II.

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé is playing with her fidget cube but she can't seem to relax. She just received an email from their university notifying her of their college reunion.

Great timing.


She's been in Australia for the past 5 years. She came after graduating in college.


No. I did not even go to the graduation ceremony.

She smiled bitterly.

Should I go there or not?


"Park Chaeyoung! My partner in crime, my bestfriend, my fan, my one and only supporter!"

"What now, Lisa?"


"Woah. What's with that hostility?"

Chaeyoung pouted and ducked her head on her office table. She and Lisa work as accountants on a huge accounting firm in Melbourne. Just yesterday, they were given a memo that they will be transferred on their branch in Seoul. It was a new branch and needed supervision that's why they were chosen. They will transfer in 2 weeks, and Chaeyoung's college reunion will be in a week. The thing is, their flight is scheduled tomorrow so there is no way that Chaeyoung can cancel.

"Oh a college reunion, ehhhh?"

Lisa is now on her computer trying to find out why she is acting this way.

"Is that why you're grumpy, chipmunk?"


"No Lisa, don't even start."

"Ohh I suddenly remembered something...

 




or someone...”

 

 

Lisa smiled at her mischievously.

 

 

 

 

“Was it Jennie? Was that her name??”



Chaeyoung just glared at her bestfriend. Lisa really knows how to get into her nerves sometimes.



“C’mon Chaeyoung-ah. Is she “your first love”, “the one that got away”, “your only hope”?” Lisa said dramatically while clutching her hands on her chest.





“Just shut up, Lisa, please…”


"Seriously, Chaeng, this may be your "one more chance"."


"I don't know, Lisa. I don't even know if I'm ready to see her again."


"I think 5 years is long enough to be ready Chaeng. And don't even tell me that you've moved on, you won't have that picture on that frame if you're really over her."


Chaeyoung took a glance at the framed picture on her desk. It was a picture taken 8 years ago when they went to Jeju for summer.

Flashback

"Babe, where are we going next?" Jennie asked curiously while trying to figure out where they'll go to escape the maze.

"It's a secret." Chaeyoung smirked playfully.

Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter