Powerless (Part 2)

The Great Ones

Ryujin trudged into the kitchen. She threw her purse on the kitchen table then trudged over to the fridge. Woozi was sitting at the table, a piece of a pretzel in his fingers. An open book laid in front of him.

”You okay?”

”Got my kicked, again.”

Ryujin took out a bottle of water and joined Woozi at the table. 

“Any update?” Ryujin asked as she opened her water bottle.

Woozi slid the open book to Ryujin then pointed at a paragraph. 

“An angel?” Ryujin said aloud as she read the title.

”Controls light, all angelic and stuff, seems like a good fit.” Yoongi said as he appeared from the living room. 

“So, how do we contact her again? Angel or not?”

Woozi took the book back and flipped a couple of pages ahead in the book. Ryujin took a long gulp of her water. 

Woozi stopped at a page, he read it over once then slid it over so the other two could look at it. 

The page showed directions to create a ritual to summon an angel. 

“Are you sure this is legit?” Yoongi asked.

”What else do we have to lose? We need to get in contact.”

”Let’s do it.” 

The three gathered the supplies. Woozi walked to the nearest store to buy white candles, Yoongi and Ryujin found the other supplies throughout the house. Woozi returned almost an hour later with the candles, and a few snacks. 

“If this doesn’t work, I didn’t want my trip to be for nothing.” Woozi said while unwrapping a candy bar.

Ryujin set up the ritual area, placing the two white candles in opposite sides of the living room. In the middle of the room she drew a circle made of chalk and salt. Woozi and Yoongi walked in from the kitchen. Woozi turned off the lights and lit a match and used it to light the candles.

”Now what?” Yoongi asked. 

Woozi threw the almost engulfed match into the circle. Suddenly, a pillar of light appeared inside the circle. When the light faded, a muscular man stood in the circle with his arms crossed. 

“Yes?” The man said, annoyance shown on his face and through his voice. 

“Are you-“

”Yes, an angel.” The man interrupted. 

“How did-“

”I know you were going to say that, yes I know. It’s an ability. Precognition.” The man sighed then stepped out of the circle. The lit candles melted as he passed. “And yes, we did take your powers.”

Ryujin stood in front of the man, who towered over her. “Why?”

”You were told why.”

”But we weren’t even given an explanation of why.” Woozi replied, joining Ryujin. 

“My name is Wonho.” The man said, his eyes focused on Ryujin. 

Ryujin looked to Woozi, “I was gonna ask him that.” 

“I figured.” 

Wonho turned around to eye Yoongi, “don’t try.” Yoongi opened his mouth to speak but before he could a dark shadow crawled out from under the couch behind him. 

Woozi nudged Ryujin and pointed. Wonho grew worried as the shadow grew in size. Yoongi finally turned around to see complete darkness. Before he could react, the shadow moved over him. His screams drowned out as if consumed him. 

“Yoongi!” Ryujin screamed, trying to save him. Wonho held her back with one arm, her struggling didn’t even faze him. 

Woozi covered his mouth in shock. Ryujin finally freed herself from Wonho’s grasp. However, before Ryujin could act, the shadow retreated back under the couch. 

Ryujin used her hands to lift the couch up, the pillows falling to the ground in the process. There was no sign of the shadow that took Yoongi. 

Wonho was visually shaken. His skin turned pale, his masculine demeanor shrunk to a form of childish fear. 

Woozi grabbed Wonho by his shoulder and turned him to get his attention, “Now would be a good time for our powers.”