When Dogs Learn New Tricks

I Fall in Love With A.... Dog??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay what’s wrong with you?” Yuri asked Minjoo who was munching her snacks at the kitchen stool. She was enjoying her evening snacks while reading her favorite novel when Yuri came and sat beside her.

 

“What’s wrong with me?” Minjoo glanced at her roommate then continued reading her novel.

 

“You’re not seriously thinking i’m that stupid to not realize something happened between you two right? I know you kicked her out from your room last night. I have to give her my spare blanket and pillow since she refused to sleep in my room.”

 

“And who do you mean by us two?” Minjoo answered nonchalantly still reading her novel and ate her snacks.

 

“Seriously Kim Minjoo. Stop acting stupid. I know you understand whom i mean. Or should i ask Yujin personally?”

 

By the mention of Yujin name Minjoo looked at Yuri abruptly made the hamster girl shocked and almost fell down from her chair.

 

“Don’t. You. Dare. Asking. Her.” Minjoo glared threateningly.

 

Yuri snorted at how drastically Minjoo changed. It amused her how Yujin name really had an impact on the girl.

 

“Okay i won’t. So now tell me what happened between you two. Even the super dense Yena will notice something wrong with you two. So what makes you avoiding the poor puppy?”

 

“Wha- I am not avoiding her. What makes you think so?”

 

“Seriously?” Yuri scoffed. “You have been running away from Yujin like she is some kind of a deathly plague. And yet that puppy has been tailing you anywhere you go but you still ignore her. Do you even realize she’s been waiting for you there since hours ago? She keeps hugging her plushie with that sad face. Even i feel sorry for her when i don’t understand what happened.”

 

Yuri nodded toward the living room in front of them where they could see Yujin was peeking from behind the sofa backrest. She did turn on the tv in front of her but she kept looking back at Minjoo. Yuri was sure she watched Minjoo more than the abandoned tv.

 

When Minjoo looked at where Yuri pointed, she saw how Yujin jumped a little, didn’t expect Minjoo would look at her and turned around immediately. She sat on the sofa, pretended like she was playing with her plushie but still took glances once in a while. Minjoo smiled a bit at how cute the said puppy trying not to get caught staring at her. But then she suddenly blushed when last night event replayed inside her mind. Her mind then interrupted by Yuri remark.

 

“Aw.. Look at her. Don’t you think she is so cute peeking on you now and then? She really can’t be separated from you. She didn’t even dare to complain when you’re avoiding her like this. I won’t think twice to be with her if i’m not with Yena.”

 

“Just wait until Yena unnie heard what you just said. Her beak will protrude more and she will become a grumpy duck for days.”

 

Yuri just shrugged and raised her eyebrows. “Then make sure she won’t find out.”

 

“So.. I’ll ask you once again. What’s with you two? Especially you distancing yourself with our innocent puppy? Sorry i’m not easily distracted.” Yuri smirked.

 

Minjoo grumbled. “Like wise she is innocent.” She mumbled lowly but still heard by Yuri.

 

“From what i see she is. Or you might know something that i don’t know? Something that makes you avoiding her hmm...” Yuri rested her head on her palm and leaned closer.

 

Minjoo kept quiet and suddenly she blushed madly. She tried to hide it by looking aside but of course it was all in vain when Yuri talked again.

 

“Okay something really did happen between you two last night. So tell me now what happened.”

 

Minjoo looked at Yuri for some seconds then sighed. “Fine. I’ll tell you. But promise me you won’t tell anyone, even Yena.”

 

“Yeah yeah. Now quickly tell me what happened.”

 

 

-Flashback-

 

After Minjoo dragged Yujin into her room she put all her shopping bag beside her bed and told Yujin to wait. She took something and hid it behind her back.

 

“I bought something for you.” She smiled at Yujin. Yujin looked at Minjoo full of anticipation.

 

“Tadaaa!” Minjoo held out a puppy plushie toward Yujin. “Isn’t it cute? It looks like you. When i saw this i remembered you right away.”

