Starry Night Or: Summer isn’t the only thing that’s hot in here

Of libraries, football shirts and make out sessions - A Chansoo college! AU

“Chanyeol?” Chanyeol stirred a bit, surprised Kyungsoo was even still awake.

“Yes?”, he whispered as he opened up, looking into the seemingly endless night sky above them.

They were back at Jongdae’s place for a week, since his parents were out of town and he had invited them all, since they had hardly seen each other over the summer break so far.

They had talked a lot, played video games, just lazed around in the summer sun and gotten drunk one or twice.

Tomorrow, Kyungsoo would go back to the city because he had to work, and Chanyeol would go and visit his family. So, for that very last night they had decided to use the mild weather and to sleep outside, drinking and laughing and talking until they couldn’t keep their eyes open anymore.

Now, there was already the faintest glimmer of morning along the horizon, and with all the booze and fatigue Chanyeol had a hard time to think straight. But, for his Kyungsoo he would try, of course.

“I thought you were asleep already”, Chanyeol whispered, hoping he wouldn’t wake the others.

Sehun was curled around Junmyeon like a enormously long-limbed backpack, while Jongdae and Baekhyun were just a mass of limbs, hard to tell where one started and the other began.

Kyungsoo raised his head from Chanyeol’s chest, and even in the darkness his huge eyes were visible.

“Sorry, I just… Do… do you ever wonder what comes after this?”
“You mean, after death? Babe, I think I’m a bit too exhausted for this type of conversation. , I think you are, too.”

Kyungsoo snorted, obviously amused, and buried his head in the crook of Chanyeol’s neck.

When he spoke again, his breath tickled warmly against Chanyeol’s skin.

“No, I meant, after graduation.”

“Oh.”

Chanyeol sighed.

“Yes. Yes, of course I think about that, even though I don’t want to…”
He was silent for a moment, trying to sort out his thoughts, and Kyungsoo waited patiently.

“You know, even if this whole sport thing works out… I can’t do it forever, I know that. I am pretty good, but I’d have to improve massively if I would want to go professional. I don’t know, maybe I could, but… I wouldn’t have time for anything else. And, even if I manage to do that… with 35 I’d be done with it, basically unemployed. And, trust me. I love kids, but I don’t want to become some formerly-somewhat-famous coach for some annoying brats. So… I guess I should do internships or something, or figure out what I want to do. I mean… okay, maybe I have figured it out already.”

“Music?”, Kyungsoo asked, and Chanyeol had to smile.

“Yeah. I mean, that’s probably an even worse career path than sports, but… but I don’t know, everything else seems quite useless to me in comparison.”

Next to them, Jongdae stirred in his sleep, murmuring something as he pulled a silently snoring Baekhyun closer to his chest, and both of them fell silent for a moment, not wanting to wake their friends.

After a few breaths of silence Kyungsoo answered.

“A writer and a musician. We will top the record for couple with the worst credit score in history.”

Chanyeol made an amused noise.

“Maybe you should leave me and become somebody’s trophy-husband.” Warmth against his neck as Kyungsoo silently laughed.

“Maybe you should make me your trophy-husband.”

“Maybe I’m trying?”, Chanyeol said with a grin.

Kyungsoo raised his head again so he could press a kiss to his lips.

“Maybe it’s working”, he said then, sounding just as playful as Chanyeol.

“If I had money I’d spoil you rotten”, Chanyeol sighed, the last word drowning in a yawn.

Kyungsoo used his distraction to poke his side.

“Well, get on it then, slave”, he commanded.

“”, Chanyeol commented, earning himself yet another poke to his side.

A few moments of silence, then. “God, are we ed. We will never make any money, probably.”

Chanyeol shrugged. “Well, you are pretty brilliant, you’ll find something to do with that giant brain and endless talents of yours. And… for all it’s worth, we don’t have now, either. And this is basically the happiest I’ve ever been.”

“Yeah?”, Kyungsoo asked his cool fingers dipping into the dent over Chanyeol’s collarbones as he pushed himself up a bit.

“Yes”, Chanyeol said, shuddering a bit, as Kyungsoo spread his cold fingers beneath his shirt.

“But, my train is leaving in a few hours and I really need to sleep.”

“Alright. Good night”,

“Night”, he murmured against Kyungsoo’s lips as the other kissed him, before cuddling into his chest again.

He sighed, hoping he’d fall asleep-

“Chanyeol?”

“Oh, s sake. What do you want now, demon?”, he asked, pressing his eyes shut.

“You know we haven’t ed at all in the one week we were here.”

“I’m aware. Painfully so. And don’t mention it while we are sleeping next to 4 other people.”
“I’m just. You know… everybody else is asleep and out of the house, and I’m pretty sure Jongdae’s room has a lock and a key, so…”

Chanyeol silently counted from 10 down to one, hoping he could will down his lust, but now that Kyungsoo had put the image in his head, and with the other one pressed against him so closely.

“You know, you could have mentioned that two hours ago already?”

“Two hours ago I wasn’t , though. So… is that a yes?”

“‘course it is. provider for life, remember?”

Kyungsoo fingers snuck down his body and below the elastic of his boxershorts, sending yet another shiver down Chanyeol’s back.

“Let’s go then”, Kyungsoo hummed,suddenly pulling back, and Chanyeol hastily followed him as he jumped of the trampoline and went over to the house.

“I won’t get any sleep tonight, will I?”, he asked as Kyungsoo pulled him into Jongdae’s room.

“No, no you won’t”, Kyungsoo decided, shoved him down onto the bed and climbed on top of him.

“Good”, Chanyeol said, and helped Kyungsoo to take his shirt off.


 

“Hey guys”, Chanyeol said as he dropped on the old couch in the cheap study cafe that was becoming something like their daily place to meet up.

“Hey Yeol”, Jongdae said and waved from the opposite couch. “I’d get up to greet you properly, but I’m a bit preoccupied right now.”

“Yeah, I can see that”, Chanyeol said, grinning at Baekhyun who had sprawled out over the couch and inevitably Jongdae’s lap as well. He was pretending to read, but he was probably just enjoying the way Jongdae patted his hair.

“Where’s Kyungsoo?”, Sehun asked, from the armchair he was sitting on, chin tucked over Junmyeon’s shoulder, who was sitting in his lap.

“Getting drinks. He wanted to see you guys. I just wanted to go home and spent some quality time with my boyfriend rather than with you losers.”

“Weren’t you together for a whole week now?”, Baekhyun asked, flopping over, and immediately Jongdae started to tickle his sides, making the other one bat away his hands as he broke out into complaints.

“Yes. But being the innocent little doll he is, he refused to do as much as kiss me in front of my parents”, Chanyeol said and grimaced.

That was when Kyungsoo showed up and placed their drinks on the table. The dropped on the sofa, and Chanyeol just couldn’t resist to wrap an arm around his midriff.

“I think that’s...kinda respectful. They probably don’t want to see that, anyways”, Junmyeon suggested, trying to smooth things out like he always did.

“Thank you, hyung”, Kyungsoo said before he looked up at him. “Look, Myeonie gets it immediately.”

“Okay, I mean, I get that part, but… we haven’t had in… 8 days now.”

“Oh no, sounds awful, I wonder what that is like”, Baekhyun said, putting so much sarcasm into his voice that even Kyungsoo cracked a grin.

“Listen, take it from somebody who is forever single: From all I have heard and seen - against my will, just to make that clear - Chanyeol has some awesome to serve and you’re no innocent , either. So...what the , Soo?”

Chanyeol could feel his ears turn a bit red, because, well, he had brought it up, but maybe it was time to change the topic. Luckily, that is when Jongdae jumped in.

“Baekhyun, people ask me if you are single or for your phone number all the time. I just don’t get why you always complain about being lonely and stuff, but then you never try to get with anybody… I don’t get it, honestly. I mean, you don’t have to marry them, you can just...you know, fool around a bit.”

“Just make sure to use protection”, Junmyeon threw in absentmindedly, mostly focus on fork-feeding Sehun who still had his head on his shoulder a piece of cake.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he watched them, the corner of his mouth twitching when the piece fell of the fork.

“I know how s works, hyung, don’t worry. But… meaningless isn’t really my thing.”

“I wonder what your thing is, then”, Jongdae said as he frowned a bit, looking a bit worried.

“Yeah, I wonder”, Baekhyun said, grimacing, and Chanyeol didn’t know if his friend was closer to laughing or crying. Baekhyun was basically starring holes into Jongdae with loving gazes, but the other one was still oblivious as hell. Everything would be so much easier if Baekhyun would just man up and confess, but… Chanyeol kind of understood him. Kind of. After all, they were roommates, and if Jongdae rejected him things would get awkward. Really awkward. And, Chanyeol wasn’t ready for that to happen yet. By now Jongdae, the newest addition to their group, felt like family, too, and even for him it would hurt like hell to loose him.

Kyungsoo interlaced his fingers with his and pressed a kiss to his knuckles, giving him a questioning look.

Chanyeol smiled and leaned closer, lips brushing against Kyungsoo’s ear.

