Rainism Strikes Back! / Not So 10 out of 10

A Korean Midsummer Night’s Comedy

In the big city like Seoul, there had been many young artists and actors visit and had aspirations to make their dreams come true. Whether it takes few years as a Trainee and hard work, it is determined by the big agencies that have made huge celebrities out of their actors and idols. JYP had given a place to a young man names Jung Ji Hoon as a Trainee before breaking out as a K-Pop idol and eventually Hallyu star, who is now known as Bi (on in English, Rain). At the same time, a young model was looking to be an actress and had a breakthrough playing the female villain in a melodrama but had grown popular as the female lead with youthful and unique beauty to match. Her name is Kim Tae Hee and always been loved by her fans around the world, except for their neighbouring country who still believe her to be the horrible, Han Yoori. 

Tae Hee and Rain met when they reached at the height of the fame and were engaged to be married, but things had soured between them when an article commented that she was all substance and that she does not have the business sense to carry her fiance's business. Rain was trying to branch out from JYP Entertainment and felt hurt seeing an interview which Tae Hee remarked about idols only sticking to musicals, as TV and movies are not in their league. Both of them had broken ties with each other due to their egos and decided to open rival agencies, with Rain opening his J-Tune Camp agency for idols turned actors while Tae Hee opening her agency, The Baeuduls (actors) for models turned actors. Both of them were successful and ranked neck to neck with endorsement deals and business revenue.

"Neh! I always have a knack for talent and I can sure to get the acceptance for a Trainee.." Rain discussed on the phone regarding a potential trainee to sign their agency. He was shown to be a triple threat with his acting, modelling and music skills but also knew that Tae Hee was vying for the trainee as he had been scouted by someone regarding a Netflix drama deal. 

"Knock, Knock!" A young man knocked on the door which Rain gestured him to enter, while the other man has a grave look on his face.

Jang Wooyoung was a former JYP trainee who was smart yet mischevious with some magic stuff that his halamoni used to use for any rememdies and also revenge on the haters. He had briefly joined as an idol member for 2PM but had to leave the group shortly after due to familial circumstances. Rain sympathised with him and always treated him a young brother so once he offered him a job as his Personal Assistant in his own agency....and right hand man with magic too.

Rain knew he could count on him to deal on the comeuppances on the people who had came to his bad books while Wooyoung's magic had opposite effect. Such as a former bully being in love with a dog instead of being turning into a dog, the second incident involved a former greedy dormitory officer that had to eat himself to death but then became invovled with Mukkbang, the third incident involved a mean model of an ex-girlfiend who was cursed with "man hands" which cost her modelling job but instead made her a "male hand model", much to Rain's dismay as his plan of revenge just goes the other way. 

"H-hyung...? We got some b-bad news..." Wooyoung stuttered while avoiding Rain's gaze, with the latter feeling puzzled. 

"Mwohragyo..." Rain asked while trying to keep his composure.

"The trainee had rejected our agency because he was offered a huge deal from The Baeuduls agency..." Wooyoung replied in a hesitating tone while Rain was silently fuming.

"What did that deal involve, and don't tell me that the Netflix drama offer was included..." Rain demanded to know while Wooyoung was trying hard not to anger him. 

"Well Hyung...that was part of it and it invovled an offer to act as Choi Ji Woo's son and...." Wooyoung wass trying to explain to Rain.

"Of course as she's friends with Tae Hee...and what Wooyoung-ah...?" Rain demanded more before Wooyoung delivered the final blow.

"A spot in Season 2 of Squid Game!" Wooyoung revealed in a rush while wincing before Rain broke a pen in half after digesting the breaking news.

Just when things couldn't get any worse, a call was made to Rain's phone which showed a contact saved as "Manyeo" (witch). Rain swiped left to answer and it appeared as a video call featuring his former fiance turned rival, Kim Tae Hee.

"Annyeonghaseyo Rain-shhi! I hope you are well and good..." Tae Hee greeted in a fake polite tone with Wooyoung also doing the same but Rain kept his face in neutral. Rain started to smile at Tae Hee which Wooyoung found so unerving. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Sunbae-nim! Everything's all good and we're busy at work..." Rain replied with smile masking his frustration. 

"I know you guys work so hard and despite winning so much awards for the music, I wanted to make sure that we help out each other..." Tae Hee taunted underneath her polite conversation.

"Anni! We are doing what we can and glad to see that our drama production, "All of Us Are Dead" became popular on Netflix and got a season 2!" Wooyoung boasted but Rain kicked him under the desk. 

"I know that you want that trainee to join your agency because he was the grandson of Bae Yul Chong of BYC Clothing...." Tae Tae announced.

"Chincha..? The fashion designer...? OW!" Wooyoung felt star struck hearing about this information before getting kicked under the table again.

"Well it turns out that he was such a huge fan of me and loved watching Stairway to Heaven and IRIS, so I decided to return the favour by getting his grandson to join my agency...!" Tae Hee confesses in a condescending tone while Wooyoung and Rain were seething over her victory.

"I hope you guys are not mad, I mean it will be one step ahead for me of having global stardom. I'm afraid that the "Rainism" period has gone now.." Tae Hee gloated.

