your starry eyes make us falls in love instantly

opposites attract

Their next morning had started ordinary, with Sana found the other end of the bed already empty as usual (Wonwoo didn't have the heart to disturb her). The sun was already soaring high and proud, and she had to blink several times to adjust to its light.

"Good sleep?" Wonwoo asked, a hand offering a cup of milk to her. Sana had to accept it. Otherwise, Wonwoo would come up with some pregnancy bulls, and Sana decided that it was still too early for that.

Eyeing him from head to toe, Sana admitted she really appreciates the sight displayed in front of her. Wonwoo was wearing an already drenched white t-shirt, Sana is convinced that he finished taking a quick jog. Moreover, with trickles of sweat running down his face. Sana had made a supreme effort for the dirty fantasies to stop roaming in her head.

Because, hell, Wonwoo was illegally hot.

Or it's her pregnancy hormones kicking in, Sana wouldn't know.

"Not really, but still enjoyed it." She put the half-emptied glass on the table, receiving a glare from the overly-protective man beside her. "I'll finish it later! Besides, shouldn't you go to work?"

"My surgery starts at 3, so, no," he declared, as he got up, walking sluggishly towards the bathroom. As much as his legs were killing him, and although he still had a lot of time, he had to take a bath. His soaking wet shirt was starting to make him uncomfortable.

"Where do you think you're going?" Sana's words immediately made Wonwoo halts. Turning around, Sana smiled as she patted the empty space next to her, signalling him to come.

"Sana, I'm freaking drenched. You hate it when I'm wet and smells like ."

"Who cares!" she shouted, apparently didn't give a single care in the world. "And you look freaking hot," she murmured under her breath.

"What?"

"Nothing."

Wonwoo stepped closer and plopped himself on the bed. Smiling ear-to-ear, she found herself already curling up to Wonwoo's arm. He distracted himself by watching the current show, the drama that Sana had been following for the past months--not that she can do anything else than watching TV anyway. It was some sort of medical drama, and it successfully made him get a little bit sentimental. The way they stunningly portrayed the struggle of a doctor's life, but nothing is exaggerated. No wonder Sana enjoyed this so much.

But as he lost deep in thoughts, a soft whimper suddenly slipped from Sana's mouth. She clutched the blanket tight, as if her dear life depended on it. And when a painful frown started creasing her forehead, Wonwoo recognized that something isn't right.

"Sana, you ok there?" Wonwoo asked, and the grip swiftly switched to Wonwoo's arm. She breathed, and breathed, until the sheer pain in her stomach stopped.

"I-I think I j-just had a contraction--OH I JUST HAD A CONTRACTION IM NOT READY!"

Sana swore she could see the slight panic in Wonwoo's facial expression, before changing it to his calm, composed self within a split second. Heck, he even had the time to smacked her hand playfully, before rubbing a circle at the back of her palm. Soothing her.

"Watch your language," he said, before offering a hand to her, which Sana gladly accept. "When the pain starts again, just squeeze my hand, and keep breathing, ok?"

Sana nodded, and her head already discovered its way to the crook of Wonwoo's neck. A tender rub on her stomach from him was all she needed to make her calm again. Not gonna lie, Sana is scared to death right now. She had heard from others, and she knew that the pain was close to unbearable.

When the next wave of pain struck her, she did as Wonwoo told her to--squeezed his hand. "Breathe, Sana," he whispered, gently her hair. He checked the watch, noticing that Sana had 15 minutes interval between the contraction. Still a long way to go, yet Wonwoo wished it will be done sooner, for Sana's sake. It's painful for him to saw Sana like this, and be able to do nothing about it.

When a flow of water coming from her lower area and pooled on their wooden floor, Wonwoo knew it wouldn’t be long until they see their newest addition to the family.

"Wonwoo, I-It hurts, s-so much."

"I know, I'm sorry," he said apologetically, rubbing the swollen belly gently, hoping it will ease the pain she felt. "Let's go see Jihyo, ok?"

 

[][][]

 

Wonwoo entered the room, a phone in his hand. He just called Minhyun for a replacement on today's surgery he was supposed to do in one more hour, and fortunately he was willing to help. Jihyo had been checking on her current state, furrowing her brows as she glanced over her high school best friend, panting from exhaustion.

He placed himself beside Sana, staring at his wife's beautiful features. Her eyes, her beautiful brown eyes that hold so many emotions--Wonwoo never got bored to stares at her deeply. And her pointy nose, Sana loves to brush it across Wonwoo's face when he woke up. It's their morning routine, and he wouldn't trade it with anything else. Lastly, his orbs drifted to her plump lips. The same pair of lips that embraced his perfectly. Wonwoo wished that it will last forever--the kisses, the desire, and the sweet voice that came out from it, he would never forget that.

It felt unfair to him that this beautiful being had to bear such torment alone. If he could take some, or even all of her pain, he would do that in a heartbeat. It had been hours since the first contraction hit, and they both started to get afraid--although they did understand that first labor usually took a lot of time.