 

Yujin took the plushie while smiling really widely. She then hugged the plushie and kissed it.

 

“You like it?” Yujin nodded vigorously.

 

Minjoo giggled and patted Yujin lightly. “I’m happy you like my little gift. Play with this plushie when i’m away okay?”

 

Yujin nodded then suddenly she pounced at Minjoo and hugged her. They fell down to the bed. Lucky them there was bed behind if not Minjoo would get bruises or might crack some bones at worse.

 

“Ough..”

 

“Easy Yujin..” Minjoo chuckled. She hugged Yujin and patting her back.

 

Suddenly Yujin got up, still hovering above Minjoo and looked straight into her eyes. Minjoo stopped smiling and gulped. She was trapped, Yujin’s hands on her left and right. Suddenly it was like her mind just went blank and her voice just wouldn’t come out.

 

Minjoo gasped and closed her eyes tightly when Yujin came closer and the gap between them was decreasing slowly until she felt something soft landed on her lips. She was taken aback for sure but somehow she couldn’t pushed Yujin away. And somehow she kinda liked the feeling.

 

It lasted for some seconds until Yujin got up still hovering above Minjoo, all smiling innocently but not forget to end it with a on Minjoo’s lips. This action triggered her. It made her a blushing mess right now.

 

Even if it was purely just an innocent kiss.. and .. but it was still mind blowing for Minjoo who never expected something like this before.

 

And moreover why the hell she felt really nervous suddenly? Minjoo thought so.

 

“Yu-yujin..”

 

Minjoo pushed Yujin away from her and ran out from the scene leaving confused Yujin all alone.

 

And since last night Minjoo just didn’t know what to do in front of Yujin except for blushing madly and ran off somewhere.

 

 

 

“Wow.” Was all Yuri could say.

 

“It was indeed wow. I’m not overreacting right? I can’t even face her without blushing now.” Minjoo hid her face with her palms.

 

“But you still shouldn’t have avoiding her. I’m sure she is so confused right now. She is not accustomed with this kind of things. Just look at how sad she is. I even can imagine her imaginary dog’s ears and tail drop.”

 

“I know. I’m kinda feel guilty too but what must i do Yuri ah. It keeps replaying on my mind whenever i see her. Where the heck does she get the idea to do that by the way? I think i need to limit her watching too many dramas.” Minjoo touched her lips and blushed.

 

Yuri almost choked hearing what Minjoo said. But luckily she managed to keep her composure. “Maybe what she did yesterday was some kind of her way to show... hmm.. gratefulness. Like you know how much you help her. She must be thankful to you.” Yuri said so even though she knew for sure what made Yujin did so.

 

‘You’re so dead Choi Yena. So this is what you call a plan. Minjoo won’t like it when she finds out.’

 

 

“Hello everyone! The great Choi Yena is here!! I know you all miss me! Hey buddy! What’s up!” Yena greeted Yujin who was still peeking at Minjoo just to be greeted back with a growl and a ready to attack stance.

 

“Woah woah woah.. Why do i feel she wants to kill me again?” Yena looked at Yuri and Minjoo in a defensive mode.

 

‘You’ll die. Just run away from here.’ Yuri mouthed.

 

“Huh?” Yena tilted her head. She did always bad with mouth reading.

 

‘Run away. Your plan failed.’ Yuri mouthed again.

 

But before Yena could interpreted what Yuri told her Yujin was already jumped and pounced at her. And for the second time she felt how hurt it was to be pushed and fell down hard on the floor.

 

“Oh my god Yujin!”

 

“Yena!”

 

Minjoo and Yuri shrieked at the same time and ran to the rescue right away.

 

“He-help! St-stop it Yujin! What did i do wrong?! We were bestie just last night. How fast can you change your mind.”

 

“Stop it Yujin. What’s wrong with you suddenly attacking Yena like this?” Minjoo grabbed her arm and pulled Yujin away from Yena.

 

“You okay?” Yuri got down and help Yena stood up.

 

“What happened? Why does she attack me?” Yena asked her girlfriend quietly.

