face. He looks like he is trying to flirt with me. Or it’s just my imagination.

“No, it’s not. She is my childhood friend. Chae Lyne, this is Hyukjae. “

“Hi!” I greet him in short.

“Hi! Can I call you Lyne?” He winks.

“Ah.. Yeah sure.” I startled and gives him an awkward smile.

“Stop flirting with my friend. Let’s play!” Donghae grab him by the shoulder to make him away from me.

 

After that, Donghae play with his friends while I sit on the bench watching they play. Donghae really looks cool when he play and he really is good at playing basketball. When we were 5, we used to play basketball together and he is the one who teach me to play. He has the skills since he is young already so it’s not surprising if he could play really well. They play for about an hour and stop after that and all his friends went home after that. He introduce me to all his friends before that and thanks to him, I get to meet new friends just by that.

 

“Wanna play like the old days?” Donghae suddenly ask me as he stand in front of me.

“But I’m not sure if  I still remember how to play it. I haven’t play it for a long time” I show him my worried look.

“It’s okay. I can just teach you again.” He said and give me a wink after that. He gives me a hand to help me stand up.

“Alright then. Let’s do this” I gives him my hand and stand up and walk together to the court.

 

He teach me the basic first and just by that, I got my skills back and we start playing after that. We play for about 30 minutes and the sky starting to get dark which means it’s already past 6 when we stop. We lay on the ground together and just the see the sky while resting our body as we play non-stop earlier. I feel both exhausted and happy at the same time. It such a long time we hadn’t do this. I did some sports back in US but not basketball because I have no one to play with. I have guy friends who play but it’s not fun like I play with Donghae. He is indeed a special person to me. Like a real brother.

Donghae sent me back after resting for a little while in the court and soon after I reach my room, I just throw my things at the floor and throw myself on my bed after that.

“Chae Lyne honey! Don’t go to sleep yet. Get some shower first.” Mom said as she stand in front of door as I let the door opened.

“I know mom. Let me rest for a little while” I mumbled as I let my face buried on the sheet.

“Don’t forget to eat your dinner too, I already heat up the food for you downstairs.”

I didn’t reply him instead I give her a thumbs up without lifting my head. I wish tomorrow is weekend, and I can just sleep in as long as I want. I was planning to wake up after a few minutes resting but the bed feels so comfortable that makes me not wanting to wake up. It’s true, I didn’t wake up after all.

 

 

Next day

While I was writing on my notes, my phone beeps which I put on my desk, I quickly check it and there is a text message from Baro. I give all the members my number that night except to Jinyoung. We make a group chat and talk there once in a while when they are not busy. Baro asks me if I free this Saturday, they will be performing in one’s of the cafe in my neighbourhood and they want to hang out with me after that. I happily reply him that I will be free and will be there to see them. While I was smiling alone on my desk, my friends suddenly appeared out of nowhere and now stand in front of me.

“What are you smiling about? Have you got a boyfriend already?” Zien asks excitedly.

“What?? No! It’s not! Oh..right! Girls~ Are you free this Saturday night?”

“I don’t think so. We’re going to B1A4 show, do you want to come?” Rien reply.

“Ah..I see.” Duh! Of course they know already. They are die hard fan of B1A4. If I tell them that I know them personally, I am sure they will go crazy. I said to myself. “I should come right?” I ask, just to make sure I don’t act suspicious to them.

“Yes! Yes! And Yes! You should come! We promise that we won’t leave you alone again like last time” Rien said with rising his right hand, to show her promise swear.

Only to realize it late, Jinyoung was looking at me the whole time when I was talking with my friends and only after I turn my head to his direction, he divert his head back the front. He sure is weird. Why is he looking at me like that? I questioned myself. During the break, I enjoying my food alone at my favourite place which I just found few days ago because my two friends were meeting with their friends and they left me alone. Again.

I sit down on the same spot and put the food that I just buy on my lap. I enjoy my food while enjoying the beautiful scene in front of me at the same time. I also brought my IPod with me. I take it out and start listening to my favourite song and start to sing with it too.

“The song sounds familiar” a voice interrupted my wonderful scene as the person plug out one side of my earphones off to make me listen to his voice. I turn my head to look at him.

“Jinyoung! What are you doing here?”

“Well..this is my place.“ He answer it casually.

