Chapter 4

Elevator Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„Who are you looking for?” The tall, handsome one asked. Irene forced a smile and slightly bowed. She corrected her glass “I was looking for…” And there she saw him. He was on the balcony, kissing some girl. “…the owner of the apartment.” She finished her sentence as she frowningly stared to them. The man in front of her carefully listened to her while holding a drink in his hand and his other hand inside of his pocket. He turned around ready to shout “Dong-“Irene interrupted him “No, no. It’s okay.” She said as she waved with her hands repeatedly. The man was confused now. Wasn’t she the one looking for him a few minutes ago? He smiled “Are you sure?” Irene glanced to the balcony. Donghae was still busy kissing the girl. A thin lined formed between her eyebrows. She nodded “Yes.” She said without looking to him. “Hey, how do you know Donghae? I don’t think I’ve seen you before.” The man stated while suspiciously looking to her. Irene managed to look away from the scenario on the balcony and faced him. “I-I actually don’t. I’m his neighbour.” She said and bought slightly. “Siwon.” The man smiled and straightened his arm. Irene smiled back and shook his hand “I-Irene.” She shyly said. Siwon nodded “What a beautiful name.” Irene pursed her lips and gestured that she should go. Siwon nodded again and waved her goodbye.

Irene did fast steps to get herself as fast as possible out of this mess. She was about to reach the door before someone blocked her way. Irene widened her eyes and stared at the man standing in front of her who was slipping his drink. Irene questioningly looked at him while he grinned “You leavin’ that fast?” He asked. Irene nodded slowly “I’m actually not here to party.” She stated. He made a disappointed face and hissed “Really?” He asked. Irene smiled apological and nodded. “Excuse me.” She said as she held the doorknob “Next time then.” He said without looking to her and sipping his drink and then walked away. Irene watched him with an unbelieving face ‘What’s wrong with him?’ She thought and opened the door.

She let out a deep breath when she stood outside. Irene was barely at parties and every time she was, it was the most confusing event for her to attend. The majority of people didn’t know what they were doing or saying. The air inside was sticky. It was nothing for her, but she attended the party for another intention. She wanted them to turn the music lower, but instead got confronted with a mess. The girl Donghae was kissing was not she saw him earlier with. Neither the girl in the café nor the girl who handed him the money. Still there he was kissing her deeply on his balcony. What kind of a jerk was he? Why did she get such a neighbour all of a sudden? Irene sighed and slouched to her door.

“Hey!” She heard a bright voice next to her. “Hey!” She said emotionless and widened her eyes after realizing who it was. She turned around and saw the girl almost ringing the bell “Hey!” She called loudly. The girl slightly flinched and looked at her with an astonished expression. Irene nervously laughed “You-you want to get in there?” She asked. The girl questioningly looked at her. Irene slightly bit her under lip and felt a sudden urge to prevent her getting inside and seeing his fiancé kissing some random girl. “Yes.” The girl answered almost in a whisper. Irene nervously chuckled and scratched her head “We-we come across each other very often, don’t you think?” She asked. The girl slightly smiled “We do, right?” She asked. Irene nodded and stretched her arm out “I’m Irene.” She brightly smiled “I live there.” She gestured to her door. The girl was still confused of the situation. She slowly shook her hand and smiled “Dara.” She answered. “My fiancé lives there.” She did the same gesture as Irene. Irene chuckled. ‘I know. And if you enter this apartment, your engagement will most likely end very soon.’ “Let’s chat some other day, Irene. I have to go inside now. They’re probably waiting for me.” Dara said. Irene felt sorry for her “Okay.” She silently said. Dara smiled “It was nice to meet you.” She said and rang the bell. Irene glanced to the door for the last time and turned around to go inside her apartment. She prayed that she wouldn’t catch him.

Even though, she didn’t know her well, she could understand her situation since she was a woman too. It must be very hard seeing the person you love kissing another girl. Irene can’t imagine what she would do when the same thing would happen to her. She was already a sensitive girl inside, she would probably break into pieces and it would take her a lot of time to heal, trust and love again.

The next day Irene entered the full lecture hall and scanned for an empty seat. Once her eyes captured one, she walked the stairs down and made herself comfortable. She turned her tablet on and put a water bottle next to it. The course she was attending was called ‘Basics in behavioural psychology’. She chose this cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter