Chapter 10

Here We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*sasaeng: an obsessed fan that stalks their idol and invades their privacy

 

 

When Donghae got home from the gym, he found Hyukjae in the living room. The blond was sitting on the floor in front of their coffee table wearing an oversized vintage sweater, working on his laptop, and watching television. Now that most of their work was in Seoul, they had found an apartment in the city, and although they had been living together for a while, Donghae still felt his heart flutter whenever he came home and Hyukjae greeted him with a gummy smile.

"Hi Baby, how was your workout?"

"My thighs are going to be sore for a month."

Donghae made his way to the couch and sat down behind Hyukjae so that he could massage his boyfriend's back. He gave special attention to the tender spot left over after an old injury from Hyukjae's stuntman days and his boyfriend moaned in appreciation. The sound was so pleasant it encouraged him to continue. He nuzzled Hyukjae's neck as a bonus, but it was really just an excuse to admire his boyfriend's smooth skin and the homely scent of his favorite moisturizer. Donghae never knew domestic life could be so good.  Hyukjae must have sensed his thoughts because the blond tilted his head to accommodate him.

"You were gone for a long time, is everything okay?" Donghae growled in response and it ticked Hyukjae's neck.

"Yeah, my trainer just felt like torturing me today." He kissed Hyukjae's neck, then he pulled his boyfriend's collar down so he could kiss his shoulder too. "What are you working on?" 

“Your mom wants me to go on this variety show, so I thought I should watch a few episodes while I read the messages from my fan club.”

Donghae looked at the television and frowned. He was sure Hyukjae would thrive on a sports or survival type of variety show, but his mother had picked a show with an interview format, and to make things worse, this particular show was known for asking invasive personal questions. “I told you not to let her pick your new manager. She totally controls your schedule now.”

“Was I supposed to tell her no?” Hyukjae scoffed. It’s not that he was afraid of Donghae’s mother, it’s just that he knew it would be a waste of time to argue with her. “Anyway, I thought you would be happy. Now that your mom is in charge, she makes sure we always have time together.” Hyukjae turned his head and returned some of Donghae’s affectionate kisses for emphasis.

“I guess there are some perks to it…” Donghae admitted between kisses.  It was true.  True that they always had time together no matter how busy they were and true that his mother was the one that was really in charge of their careers.  Not only had she gotten Hyukjae an amazing new manager, but she also hired a whole entourage for him, so that he could maximize his free time.  Just like she had done when Donghae first began acting, she worked closely with Hyukjae’s manager to make sure the blond only accepted the most lucrative jobs.  Her definition of a lucrative job was one that paid well, allowed Hyukjae to match his schedule with Donghae’s, and was reputable enough to help Hyukjae grow his career.  Not that he really needed the last part; after the success of Hyukjae’s first movie, Obsessed, people stopped accusing him of using Donghae and recognized him as an excellent actor in his own right.  And Hyukjae’s popularity only grew from there.  In the past year, the blond had starred in two more action movies and countless commercials, as well as playing a much larger role in the second season of the zombie drama that brought them together.  If Donghae was the King of Romance, then Hyukjae had become the King of Action Heroes.

After kissing his boyfriend for a few minutes, Donghae reluctantly pulled away.  “I need to practice my lines for tomorrow,” he pouted.

“Okay, I’ll help you.”  Hyukjae started to get up, but Donghae pushed him back down, and the blond looked up at his boyfriend in confusion.

“The lines are easy, so I can practice alone.  You should finish reading your messages.”

“Are you sure?”  Donghae nodded, so Hyukjae grinned at his boyfriend.  “Okay, I actually need to catch up on these anyway.  I have a lot of new fans, including this one NotLeeHyukjae,” he pointed to the username on his laptop.  “He’s really funny.”

Donghae frowned.  He recognized the username.  NotLeeHyukjae had joined the fan club shortly after Hyukjae started the zombie drama and he’d been a pain in Donghae’s ever since.  “I think he’s an anti.”

Hyukjae shook his head and scoffed at the brunet.  “No way.  He even protects me from my sasaeng fans!  Maybe I should send him an autograph or something to thank him?  I think he’s cool.”