“What do you mean your place?” My forehead crease upon hearing his answer.

“This is my secret spot and you stole it from me” He sit down beside me and grab one of my food from my lap. How dare he stole my food?

“No I’m not. I didn’t know that this place is your secret place” I stutter a bit which shows that I feel a bit guilty and nervous at the same time. I’m not sure since when I feel nervous every time I stay close to him. Maybe after that event.

“Now you know.”

“Yeah.. and I should be going now. Sorry for stealing this place” I quickly pack my things but stop by a hand grabbing my arm to stop from what I am doing.

“It’s okay. You can stay” He casually sit me back, back to my position earlier and grab one of my earphones that he plugged our earlier and put it into his left ear. “One of my favourite song too. “ He said and start hum to the song after that.

Actually the song just become my favourite recently. The song is the first song that I listen when I first time met him at the cafe. And the first time I fall in love with his voice. I do not expect that we could be in this position and just sit down while listening to the music. It’s like a dream come true. And this is one of my dream when I have a boyfriend in the future. It’s totally like a dream.

But the wonderful dream didn’t last long, a flick on my forehead awake me from the dream.

“It’s time to go. The break is over” he stands up and walk away.

Wait. Did I just say dream just now? I was asleep. OMO! How can I sleep in that situation?? Aishh! Pabo!! I smack my own head. I quickly gather my things and run to the classroom.

“Lyne! Where did you go?” Zien said after I settle down on my seat.

“Why?” I ask.

“Here. It’s our cleaning duty timetable” Rien hand me a paper and I take it from her.

“Looks like you are in duty today” Zien said with a pity face.

“Really? Haish… I want to go home early” I whine and they only give me a ‘sorry’ face. They are not helping at all.  

 

After the class, I join my other classmates that got assigned for the cleaning duty. I arrange the tables and chairs while others do other things such as cleaning windows, clean the board. When I arrive at Jinyoung’s table, his bag is still hanging which means he is still in school. I wonder where he went. Aigoo! Lyne ah.. why are you thinking about him now? I get angry to myself.

“Lyne! We’re gonna go now. Please finish it yourselves. Thanks!”

“What? Wait….” They disappear before I can even finish my sentence.

How can I finish this myself? It’s not even half way done. I muttered to myself. While I was angry by myself, Donghae come by to my class.

“Not finish yet?”

“You can go home first Oppa. I’ll be okay going home alone” I continue to clean up and answer him without looking at him.

“You sound piss off, why?”

“No, I’m not. I’m okay oppa. Really..” I finally turn my head to him and give him my assuring smile. I don’t want to trouble him and show him that I actually did piss off to my classmates for leaving me alone cleaning all the mess.

“Alright. Just be careful ok. I’ll be going first” He finally gives up.

“Arasoo Oppa. Don’t worry”

 

I continue doing my work after seeing him left the room. Then, a footstep can be heard again entering the room and I assume it’s Donghae again without looking at the door.

“I said you can go home first Oppa”

“Who is your oppa?” a familiar voice ask me.

I turn my head after listening to the voice. I can easily recognized his voice now because his voice is different than other people. In my opinion.

“Ah.. Jinyoung. You’re still here” I quickly give him an awkward smile. Duh! His bag is still there, of course he still here. What dumb question is that?

“You didn’t answer my question yet” Instead of going to his table, he walk towards me.

“Ah.. I thought you are my friend, Donghae”

“Ah I see. Is he your boyfriend?” He walks more closely to me that makes me to walk backward also to avoid getting nearer to him.

“No, it’s not. He is my childhood friend. Why do you want to know anyway?” I stuttered as his face is near mine.

“Because…” As the gap between our face is almost gone, I quickly close my eyes. I wait for the lips to come but it did not come. I open my eyes back and he flick my forehead again. It’s the second time for today.

“Aww!” I rub at the spot that he flicks.

“That’s what you get for having dirty thoughts”

“I’m not!” I quickly deny it even though I hate to admit that it’s true. My face feels like it’s burning up.

“You left a spot here” He touch the board behind me and show me the dirt. Then he rub it off and walk away to his table and grab his bag before make his way out of the room.  

 

 

 

Message from author:

How was it? Is it interesting? Please give me some thoughts and comments. I would appreciate if you do. Thank you anyway for reading this fanfic. I will try to update it more often as possible.

 

 

Love,

A.