Maybe too busy gazing her had made him unaware of Jihyo's movement towards him, now already standing side-to-side. "She still hasn't fully dilated yet," Jihyo said, tapping her colleague's tense shoulder. "Relax, she will be fine. I'll be back in 30."

Jihyo glanced at one of her best friends. It bothered herself to see Sana like this, too. Her lips made its way to Sana's cheek, imitating a gesture Sana really likes to do to her friends--kissing them. She always said it was a form of affection and encouragement, and Jihyo still appreciated it until now--it kinda helped her through her tough days, one kiss on her forehead was all it took to make her day.

"You can do this, Sattang," she whispered, before taking steps towards the door, leaving.

Sana once again grimacing in pain, eyes closed shut, and teeth gritted as she struggled to endure the ache on her lower area. Droplets of sweat started to form on her profile. It really drained all of her energy.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, earning a weak chortle from her. A faint smile was visible on her pale face. "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

Sana punched his hand. “Of course I’m not, this baby really breaking my bones one by one."

“I’m sorry I can’t do anything,” he exhaled, holding her palm, kissing it lightly. “It really hurts me to see you in pain like this.”

Sana traced her finger on Wonwoo’s face, a glint of worry and exhaustion was present on it. “Hey, it’s fine. You’re here, and that’s all I need.”

“It will be worth it, right?”

“It will be,” Sana exhaled. “But I swear this will be the last time.”

Wonwoo let out a cackle. “Deal.”

Pulling Sana closer to him, she rested her head on Wonwoo’s shoulder. Listening to his humming, Sana sighed in content. In spite of the occasional pressure she felt on her stomach, and the tight squeezes she gave on Wonwoo’s hand (she is sure it will leave a mark there), Sana wouldn’t care less.

Wonwoo is here, with her. That’s all that matters.

 

[][][]

 

Jihyo came 10 minutes late than she promised (a new patient just admitted and she had to check on her). The interval had gotten shorter, now it’s only three minutes apart, Sana sure it’s the time.

Jihyo took a glance at Wonwoo, nodding her head. She’s ready.

“Sana, on my command, start to push, ok?” Jihyo instructed.

And the rest was just a blur for him, he did remember the screaming Sana lets out, the strong grip on his hand that he believed had made his fingers slightly dislocated, the words of motivation he whispered to her, and the never-ending kisses he gave to her temple.

Sana gasping for breath. She is drained, a little part of her wanted to just give up already. But she knows she can’t. “I can already see the head, one more push and you’re done. Are you ready?” Jihyo asked.

 

Sana shook her head. “No. But it.”

Wonwoo giggled, before giving her a peck on the lips. “You can do this, I’m so proud of you.”

She inhaled, storing big breaths in her lungs. Preparing for the last push. The last, she realized, and faintly smile. She can’t still accept the fact that after this, their child will be born. So when the next—and hopefully last—contraction hit, she shrieked, pushing as hard as she can.

She heard a shrilling cry.

She didn’t feel pain anymore.

And when she took a peek at Wonwoo, he froze.

“Congratulations, it’s a boy!” Jihyo yelled, bringing the already wrapped in blanket baby boy onto her chest. “He’s very healthy, and beautiful too,” Jihyo ensured them. Sana cradled his tiny body, feeling him slightly wriggling in her embrace. Sana beamed, she couldn’t help with the tears forming in her eyes, threatening to escape.

It’s their child. Their son.

Wonwoo kissed her long, deeply, and full of love. “Thank you, babe, god, I love you so much,” he mumbled. Sana started to sniffles, the emotions were overwhelming for her.

“If you need anything, call me, ok?” Jihyo hi-

Wonwoo rubbed the baby’s head mildly, grinning as he moved his head, maybe feeling weird of the new gesture. Sana tilted her head, take a glimpse of him who seems to be very engrossed with the baby. Sana smiled, as she nudged his hand.

“What would you name him?”

Wonwoo stared deep into his sparkling eyes, like a constellation of stars, and Wonwoo can tell that he fell in love with him instantly. “Woojin. Jeon Woojin.”

Sana nodded at the given name; simple, yet beautiful. “Welcome to the world, Woojin-ah,” Sana stated, touching his tiny little nose, laughing at the curious stare he gave.

Wonwoo took a few steps back, as he admired the view. Sana’s vision is glued to Woojin, as she continuously kisses him—Wonwoo chortled, the baby sure will get all of her love. It’s crazy, if he thought about it. The fact that now, their life had changed. It’s three of them against the world now, with their little bundle of joy.

He walked closer giving her a peck on her temple, then to her nose, cheek, and lastly, her lips. “I love you so much, Sana. Words really can’t describe how much I love you.”

The soothing silence between the two lovebirds didn’t last long as Woojin started to bawl, earning a playful laugh from his parent. “We love you too, Woojin-ah, more than anything in this entire universe,” she mumbled, before she fed him for the first time, placing him in front of her chest.

They are now perfect.

 

[][][][][]