Lalisa Manoban

My First Love

 

 

สวัสดีค่ะ (sah-wah-dee-ka).

I'm Lalisa Manoban, 22 years old from Bangkok, Thailand but currently residing in Seoul, South Korea. I'm the Vice Captain of Cheerleading Squad of Seoul University.

I was an exchange student before but I love being here so I asked my parents if I could stay here to continue my studies and they just supported me. I'm already in my Senior Year majoring Business. It's not exactly what I want but it will help our family business. It is what it is.

I like photography and I hope one day, I will fulfill that.

So much for that, let's just skip my profile. I know, most of the students know me.

We're actually four in a group; me, Jennie, Chaeyoung and Jisoo. Our group is renowned in our campus because we're all part of the Cheerleading Squad and despite the fact that I'm the lead dancer, Jennie got the position of being the Cheerleading Captain because she has the confidence, the body, the talent and the charisma. I won't protest since she can handle the squad proficiently.

This is our final year here. 

Great. Good for me because until now, I think I'm not ready.

I had promised myself since freshmen that I would out myself when we reached our senior year and the time has come.

Yes, I am gay.

I can't say that I'm proud and loud, not yet.

3 years that I have concealed what really I am and I still don't know exactly what I am. I was bewildered by this overwhelming feelings inside me. 

But one thing is for sure, I'm in love with one of my best friends.

At first, I didn't want to acknowledge this intimacy because I wanted to maintain our platonic relationship. I thought it was just a crush or infatuation that would disappear but as the time went by, it became stronger and powerful that I couldn't control it anymore.

This intense sentiment grew and inevitably, it continues to grow. I wish I could just stop and end it but every time I tried, I would just fail.

We became closer and... closer for my liking. We kiss, we hug and we hold hands. She's so touchy and clingy. The skinship is too much but it's not that, I don't like it because I do. It's just... too much and it affects my innocent heart.

I really wanted to distance myself from her but I can't just do it because she will notice and definitely ask why. That's something I'm afraid to confront so I'm avoiding it but in return, I fell into a trap. A trap that's called Love.

I'm certain with my feelings for her but why her of all people? Why one of my best friends? And why a girl?

My addled mind still pondering why I changed my preferences in liking someone but for the record, I only like her. I'm not attracted to others, I'm only interested in her. It's kinda cheesy but for me, it's absurd. She only treats me like a best friend, a sister. Nothing more. 

But my heart is very sincere and loyal to her. I'm hopeless, I know.

By the way, it's my birthday today. I just turned 22 but 23 in Korean age.

After school, me and Jisoo went straight to our apartment to prepare dinner. 

Uh huh, the four of us are living together. We're renting an apartment close to the University.

I helped Jisoo to cook Fettuccine Alfredo and crispy chicken poppers. We also bought cake for me but of course, at their expense and I really appreciate their efforts especially Jisoo.

Chaeyoung and Jennie will be late because of some school stuffs. Actually, it made me a bit sad but I'm not mad and I understand them.

Besides, I can't be mad at her.

I was sitting in the living room where everything was already set up. The foods, drinks and balloons inspired by Jisoo. There were purple and yellow all over the place, our favorite colors.

Jisoo sat next to me "What's taking them so long? Aishh... it's kinda late."

"It's okay Jisoo unnie," I smiled at her.

Jisoo frowned "Of course, it's not okay. It's your birthday, our maknae." She put her arm around my neck and hugged me on side. "Happy birthday Lalisa!" She pecked me on cheek and we giggled. She's being sweet now because it's my birthday. I told myself.

Then someone barged through the main door, it was Chaeyoung followed by Jennie, they were holding paper bags "Happy birthday Lisa!" They greeted in chorus.

My world stopped when I saw her smiling at me like she's happy to see me, it's too good to be true.

Me and Jisoo stood up. They made a circle and I went in the middle then they hugged me. I could feel their love and they peppered me with kisses on face. This is overwhelming but I'm happy.

We laughed and they let go.

I stared at her lovingly, she's so beautiful. I almost forgot that we're not the only people here so I tried to be discreet.

But she noticed 'cuz I can't get my eyes off her, she stared back and smiled "I love you Lisa..." Then she hugged me again. 

My heart began to beat wildly with those three words that she uttered. 

"We love you!" She added then faced me.

If only you knew, you wouldn't say that.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

Who is Lisa's Love Interest? Any guess?

ขอบคุณค่ะ