Chapter 02

Better Me

 

 

Jungkook set his foot in a cafe. Today, he and his friends will gather for a reunion.

"Jungkook, here!" Called someone and made Jungkook turned his head and smile. Jungkook approached his friend's desk. His eyes then catches someone who is familiar to him. His heart was pounding while looking at the girl.

The girl was his first crush at school. Or maybe you could say first love?

"Hi, it's been a long time since we met," said Jungkook after seated himself in front of her.

"Yeah, it's been a long time. How's life? Do you have a girlfriend?" The woman teased with a soft laugh that Jungkook missed.

"Not so good after you returned to Thailand and didn't even tell me" Jungkook replied sarcastically.

"You're still the same as before Jungkook-ah, likes to seduce women. You must have a girlfriend already right?" Se replied.

"No you're wrong. I'm not good at seducing anyone. You know that right, Lisa?"

"Whatever, but you are a playboy and your girfriend is a lot. "

"This time ..." Jungkook looked at Lisa's eyes intently "... I don't have a girlfriend with me. "

"Hm?"

"So will you be my girlfriend, Lalisa?" Jungkook leaned in and looked at Lisa's eyes.

Lisa was silent for a while before asking "Are you kidding me?"

"No, I'm serious. Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Alright, it's not that bad to be your girlfriend," Lisa replied and a smile crept on Jungkook's face.

 

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

 

Seohyun and Irene just finished their lunch at a cafe. They are now on the streets but suddenly Irene stops. Irene looked at some direction and Seohyun followed Irene's eyes.

"Seohyun? Is that Jungkook?"

Seohyun turned her head and see Jungkook with a girl at a cafe.

"Is Jungkook cheating on you Seohyun-ah?"

"N..no I don't think so hahaha. Look, there is his friend also ," Seohyun said nervously.

"Yeah. Wana go there?"

"Eoh no. Ah-ah, did you forget you need to prepare the report from Mr. Lee? Let's hurry up and go back to the office." Seohyun held Irene's arm.

"Gosh, yeah !!! I forgot about that. Come on. " Irene said and walked first leaving Seohyun.

Seohyun glanced at Jungkook and the girl. Jungkook was smiling brightly with his shining eyes. It was so different when he's with Seohyun. That smile is the the smile that Jungkook gave to her when they first started dating, which was 2 years ago.

"Maybe it's his friend." Seohyun mumbled and returned to catch up with Irene.

 

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

 

Seohyun just arrived at her desk and looked at her phone..

 

Jungkook ❤️
14.38

Jungkook-ah where are you? Are you busy?

 

Seohyun waited for 5 minutes but there was no reply.

 

"Seo Joohyun! Come with me!" Jimin said in front of his desk which surprised Seohyun.

"B..boss?" Seohyun followed Jimin.

Jimin walked towards the outside of the office. 

"Where are we going boss?" Seohyun walked fast to chase Jimin's pace. Jimin did not answer Seohyun's question and stopped in a car that had been provided.

"Get in." Jimin then talked with the driver for a while leaving Seohyun alone.

Seohyun was confused either to sit in front or behind because Jimin was still talking to the driver. So Seohyun took the initiative to sit behind.

Jimin entered the car and sat in the driver seat. He did not see Seohyun beside him.

"I'm here boss hehehehe" Seohyun said while raising the peace finger.

Jimin looked at the back. "What are you doing there? Do you think I'm your driver? Come here!"

"Y... yes boss. Don't be angry. I didn't know that you want to drive yourself." Seohyun rushed out and came to the front seat.

 

After a few minutes both of them were silent in the car.

 

"Explain it" said Jimin

"Huh? Explain what?" Seohyun asked, confused.

Jimin sighed. "Tell me what you've read about the tender"

"Oh that's it. Alright blah blah blah ......"
(This is Seohyun explaining the tender given by Jimin yesterday)

"Stop! You make my head hurt"

"But you told me....."

"Shut up."

Seohyun closed  and pout. Jimin who saw it just smiled a little.

 

After meeting has ended

 

How can boss explain about the Act23 in the tender? I haven't had the chance to explain it to him yet. Did he just intentionally tell me to read it? To get his revenge on me? Damn you Park Jimin! Good thing you are my boss if not... - Seohyun

 

 

The next day

 

 

Seohyun arrived at her office with a bright smile. Because the weather today is good so her mood is also good.

"Morning Joohyun my twinnn" Seohyun came from behind and hugged Irene.

"Morning too. Your mood is good today?" Irene asked

"Yes, because the weather is good so my mood turn out to be good too hehehehe"

Seohyun then saw a picture of Jungkook and herself in a drawer when she took her belongings.

"I miss you Jungkook-ah" she mumbled and caressed Jungkook's picture.

Should I go to Jungkook's office later?

"Seohyun! In my room now!" Seohyun gasped in surprise at Jimin's words, when he passed in front of her.  She then quickly entered his room. 

"What is it boss?"

"Make me a coffee"

"Huh?"

"Are you deaf? Make me a coffee" Jimin repeated his words.

But that's not my job: '(

"Now!"

"Yes... okay boss"

"Wait Seohyun"

"Don't put too much sugar in it"

"Okay boss"

And since that, Seohyun's mood has been ruined as her boss keep bugging her to do things that didn't make sense.

 

▪️ ▪️▪️

 

"Seohyun go get the Maaryland project document"

"Huh? Where is it boss?"

"It's on the shelf behind you"

 

▪️ ▪️▪️

 

"Seohyun please take this to Mrs. Yang's room at level 10"

"Seohyun make me tea"

"Seohyun, where is the yesterday's document?"

 

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

 

Seohyun sighed as she sat down on her seat.

"Huhh ... luckily you are my boss, if not, I would have pinch you!" Seohyun growled.

"Seohyun-ah fighting!" Irene said, encouraging her friend.

"He bullied me" Said Seohyun pouting. "Oh, it's time to go home. I'll get going first," Seohyun added

"Still early to go home"

"I don't want boss to keep asking me to do his things. " Seohyun hurriedly packed her things and left.

"I'm leaving. Bye!"

 

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

 

At Jeon's Corp

 

"Jungkook?" Seohyun asked in a sulky tone while sitting in front of Jungkook's desk with a pleading face. "We haven't spent time for so long. Come on, let's just have a dinner, okay?" Seohyun puffed her cute cheeks which show her adorable side.

"I'm busy Seohyun. Can't you see?" Said Jungkook while working on his document.

"I know but can't you forget it just for a moment?" Seohyun asked again with a pleading face.

But the handsome man in front of him still didn't care and ignored Seohyun who begged with a face with almost crying.

"Next time. Now can you leave my room?" Jungkook said that sounded a little harsh.

"What?" Seohyun said surprised.

"Get out. I don't want to be disturbed. Don't you understand?" He said firmly.

"What's wrong Jungkook? You have changed lately. Are you starting to to get bored with me?" Seohyun asked while holding back her tears.

"No, it's not like that. Nevermind, go home and rest." replied Jungkook while still busy with his file.

"Alright, I'm leaving" Seohyun sighed and muttered slowly. She then came out of Jungkook's room.

Jungkook glanced at the door of the room for a while then returned to his work.

 

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

 

Please vote and comment thank you 🌼🌸