A Perfect Day for Clubbing

Blue Moon Ocean

Wheein loved the ocean. It expressed itself in so many ways, and it never looked the same, not twice. 

Having lived an average of 11 combined lifetimes, change amused Wheein and kept her going. Had the world offered her a never changing routine she would've hated her immortality. But maybe luck was on her side. maybe?

Wheein never knew why or how she became immortal, she only knew she was the only one with the gift. She called it a gift because for her, life gave her a chance to spectate the canvas, Earth, change and change, making it the most marvelous and unique of art pieces. 

Immortality had no real down sides for Wheein. She could go years and years without sleeping or eating. Her body never takes anything more than tiny scratches that go away in days. She also had above average strength and agility. 

Wheein had explored the whole globe, name a place and she's been there. Name a profession and she's probably learned it. 

Wheein also never lacked intimate partners, but she never really invested herself to be with any of them long term. Human emotional relationships never peaked her interest. It was something that was best left short and sweet.

 

 

....................

 

 

 

[Somewhere inside a club in Moonlight District, Jeju Island, South Korea.]

 

 

With three drinks down and the 80s music blasting in the speakers, Wheein was grooving, dancing, being one with the music. The jazzy saxophone solo in the 3 minute interlude gave her a confident kick in her feet. This would be another one of those great nights, she was sure of it.

She spots 4 beautiful ladies, all separated like a square on different corners of the nightclub.

Wheein flicks the toothpick in her glass, then starts walking towards the one the pick was pointing to.

But before she can walk to the other side of the bar she's being pushed against the wall and dragged to the bathroom. Then she's being thrown on the floor. She lands near the handwashers of the restroom and it takes her a second to stabilize herself and look up at whoever threw her in there. She's confused.

It was a lady wearing a small black silk dress who was now locking the door behind her.

Wheein stared down the lady with a raised brow, speaking in a concerned tone,"Uhm, what's going on?"

The lady stepped closer to her, her golden heels clicking with every step. When she stops, she squats down elegantly, then starts speaking in a reserved tone,

"Let me ask you a question; Are you immortal?"

Wheein's blood froze and her eyes widened. She suddenly realized how dangerous of a position she was in. Swiftly, she took a step back planning a quick escape in her head,

"Uh-..What?"

"Are you immortal?"

Wheein looked away scanning the room, her heart beating faster, her eyes darting side to side looking for an exit,

"I have no idea of what-"

"Please, cut the games.., you really haven't changed a bit since 1925."

Wheein was alert and scared, this wasn't the first time she was found out. And based on record, she had about a 20 percent probability that it would end nicely.

One thought raced in Wheein's mind, "whatthe whatTHe."

Then the lady spoke again, unrelenting yet softer,

"I'm immortal and I know you are too,.."