Donghae started grinding his teeth and stomped off to practice his script before he could say something he would regret.  The 'sasaeng' that NotLeeHyukjae was protecting Hyukjae from was him!  Without thinking, Donghae had sent messages to Hyukjae in the fan café reminding him to eat on the days he knew his boyfriend was really busy, and he congratulated the blond on projects and movies before they had been announced to the public.  Nobody noticed Donghae’s mistakes until NotLeeHyukjae accused him of being a stalker!  Donghae had been Hyukjae’s loyal fan for years before NotLeeHyukjae showed up, but now all of a sudden NotLeeHyukjae was 'cool' and Donghae was a 'sasaeng?!'  Donghae walked into the bedroom and threw himself onto the bed he shared with Hyukjae.  He growled into his boyfriend’s pillow and kicked the mattress to let out his frustration.  It wasn’t fair!

 

***

 

"Stop it!" Hyukjae growled under his breath.

"I didn't do anything!"

"You keep your lips."

"So? I'm thirsty."

"I can tell. You keep kicking your lips while staring at my s."

Donghae blushed. "Not that kind of thirsty!"

"Yeah right." Hyukjae bit his bottom lip seductively and brushed up against his boyfriend. A flash suddenly went off in his face and he had to blink the stars out of his eyes.

"Kim Ryeowook! That's it! That's the final straw!" Donghae snapped.

When Hyukjae's vision returned, he saw that Donghae had snatched the camera away from the assistant and was furiously deleting photos from the memory card.

"Give it back!" Ryeowook yelled.

"No!" As Donghae continued to scroll through the pictures his annoyance grew. "Why are we the only ones in these photos?! You're supposed to be taking pictures of the whole crew."

"I'm only doing what I was told to do. If you don't like it, then talk to your mother," Ryeowook said with a huff and clenched fists.

"My mother told you to stalk us?"

Hyukjae covered his mouth to hide his smile. "She's trying to expose us." It was the same reason she kept booking them for strange variety shows and interviews.  He took the camera from his boyfriend and handed it back to Ryeowook. Then he wrapped an arm around Donghae's waist and pulled the brunet close. With his free hand, he tilted Donghae's chin up and kissed his boyfriend. He made sure to use every trick Donghae had taught him about movie kisses including the trick with his tongue. Donghae mewled softly against his lips in protest but the brunet didn't stop him. Hyukjae waited until he heard the shutter on Ryeowook's camera click at least a dozen times, then he pulled away and used his thumb to remove the saliva from Donghae's lips. "If she wants to sell a photo to Dispatch, then she can just ask us for one.  But if you sneak up on us again, I’m going to let Donghae break your camera."

Donghae watched Ryeowook's back as the assistant walked away and he frowned. "Why did you do that? What about your reputation?"

"What about your reputation?" Hyukjae reminded him, but the brunet waved away the question. It wasn’t only Hyukjae’s popularity that had grown.  Donghae had become The King of Romance who could seduce women and men… and Donghae’s fan club had grown to include more men as a result.  It was the only downside to their popularity in Hyukjae’s opinion.  "Hae, the whole world has already seen us kiss. Everyone knows we live together, and after that house tour you did on your YouTube channel last month, they all know our apartment only has one bedroom. Even though we haven't announced our relationship, literally everyone knows."

"They only think they know."

Hyukjae chuckled and rolled his eyes. "They know, Babe, and they're fine with it. Actually, they love it. The kiss made me popular and you even more popular. And after your video, we got more job offers, not less." He ran his fingers through his boyfriend's silky hair and gave him another peck on the lips. "I've lost track of how many couple awards we've won, and NotLeeHyukjae says we're ‘adorkable.’ Trust me, we're not fooling anyone."

Donghae pouted at him, but then the brunet's eyes started to slide down to his chest again and Hyukjae burst out laughing. "Stop staring at my s!" Hyukjae crossed his arms across his chest to block the brunet's view. "It's not like you've never seen them before."

"Technically, I've seen Hyukjae's s… Those-" he pointed at his boyfriend's chest. "Those are Eunhyuk's s. It's different."

"No, it's not. They're the same s!"

"I wish all our action scenes were like this…" Donghae sighed wistfully.

"What? Topless?" Hyukjae smirked at the brunet. "I've been trying to do those kinds of action scenes with you since the beginning! How come you only want to do it now that we're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter