The Truth Untold

All For You
"Jimin, wake up," Hoseok called out, as he tapped his roommate on the shoulder several times.
 
 
 
After noticing that his mere calls weren't working, Hoseok walked up to the window and opened the curtains.
 
 
 
Jimin's closed eyes were almost blinded by the immense sunlight.
 
 
He slowly sat up and looked at Hoseok, recalling the incident that happened last night which he merely remembered anything about.
 
 
Hoseok folded his arms over his chest and shook his head at Jimin like an upset mother of a spoilt teenager.
 
 
 
Jimin sighed.
 
 
"What did I do last night?" he asked Hoseok.
 
 
"A lot," Hoseok replied. "Maybe you should go to your workplace and ask your colleague who did so much to bring you back home. His name was something... Jeong...."
 
 
"Jungkook? He brought me home? !" Jimin exclaimed.
 
 
"Why the sudden disappointment? Something wrong?" Hoseok asked.
 
 
 
"No it's just... embarrassing to be handled by a junior..." Jimin said as he walked out of bed.
 
 
Hoseok laughed at Jimin's simplicity.
 
 
"I've kept your breakfast on the table. Have it and leave without too much delay, okay?" he told Jimin, before leaving for his own work as he slipped his black jacket on.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 
[34 new messages]
 
[13 missed calls]
 
 
Yoongi checked to see who the notifications were from.
 
 
Out of the 34 messages, 26 of them were from Jimin. 
 
The rest were from Namjoon.
 
 
And the missed calls? All of them were Jimin.
 
 
Just one of them was Namjoon.
 
 
 
He ignored every message and missed call again and sat on his couch, staring blankly at the turned off TV screen.
 
 
 
Yoongi sighed.
 
 
He knew that his behaviour was bringing pain to certain people.
 
 
But he didn't want to be like that. Not on purpose.
 
 
 
He had always loved Jimin a lot.
 
 
 
He first met Jimin through at a mutual friend's birthday celebration. 
 
 
Yoongi was never the type of guy to fall for people who were too flirty, but Jimin had done some kind of magic on him.
 
 
After exchanging numbers and talking for a few months, they started dating each other before they even realized.
 
 
He always thought about Jimin and gave Jimin lots of attention; perhaps Jimin was the only one who got that much attention from him.
 
 
 
But recently, he started drifting away from Jimin.
 
 
Not because he didn't love him anymore; but because he didn't want to hurt Jimin.
 
 
 
He wanted to go out for a change.
 
 
Yoongi dressed himself in a pair of black jeans topped with a black sweater, covered his head with a black cap and went outside.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
 
"So... how's everything going with your roommate?" Taehyung asked Hoseok, as he placed an empty tray in the sink.
 
 
"Well," Hoseok said, with a heavy sigh, "he made quite a mess yesterday night... luckily one of his new colleagues rescued him."
 
 
"How about his relationship status?" Taehyung asked in a soft tone, leaning forward.
 
 
Hoseok side eyed Taehyung.
 
 
"Why are YOU so curious?" he asked back suspiciously, with a hand on his hip.
 
 
Taehyung laughed awkwardly and walked away while shaking his head furiously. His humiliation was obvious.
 
 
 
While Taehyung was away, Hoseok noticed a man walking into the café.
 
 
There was just about an hour left for the café workers to go for lunch, hence there were only about 4 workers and only two customers sitting on one table, almost about to leave.
 
 
Hoseok walked up to the man, whose face wasn't quite visible due to the black cap that he wore, and told him; "Sir, there isn't much time to our lunch break. Would you like to order something quickly?"
 
 
The man looked up and removed his cap.
 
 
As soon as Hoseok made eye contact with him, he backed away a little and the smile on his face faded away.
 
 
"Yoongi? Great. Now I feel awkward... And bad."
 
 
Yoongi's face went from a tired expression to an apologetic one.
 
 
He looked down at his hands, avoiding eye contact with Hoseok.
 
 
"I- uh... I want... uhm," Yoongi gulped.
 
 
"Yoongi, it's okay. I won't disturb you regarding that issue again," Hoseok told him, "just tell me if you need anything."
 
 
Yoongi was still looking away.
 
"Uh, a glass of water would be enough." Yoongi said, softly.
 
 
 
Hoseok went and brought Yoongi a glass of water without any further enquiries.
 
 
After placing the glass on Yoongi's table, when Hoseok was about to walk away, Yoongi called out to him.
 
"Hoseok."
 
 
Hoseok turned around.
 
"Yes?" He asked.
 
 
"About yesterday..." Yoongi said while still avoiding eye contact, "I shouldn't have been that rude... Sorry."
 
 
Hoseok laughed.
 
"That's fine! I shouldn't have been that direct either," he explained, as he stood closer to Yoongi's chair. "I was just trying to help Jimin come out of his sad phase. I can't really see anyone be sad or unhappy."
 
 
Yoongi looked at Hoseok in awe.
 
 
"He's such a caring guy. Jimin's lucky to have someone like him look after him." Yoongi thought to himself.
 
 
Hoseok's happy-go-lucky attitude and bright smile made Yoongi feel comfortable.
 
 
He asked Hoseok to sit across him.
 
 
"Can I stay and talk to you?" Yoongi asked.
 
 
Hoseok looked around and said, "Uh, sure!"
 
 
 
"He's being nice to me suddenly? Well, that's interesting."
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
 
After having a short and warm conversation, Hoseok and Yoongi were now familiar with each other.
 
 
Yoongi felt a certain warmth while talking to Hoseok. A warmth that he never felt with anyone else ever before; not even with Jimin.
 
 
Hoseok sat and ate lunch with Yoongi for a change, as Taehyung had his lunch with the other workers.
 
 
"You know, Hoseok," Yoongi spoke up, "I've never opened up to anybody else this quickly."
 
 
"So should I consider myself lucky that you opened up to me?" Hoseok teased, while laughing.
 
 
Yoongi looked down and smiled wide, revealing his teeth and gums.
 
 
He looked up at Hoseok and admired the boy.
 
 
He hadn't laughed and smiled this much in months.
 
 
He felt horrible for the way he behaved with Hoseok the day before.
 
 
After lunch, Yoongi and Hoseok were sitting and chatting with each other in a nearby park.
 
 
 
"Hoseok do you want to know the real reason why I left Jimin?" Yoongi suddenly said.
 
 
Hoseok was taken aback. He looked at Hoseok with his mouth agape.
 
 
"What?" Hoseok asked, "I mean, yeah sure... If you want to..."
 
 
"I didn't want to break his heart." Yoongi said.
 
 
"Why would you be doing that? Could you elaborate?" Hoseok inquired.
 
 
 
Yoongi sighed as he fiddled with his fingers.
 
 
"I'm majoring in music, and soon I'll be leaving for continuing with my studies and making a proper career in Japan. I knew Jimin wouldn't be able to remain in a stable long distance relationship. That's how he broke up with his last girlfriend, you know that right?" Yoongi asked Hoseok.
 
 
Hoseok nodded.
 
 
"Well," Yoongi continued, "I realized that. And I'm a guy who's serious about his work. Jimin gets angry if I don't text him back within 3 hours, imagine what he'd do in a long distance relationship."
 
 
Hoseok partially agreed.
 
"But did you talk to Jimin about this?" he asked Yoongi.
 
 
"No. I know he'd be heartbroken and upset at that news. I don't want to break his heart while he still loves me. I want him to hate me before I leave, so that he doesn't miss me." Yoongi explained.
 
 
Hoseok felt touched.
 
 
He realized that he had mistaken Yoongi for a cold and bad guy. 
 
 
He realized that Yoongi really loved Jimin a lot.
 
 
 
Hoseok rubbed Yoongi's shoulder gently and gave him a warm smile.
 
 
 
"I'll always be here for you," he told Yoongi as he went back to his work, still thinking about the original reason for Yoongi's cold hearted behaviour.