of late night dinner and conversations

opposites attract

It had been a pretty rough day for Wonwoo. Earlier, patients were arriving nonstop, and Wonwoo was pretty overwhelmed with that. And to top all of that, Wonwoo had to cover his colleague's night shift, forcing him to come home late.
 

So, with messy hair and a disheveled shirt, he parked his car and stepped out of it. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he walked towards the front door--finally, he’s home.
 

"I'm home," Wonwoo said while opening the door, hearing no response. He had assumed that Sana already fell asleep, knowing how late it is already. He silently cursed himself for it--and something about supposedly giving the night shift to the residents instead along the line.
 

But a soft sound of footsteps that Wonwoo heard, making him convinced that another human in this house was not yet asleep.
 

"Wonwoo-ya!" Sana exclaimed, clumsily walking towards him--and with a belly that big, it sure wasn't easy. Wonwoo walked towards her, guiding her way to the sofa. "Be careful," Wonwoo said, lightly her swollen belly. It had been nine months, meaning that the baby could be here literally anytime.
 

And both of them can't wait for that.
 

Wonwoo smiled and kissed her forehead softly. "What took you so long?" Sana pouted, and Wonwoo swore to all the Gods that she is the cutest human being on earth. "Sorry, I had to cover Mingyu's night shift. You know he's on honeymoon with Tzuyu, right?"
 

The latter briefly nodded, before she looked at him once again. "But you have a lot of residents!"
 

"Yeah, I kinda forgot about that," Wonwoo sheepishly smiled, while Sana playfully slapped his hand, mouthing an 'idiot' to him.
 

"Did you already eat?" Sana immediately shifted her gaze other direction--anywhere, but Wonwoo's eyes. "Yeah, about that--"
 

"You haven't eaten yet?" Wonwoo frowned, looking at Sana who scratched the back of her head now (Wonwoo knew it's her reflect if someone finds out she did something wrong).
 

"Well... I haven't. But I already ate a ton of biscuits, and that should be enough, right?"
 

The soft gaze Wonwoo had suddenly turned into a 'deadly' stare. His sharp eyes are making Sana a little bit intimidated--that's why Sana kept avoiding her gaze from him.
 

"Sana."
 

"Okay, okay! I wasn't in the mood to eat lately," Sana blurted, earning a questioning look from him. "It makes me sick. Plus, I look so fat now."
 

Wonwoo's lips slowly turned to a huge smile. His hand made its way to the top of her head, ruffling the hair until it got messy. "God, you're so silly."
 

Sana rested her head on Wonwoo's broad shoulder, and Wonwoo's hand sneaked to her back, slightly massaging the sore area. "I don't care if you're fat. You know why?"
 

"Because you have our baby in you. Because you did a great job of protecting him. So if I'm okay with it, why don't you?"
 

Sana couldn't help but snort hearing Wonwoo's words. It was uncommon for him to say something as cheesy as that. "Since when did you talk like that?"
 

Wonwoo shrugged. "Maybe I am cheesy after all."
 

"You have to eat no matter what," Wonwoo grabbed his pocket, took out his phone, and gave it to Sana. "So let's order something."
 

"I want chicken!"
 

 

[][][]


 

A ringing bell disturbing both of them from their cuddling session, with Sana pushed Wonwoo off her. "Take it," she commanded.
 

Wonwoo looked at the delivery guy in shock. Sana really ordered a lot—it’s like there were five of them. After thanking the guy and properly closed the door, Wonwoo returned, as he furrowed his brows and walked closer.
 

“Did you order all of this?” He lifts his arms, showing two bags full, containing fried chicken, fries, and cola--since when she even likes cola?! “You have to finish it all you know?”
 

Sana innocently nodded, snatching it from him. "It's all mine!" Sana smiled widely, and Wonwoo just glad she already forgot about the drama earlier, returning back to her old self.
 

