Skinny Dipping

Skinny Dipping

Tonight was unusually bright. Maybe because we're never used to seeing this many stars in Seoul, but I thought it was quite a spectacular sight.

I heard a happy sigh as I turned off the engine of the convertible Jeep I rented as soon as we got here. I cannot help but smile when I turned to look at the person beside me. This person, too, is quite a pretty view.

"Who would have known you'd find a place as peaceful as this, huh?", she said as she jumped out of the Jeep and stretched.

We never really planned on going out tonight, but for some reason, we both wanted to have a short escape from all the hustle and bustle that we've been dealing with since our latest comeback.

"Jjong, help me out with the fire," I told her as I showed her how to gather pieces of twigs so I can make a small bonfire. Once we had enough, I took out my lighter and started the fire.

It's been a couple of minutes since one of us said something. I guess we were still in awe at how calm the lake looks at night and how relaxing the sound of the crickets are. This short break is proving to be a good idea after all.

"I've always wanted to go skinny dipping, you know." Jeonghwa broke the silence as she looked intently at the lake. She smiled a little after a few seconds and started playing with her fingers. If I didn't know any better, I would even say that she's blushing. If it was because of embarrassment, I guess I wouldn't really know.

"It's in my bucket list, and I really want to cross out a lot of stuff while I'm still young. No sense in going skinny dipping when you're 40, right?" She let out an awkward laugh, which I actually find endearing. It didn't seem like she's waiting for me to answer so I just smiled and waited for her to continue talking. "There's something attractive about being...free...liberated...bare. Like being invisible."

Being free does sound very enticing. I cannot even remember the last time I felt free to do anything I want without having to consider everyone else's feelings. It was a consequence of being a celebrity, I guess, and I've come to accept that already. I even made peace with the fact that I might not be able to be with the person I truly love because of being a public figure. It is frustrating to be overly-cautious all the time, but that's what the job demands. It's as simple as this: my happiness will never be as important as other people's happiness.

Maybe I was too engrossed in my thoughts and didn't immediately notice that Jeonghwa had stood up and dusted off the dirt from her shorts. She took off her slippers, picked up a handful of dirt and threw it onto the mini-bonfire.

"Ya! Why did you kill it? It's too dark witho..." I froze as I watch her walk towards the lake, removing one item of clothing at a time. She giggled, and even from behind, I can tell how excited she is in what she's about to do.

It was the perfect view - her moonlit silhouette. I can clearly trace her every curve.

She turned around to look at me as she stripped off of the last piece of clothing that she had on. "Mind joining me here?" She smirked as she tries to lure me into doing the same thing that she just did. "It's not fun doing this alone." Who could say 'no'?

As if in a trance, I stood up, stripped, left my clothes - and my thoughts - beside what was once our bonfire. I walked towards this beautiful blonde staring right back at me, satisfied, as if saying that she won me over.

She is every bit of right, though.

Jeonghwa won me over. She always had...

Ever since that night when she drunkenly confessed that I make her heart race every time we're alone together.

Ever since she unconsciously wrapped her arms around me when we slept over at the studio after a long night of recording and made me feel at ease.

Ever since she looked at me and her eyes said something that only my heart can understand.

She won me over even before I started to accept the fact that I have fallen for her, deeper than I could have ever imagined.

I went into the water, not looking away from the very eyes that I would love to look at forever. She smiled and I was reassured that I was about to do the right thing. I lean in without hesitations, not even a bit surprised when she met me halfway as if she had been waiting for this kiss for a long time.

"Had I known this is how it would play out, I would've asked you to go skinny dipping with me a lot earlier." She said as she leans in for another kiss.

Jeonghwa... you really are something else.