 

“Minjoo turns out avoiding Yujin because of things you told her.” Yuri whispered.

 

Yena gasped. She didn’t expect her plan would backfire. And of course she didn’t calculate she will become a duck hunting victim if her plan failed.

 

“Stop it Yujin. I thought we already talk about this. No more duck hunting in this house. What makes you suddenly get so work up for?”

 

Minjoo was too overwhelmed in stopping Yujin pouncing at Yena that she completely forgot about her blushing problem. She hugged Yujin’s waist from behind since Yujin kept trying to attack Yena. It was so hard to keep her away from Yena since Yujin was really strong and her bigger posture just made it even worse. Seeing there was no stopping sign from the puppy Minjoo started to lose her temper.

 

“Yujin!” Minjoo shouted.

 

Yujin stopped right away. She never heard Minjoo shouted this loud except when she thought Yujin ruined her project. Ever since then she knew when Minjoo raised her voice that meant she was angry and that was the last thing Yujin wanted. One time seeing Minjoo mad at her was enough and she didn’t need the second time.

 

Yujin looked down and turned around slowly to look at Minjoo. Her eyes already got wet with tears ready to pour out and she let out quiet whimpers.

 

Minjoo uncrossed her arms right away when she saw how vulnerable Yujin was. She really couldn’t get mad at her puppy especially after she knew what happened once when she did.

 

“I’m not mad at you okay? I just want you to stop.” Minjoo pulled the crying puppy into a hug and patted her back lightly. “I’m sorry for startling you again. I just want to stop you yet you seemed not going to stop any sooner. So i don’t have other choice. I’m sorry..”

 

Minjoo backed away slowly and put her hand on Yujin’s head.

 

“Stop crying okay?”

 

Yujin nodded and swiped her tears with the back of her hands.

 

“Good girl.” Minjoo Yujin’s head.

 

“Promise me you won’t attack Yena ever again.” Minjoo held out her pinky and also took Yujin hand to seal the deal.

 

“You already pinky promise me so you better not to break it or else i will be really angry.”

 

Yujin nodded again and looked up at Minjoo in the eyes. She showed her determined face like wanting to tell Minjoo not to worry about it. But turned out this gesture was a wrong move as right after their eyes met Minjoo couldn’t help but shifted her eyes at Yujin‘s lips and the memories of last night came back to her.

 

She gasped then touched her lips and her face flushed red instantly. And without everyone realize it Minjoo already gone, ran away into her own room and didn’t forget to also lock the door.

 

”Seems like you will sleep outside again Yujin ah.” Yuri said, broke the silence.

 

Yujin who was still taken aback just stood still looking at the door with mouth slightly opened. Of course she didn’t understand what did she do wrong. Why Minjoo suddenly ran away like that. Why couldn’t she sleep with Minjoo for two nights straight. It was all just unfair to her. But there was one thing she kinda knew for sure. It was all started after she did what Yena told her to do last night. Even though she didn’t understand what so wrong with it but Minjoo found it wrong and she didn’t like it at all. She wouldn’t avoiding her like this if she liked it, of course. And all she wanted to do now was just kill the duck but she couldn’t as she had promised Minjoo. So Yujin looked at Yena and gave her a super deathly glare with also a threatening low growl and ended it with turned away then sat down at the corner of the living room, hugging her knees and her dog plushie.

 

 

Seeing this Yuri dragged Yena into her room to interrogate her.

 

“Now tell me what you told Yujin yesterday.”

 

Even though for Yena angry Yuri was cute because she looked like an angry hamster but she knew she would die if she messed up now. So better just follow what Yuri said for now.

 

“I just taught her how to get Minjoo’s attention anytime, anywhere, even when she’s working.”

 

“Elaborate please. Tell me everything you told Yujin yesterday.” Yuri crossed her arms, glaring like a cute angry hamster she was.

 

“Okay okay..” And so Yena started her story telling about her chit chat time with Yujin yesterday.

 

 

 

“You literally taught her how to court Minjoo!”

 

Yena smiled sheepishly. “Yes i am. Isn’t that a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter