~ 2

Married Off To The Prince

The rest of the time went by like it always does. The king continued his search for the perfect husband for his son and Hakyeon hasn't spoken to his dad ever since his dad told him that he would find the perfect husband for Hakyeon.

The king didn't care much for Hakyeon not talking to him, because this didn't mean that the king was going to stop with his search. The king was incognito and he kept an eye at every vampire, both men and women. The Cha kingdom was the first kingdom that didn't care for a gay king or a straight king on their throne, all the vampires were okay whoever was going to rule. But a king had to listen to his citizens whenever the vampires were facing issues.

The king sat down in a cafe and kept an eye on all the vampires, but didn't find anyone so far. None of them would be a perfect match for his son.

That changed when the king looked at the tables nearby the window. The king focussed on them and looked and each and every single one of them. The first table didn't contain any candidates to become Hakyeon's husband or wife, so the king moved to the other table. There were 4 tables nearby the window and also outside the cafe, there were 4 tables nearby the window.

The king's eyes rested on Taekwoon's friend Jae Young at first. Jae Young was young and according to the king, he had great facial features. But still, Jae Young wasn't something the king was looking for. And that's when his eyes were resting on Taekwoon. To the king, Taekwoon was exactly the perfect package of what he wanted for his son. Taekwoon was mysterious, quiet, but he was also sharing what went on in his mind. So the king moved from one table to another to sit closer to the two, so that he could listen to the conversation the two friends were having.

Taekwoon and his friend Jae Young visited the cafe a few times a week and this was also one of those moments that the two met in the cafe. And yet again, the main conversation was the announcement of the king.

The king smiled when Taekwoon denied yet again that he wasn't the perfect match for Hakyeon. The more he listened to the conversation of Taekwoon and his friend, the more the king was convinced that he found the perfect husband for his son.

The king got up from his seat and made his way to the two friends. Jae Young was the first one to look up, Taekwoon followed after he took a sip from his drink.

''You look pretty familiar, sir. You look like the king if I'm honest.'' Jae Young said and it was then that the king revealed himself, but told the two friends to keep it quiet. The king didn't want anyone to attack him and to let him know that they were a perfect match for the prince.

''You come with me. I've kept an eye on you for a few minutes and you are the perfect match for my son.'' the king said as he pulled at Taekwoon's arm.

Taekwoon looked at Jae Young with a confused look. He swore that he isn't a perfect match and yet the king wanted to take Taekwoon with him.

''Just go, Taekwoon. I'll be fine. The king has made his choice for the prince and you better not refuse everything.'' Jae Young said and smiled at the time that Taekwoon was pulled up from his seat by the king.

The two left the cafe and everyone kept looking at the king and they were surprised to see him dressed differently than they expected. Then, their eyes went to Taekwoon and they saw the confused look in his eyes. It happened in a flash that Taekwoon was chosen and Taekwoon still hoped that everything was a dream and that he could go home anytime soon, but it wasn't a dream.

The palace came into Taekwoon's sight and Taekwoon realised that it was real that he was going to meet the prince that he was going to marry. Taekwoon thought that it was too fast to get married, but he couldn't say no right now. He didn't want to make the Cha family feel ashamed, so he had to say yes whenever the two were going to face each other to get married.

''I understand that it all happened in a flash, but you are the perfect match for my son. I'm pretty sure that he'll like you. You see, my son doesn't like it that I choose his partner, because he is scared that he isn't going to marry someone who is as handsome as he is.'' the king explained and Taekwoon nodded. Taekwoon never has seen the prince, because the Cha's had their way of having privacy for their family. Once in a while, the family appeared in public.

''But what is your name if I may ask?'' the king asked and Taekwoon sighed, before he looked at the king.

''My name is Taekwoon, Your Majesty.'' Taekwoon responded and the king nodded, before a smile appeared on his face. He finally had found the perfect partner for Hakyeon.

When the two arrived at the palace, it became more of a reality for Taekwoon that his life was going to chance for good. He was going to meet the prince that he was going to marry within a certain amount of time. The two made their way inside and to the king's happiness, Hakyeon was in the hallway. Hakyeon stood with his back towards the two, but turned as soon as he heard footsteps behind him.

''I've found your partner, my son. I found him at the nearest cafe and I knew that he was the perfect match for you. My son, meet Taekwoon.'' the king said as he let go of Taekwoon. Hakyeon stood frozen in his spot, but Taekwoon bowed at him and took a few seconds before he looked the prince.

''Nice to meet you, my prince. As His Majesty the King already told you, he chose me to be your partner.'' Taekwoon carefully tried and he hoped that the prince wouldn't throw him aside.

But then, Hakyeon bowed aswell and a smile appeared on his face.

''Nice to meet you, Taekwoon. I'm prince Hakyeon, but you can call me Hakyeon instead. Now that you're going to be my fiance, I prefer you to call me Hakyeon instead.'' Hakyeon told the darkhaired vampire in front of him. The more Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon, the more he started to like him. Maybe his dad was right about liking his partner the moment he would meet him, because Taekwoon was someone he couldn't keep his eyes off.

''Why don't you take your fiance-to-be with you to the ballroom and have a chat with him?'' the king suggested and Taekwoon stepped forward, while he nodded. Hakyeon hooked in his arm and he took Taekwoon with him to the ballroom.

Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon again and a smile appeared on his face. He wouldn't agree easily with his dad if it comes to finding a partner, but he would agree with his father this time.

Hakyeon liked Taekwoon already...