First Day

Enamoured

I stared at the small cubical that I would be working at for who knew how long? I felt a sense of dread wash over me. I was really going to have to finally grow up and put my big girl on. I couldn’t just live life a bit longer and work a part-time job.

Well, it was going to happen sooner or later, right? I guess a big paycheck would make life easier for me.

I grabbed the schedule my team leader, Kyungsoo, handed me. There were so many meetings. I sighed.

This was the life of an adult.

“I know it looks overwhelming, but since today is your first day, you’ll just be observing. Seulgi will start your training tomorrow,” Kyungsoo nodded to Seulgi that was walking by to which she nodded back.

I smiled.

“Thank you, Team Leader Do.”

“Kyungsoo is fine, Sihyeon. We’re a family here at Oh Industries.”

 

 

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!”

I was going over some files rather peacefully until I heard squealing come from the entire floor. The squeals seemed to be getting louder and louder.

They were screaming and mumbling all sorts of things that I couldn’t understand, until I made out a name.

“CEO Oh is here! Oh my god! He never comes down here!”

My eyes widened, and my heart skipped a beat.

Why was he coming here? For me?

I looked up from the paperwork sprawled all over my desk and scanned the area. CEO Oh was indeed walking towards me. My breaths began to grow shallow. I gulped and unconsciously patted down my outfit and ran my fingers through my hair.

The second CEO Oh reached my desk, I stood straight up, but strangely CEO Oh walked right passed me as though he didn't see me. I was a bit shocked, and then grew embarrassed. Maybe, he was just playing with me at first. My heart grew hot with rage. I scoffed quietly to myself.

“He was playing with me, wasn’t he?”

And then, I grew angry at myself. It wasn’t like I liked him or something, but having someone confess to you like that, you were bound to keep thinking about them. I grew angry that I even thought someone like him would even bother to take interest in me.

I was so stupid.

“Kyungsoo!” CEO Oh yelled from behind me.

I turned around and saw CEO Oh wrap his hands around the Team Leader. I cocked my head to the side.

“I told you to stop coming down here, dammit. Everyone goes crazy when you do. How the hell are we supposed to get work done, Sehun?” Kyungsoo hissed to which I chuckled a bit darkly.

CEO Oh frowned.

“Can’t I come and see my best friend?” he whinned.

I swore I heard a few “awwws” coming from my coworkers.

I feigned disgust and sat back down, minding my own business.

“No,” Kyungsoo said. “Now, leave. I have to speak with our new employee.”

“Oh? New employee?” I heard CEO Oh say.

It went silent for a few seconds, and then I heard a gasp.

“Oh my! Honey Bun!” CEO Oh yelled. “I didn’t know that you were put in this team! How exciting!”

My eyes widened. I felt my ears grow hot with embarrassment. My back was to CEO Oh and Kyungsoo, but I was pleading to the heavens that he wasn’t talking to me.

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god, please don’t come over here. Please don’t—

I felt a pat on my head before my seat was spun around to face the towering man.

“Hello, Honey Bun! How’s your first day going so far?”

I clenched my fists and slowly closed and opened my eyes.

Can the floor just swallow me whole right now?

“Are you angry?” CEO Oh frowned. “Is it because I didn’t greet you first? I’m so sorry! I know that I must have hurt you yesterday at the interview. I didn’t mean to. I know you’re talented, and I know you want to prove yourself, so I let my hiring manager take care of the hiring process for this position. I'll tell everyone not to give you special treatment either just because I like you,” CEO Oh smiled rather sincerely, but with edge like he was afraid that I would reprimand him right then and there.

My jaw had dropped open.

What in the hell just happened?

I swallowed hard and casually pulled my eyes away from him, briefly looking at the looks of shock on my coworkers’ faces. I spun my chair back around and went back to looking at the paperwork.

“She’s upset,” I could almost hear him frown.

“Well, I would be since you made such a big scene,” Kyungsoo pulled CEO Oh into his office.

Fearing for my life now, knowing that my coworkers basically idolized their CEO, I was wondering when I would turn in my resignation letter. I wondered if I would have the record of working here the short—

“Oh my goodness, newbie! CEO Oh is totally head over heels with you! How did you do it!” a random girl ran up to me wrapping her arms around mine. “If CEO Oh likes you, then you must have a charm that makes everyone fall for you! Teach me your ways! There's this boy that I like, but he doesn't like me back!”

Okay, maybe I was wrong. They were surprisingly accepting… uh, maybe too accepting.

 

 

“Could you care to explain the rumor I hear going around that CEO Oh is in love with you?” Sikyung asked with crossed arms as Chanyeol and I ate some pizza.

Chanyeol began choking on the crust he had just shoved into his mouth. I rolled my eyes and pushed a glass of water towards him.

“He’s not in love with me. He’s probably just playing around with me,” I shrugged, though really I was freaking out inside.

“I saw the recording of him basically being all over you! I never see CEO Oh, but when I do, he definitely doesn’t act like some love-struck tween,” Sikyung said very matter of factly.

I groaned.

“He doesn’t like me. He’s a CEO for goodness sake! I’m some trainee newbie that has never had a steady job before! We live in two completely different worlds! How could he like me!” I yelled.

Sikyung sighed and slumped into her seat.

“If he likes you, then I don’t mind if you two date, it’s just… he’s so much older than you that it’s weird. I don’t know if Mom and Dad would accept him as your husband.”

“Sikyung! We’re not even dating!”

Chanyeol gave me an expecting look to which I glared at him.

“What,” I hissed.

Chanyeol frowned and shrugged.

“Sikyung and I hated each other one summer and fell in love the next. You never know what could happen. And, CEO Oh is only seven years older than Sihyeon.”

I rolled my eyes and groaned, crushing the pillow I was holding.

“Well, it won’t happen,” I muttered, though part of me was hoping that it would.


 

I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating as often! I had job interviews to prepare for, and boy were they crazy. lol I had to give a presentation and everything. It was my first real job interview ever. Hopefully, I get it, if I don't then...well I'll just have to find another job.