So here's their position now; Sana and Wonwoo are sitting side-to-side on the sofa, with boxes of chicken places in front of them. The living room has become their temporary bedroom since Sana can't go upstairs anymore (luckily for them, the sofa can transform into a bed--not big, but comfortable enough).
 

"How's work?" Sana asked, attempting to start a conversation with Wonwoo. "Exhausting, please don't talk about it," Wonwoo replied shortly. "You?"
 

"As usual," Sana shrugged, continue eating the remaining chicken wings. "Bored as hell, and I feel like my back is going to break in any minute."
 

"But aside from that, I'm perfectly fine!"
 

"You haven't felt any pain on your stomach?" Wonwoo then proceeded his hand to her stomach, as he felt a slight movement here and there. He smiled so wide, knowing that the baby is perfectly healthy and active in her.
 

"Not yet, I guess."
 

Ever since the start of her third trimester, Wonwoo had been at the corner of her eye for twenty-four hours, seven days a week, nonstop. Which was a good thing, Sana had to admit. But at some point, making Sana a little fed-up with all the babbles he spurted out. Not to mention the way Wonwoo treated her as if she was badly sick.
 

Maybe having a doctor as her husband had its own pros and cons.
 

"Sure? I mean, it's normal if you have had some contractions now, considering--"
 

"I'm hundred percent sure, Mr. Doctor," Sana answered, emphasizing the last word. "When the baby decides to come out--and it will come, you'll be the first person to know."
 

She pushed the nearly finished box of chicken wings to his sight. "Enjoy your dinner before I changed my mind and finish all of that delicious chicken, please."
 

 

[][][]


 

The chicken had long vanished, and the not-so-fizzy cola remained untouched by Sana—Wonwoo had known it's just one of her many cravings.
 

He already tugged himself in the thick blanket, eyes nearly closed due to fatigue (don't tell Sana, but he almost fainted after performing major surgery earlier).
 

"YAH! Don't sleep yet!"
 

Wonwoo jolted, his entire body shivering slightly. He turned aside, finding a sulky Sana staring at him. "Sana, sleep. It's late."
 

"I don't want to!"

Wonwoo groaned. The weight on his eyes disappeared--which he deeply regretted because his body badly needs some rest. He sensed a sudden, abrupt shift on the other side of the bed. And in no time, Sana’s head found its way to rest on his chest.
 

"Ten minutes, then I'll sleep." Wonwoo was half way through to refuse that offer, but Sana cut him. "It might be the last time we're alone, just the two of us."
 

"Please?"
 

It only took one glance at her for Wonwoo to agree. "God, you're like a kid."
 

"But you love it, right?"
 

Wonwoo didn't deny it. "I do, very much."
 

They smiled lovingly at each other, exactly like a lovestruck teenager they were years ago. He kissed her forehead long, his lips lingered on the softness of her skin. Wonwoo pulled himself back, giving a peck on her lips as a finishing. Sana giggled.
 

"I was thinking about a particular saying lately, that opposites do attract." Sana started to talk. She earned his attention in no time. "When Jihyo introduced you, I was scared to even look at you. I thought you were some ex-criminal or some like that--"
 

"Ok, stop," Wonwoo chuckled lowly. "Now you're exaggerating things."
 

"But it's true!" She exclaimed. "You know you used to be too quiet for my liking."
 

"And you talk too much it literally pains my ear."
 

"See, that's what I mean! We're the complete opposite!" Sana snorted before she let herself hearing the steady heartbeat of his--she had heard it so many times, yet she never got used to it. The way it can calm her right away. "I guess opposites do attract."
 

Wonwoo smiled, a scent of candy drifted in his nose coming from her soft hair. As he eyed at the swollen belly down there, Wonwoo thought about how lucky that they're both total opposite of each other.
 

"We're so lucky, then."
 

And he was sure that Sana didn’t hear that, because a soft snore had escaped her lips, meaning she was already in deep slumber.
 

He kissed Sana one more time--just a soft peck on the lips, but full with love. "You have no idea how much I love you, Jeon Sana."
 

And he finally closed his eyes, excited for the future that awaited both of them.