“Seriously, I don’t think I can sit by and watch this silently much longer. If they don’t” - “Hey, asshat, I get you are , but please don’t dirty-talk your boyfriend in front of us”, Baekhyun said, and for a moment Chanyeol considered to throw a pillow at him, but that would mean he’d loose the comfy armrest and he wasn’t quite ready for that.

“I wasn’t” - “Honestly, Chanyeol, you shouldn’t do that”, Junmyeon said in his best mum-voice and Chanyeol heaved a sigh.

“But what I don’t get is… don’t you, like...had a room together? You’re not telling me you managed to fend Chanyeol off for a whole week?”, Jongdae asked, sounding honestly impressed.

“You guys make it sound like I am some sort of wild animal” - “Puppy in the streets, tiger in the sheets”, Baekhyun said with a grin, causing Jongdae to bellow out a laugh. Which, in return, caused Baekhyun to smile triumphantly and a bit lovingly up at the other. Honestly, those two were the worst, Chanyeol thought, wondering if that was what Baekhyun had had to sit through while he and Kyungsoo weren’t dating yet.

“Actually, I think I trained him quite well. If I tell him to off and that he isn’t getting any, he leaves me alone”, Kyungsoo said and patted his knee.

“I’m not a dog”, Chanyeol said and frowned, trying to look like he was mad.

“And yet you are my good boy”, Kyungsoo said with a grin as he turned a bit so he could kiss Chanyeol, to the sound of Junmyeon’s ‘Ahwww’ and Baekhyun pretending he had to throw up in the background.

“But seriously; Usually it’s this guy here who breaks down first. Don’t let his adorable little face fool you”, Chanyeol said, pocking Kyungsoo in his cute round little cheek.

Kyungsoo ignored his words as he pulled out his phone, so Chanyeol decided to gear up a little.

“It was his idea we snuck back into the house last summer, after all.”

“Last…while we were at my place? What the , guys?”, Jongdae whined, while Baekhyun and Sehun broke out into laughter.

“You… you had at the place of JD’s parents?”, Sehun asked, looking absolutely filled with glee.

Kyungsoo rubbed his neck and pretended to still be busy, but Chanyeol could see his grin.

“Well yeah, Even though, to be more exact, we had in his bed”, Chanyeol said, fighting his laughter to keep his voice casual, even though that was hard with the absolute horror on Jongdae’s face.

The other’s were still laughing, when a pillow hit Chanyeol square in the face. “What the- it was Kyungsoo’s idea!”

“Huh, and you were just the victim. off, Yeol, my ma kept pestering me the whole week! ...oh my god, it all makes sense now… That’s the reasons she wouldn’t shut up about Baekhyun and why she asks about him all the time!”

Jongdae’s eyes had gotten big and he looked honestly stressed.

Baekhyun, on the other side seemed a bit startled and hurt. “Why… does the idea of dating me upset you that much?”

Jongdae absentmindedly patted his head again. “It’s more the fact that my ma thinks we ed in my childhood bedroom.”

Baekhyun wanted to add something, but luckily Kyungsoo decided to rush in.

“But guys, come on. You understand that, don’t you? I mean, I wanted to make a good impression. The last thing I needed was his parents to notice we were having under their roof.”

Chanyeol decided to play along, for one because it was fun, but also so Baekhyun, who still looked a bit upset could rule himself in.

“What, and them thinking you are depriving their dearest beloved offspring off corporal love is any better?”

“Corporal- oh my god you guys are the worst”, Sehun murmured and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

Kyungsoo snorted, lightly dragging his fingernails over the back of Chanyeol’s muscular arm.

“Right. You are withering away as we speak”, he said dramatically and rolled his eyes, before opening his mouth in a massive yawn.

“Guys, I’m super tired. I think I’ll go back to the apartment. Babe...wanna come with me?”, he asked as he got up and stretched, his shirt riding up a bit so a sliver of his pale skin was exposed.

Chanyeol looked up at him a bit wary, eyes darting down the other’s body.

“...What for?”

“So that I can whatever brain cells are left inside your head out through your” - “Okay, have fun you two, we’ll see you tomorrow”, Junmyeon said hastily, trying to press his hands to Sehun’s ear, like the two of them weren’t doing the same exact thing on regular occasions.

“Okay, we’ll see you tomorrow. If I survive that demon”, Chanyeol said and pretended to shudder.

“Ahw, come on, you love me and you know it”, Kyungsoo cooed and grabbed one of Chanyeol’s arms with both of his hands to pull the other along.

“Bye guys! Have fun studying”, Chanyeol called and waved, grinning and ignoring the not-so-child-friendly words their friends were calling after them.