"Anni! It's good to know that your buisness was not running *coughs* dry..." Rain replied while insulting Tae Hee's agency.

"Okay! Me and Hyung need to go now, we have a business call to attend, Anyeong!" Wooyoung disconeccted the call out of fear due to Rain's anger.

"THAT WITCH WILL PAY!" Rain stood out of his chair and screamed out in anger while throwing the papers ans stomping them on the floor. Wooyoung rushed to give him a glass of water and silently thanked himself that the office was soundproof.

"Kamsahamnida..." Rain took the glass and gulped the whole water and looked away from him while Wooyoung was feeling wary.

"Wooyoung-ah? Do you still the Book of Tricks...?" Rain asked Wooyoung.

"Neh Hyung, why are you asking?" Wooyoung felt suspicious before Rain faced him with a devilish grin. 

"It's time we use some Rainism magic to get revenge on that Manyeo!" Rain replied in a hilarious evil tone. Wooyoung opened the company safe with a code and brought out a brown book of spells to guarantee 100% of successful revenge. 

"Are you sure Hyung? It has been 30 years since someone used the Book of Tricks magic..." Wooyoung wondered befor Rain walked towards him and put his arm around his left shoulder.

"Well Wooyoungie, all is fair in love and war and now that the love is gone, it's time for war!" Rain stated and opened the book which gave him and Wooyoung the perfect idea for revenge.

"That Manyeo took me for a fool, now she will be the biggest fool in this city!" Rain exclaimed with Wooyoung grinning like a duo of villain and sidekick...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other place within Seoul, a man has been living in South Korea for 2 decades to improve his credibility as a potential celebrity. His name is Park Jaebom. He first used to be a trainee for JYP as a Korean-American export and had became popular when he had debuted as a member of 2PM. However, all good things come to an end when a scandalous post was discovered by a neitizen, where a young Jaebeom had negatively commented about South Korea. Due to the negative publicity and the effect on the group, Jaebeom made a difficult decision to leave the group and going back to the States (before Cancel Culture started trending during the 2020...)

Just like a phoenix rises from the ashes, Jaebeom had re-introduced himself as Jay Park and found his popularity as a solo K-Pop Idol with his amazing dance moves, good looks and velvet voice which every female die for. But most importantly, he needed to conquer the world of acting and variety shows as an all-rounder Entertainer. He even had a first taste of doing sketch comedy in SNL Korea which he was popular, for this "lack" of satoori and someone being "a fish out of water." He realised that he could do some some theatre acting and become a "Thespian" which could add to his credibility as an Entertainer, while his male Troupe were thinking of ideas. 

"We can't do music parodies again! We already covered Abracadabra as Dirty Eyed Girls!" Changmin (the "Hyung" in the troupe) mentioned to the group.

"Well technically, it was Moi and Seulong Hyung that covered it.." JoKwon (the Leader) clarified with a laugh.

"I hate to say this JoKwon-ah, Hyung is right and we just need to something new and unexpected...." Seulong (the "Tall" Hyung) added

"Well first they told us we weren't hot and now we can't use our looks to entertain....OW!" Jinwoon (the Maknae) complained before Changmin hit behind his head.

"We can do a Shakespeare Comedy like A Midsummer Night's Dream, with a modern twist?" Jay suggested to the boys, which made them dumstruck until...

"HAHAHAHA!" The guys laughed at his suggestion, much to Jay's chagrin

"That's really funny Hyung, no wonder you were on SNL!" JoKwon replied with a laugh while the others were still on the floor laughing.

"Yeah I said the same thing but Jay-ah is really serious but he is forgetting that you guys have to perform in front of JYP and his future wife..!" Lee Kwang Soo (Their Director and Co-ordinator) told them which put them in shock, before Changmin and the boys performed their rendition of a song (as a joke)

"Their acting is bad and so unfunny, 10 out of 10!" Seulong rapped while the guys joined in the joking fun

"He's got the looks but not the sense, 10 out of 10!" Jinwoon joined in the rap, reflecting the outcome of their potential disasterous performance.

"Yah! I get it! I'm all brawns and no brains but I suggested a good idea!" Jay felt emabarassed while the guys stopped laughing while Kwang Soo had an idea.

"Why don't we do the play like a Dramedy, so that there are moments of drama and comedy...?" Kwang Soo suggested which had the Troupe's attention

"Since Jay made this suggestion, he will be the main lead character: Do Un Ki!" JoKwon suggested a "play-on-word" name, which irked Jay while the others laughed.

"Great Idea! it's just like that Comedy Play where the play Jay was talking about..." Changmin laughed at the name.

"Araso! I will be the lead and you all shall be my gang of harem...." Jay remarked, much to the guys' embarassment and cringe-worthy reaction. 

"Yah! stop watching those erted animes!" Kwang Soo reprimanded Jay who was laughing at his joke, while the guys nodded.

The men had talked through the idea with Kwang Soo, writing the story board, arranging the costumes to fit the modern period. Jay felt like it's all coming to place for him to be an Entertaining figure.

"I just pray that I don't make an of things here...." Jay prayed to himself for the play's success, not realsing that things may take an unexpected turn....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 3 

16th July 2023