Chapter 22 - Please Love A Man Like Me

Never Ever Gonna Let You Go

Jackson's POV 
~ A Month Later ~
"Alright, I finished eating dinner, you can leave now. I won't drink again." I told Jin-young as he started to clean up the dining table. "How do I know you won't? You say that, but then Mark-hyung tells me you drunk call In-ah early in the morning." Ever since the break up a month ago, In-ah hasn't contacted me at all. I would text her and call her, but she would never reply. Sometimes I would take a stroll up to her floor, but never gotten a response. 

After I confessed my love to her, the heart she refused to take, I have been in pain. I locked myself up not wanting to see the outside world. I told PD-nim, the manager and TEAM WANG, that I would take some time off and postpone my activities. Ever since the news of breaking up has gone public, so many negative comments were received on In-ah. Reading them about her was so hurtful to me that I completely shut off my SNS as well. 

"I promise I won't drink again. It's not like there is anymore liquor in the house." I told Jin-young as we relaxed on my couch. Besides Jin-young, all the other members postpone their individual activities as well to help take care of me. I said no, but they were so adamant about it. On a weekly schedule, they members would come on a different day. Jin-young usually came at night for dinner after his drama script readings and Mark-hyung came during the midnight to stay with me till morning. 

The day I lost In-ah, I lost my heart. I cried heavily, I had mixed emotions of depression, anger, frustration and denial. However, my whole mind was on her, worrying about if she was safe and protected. I promised her I would shield her from the demons she had and the hell she went through. I wanted to be beside her, love her, cuddle her. 

"Hey let's go for a walk along the Han River. Mark-hyung is there, walking Coco right now." Jin-young said as he got up to put on his shoes. "Come on hyung! It would be a breath of fresh air." He said looking at my hesitant look. Seeing that I couldn't defeat him, I put on my shoes and headed out with him too. 
                                                ********
"Guys over here!" Mark-hyung hollered as he waved across the park signaling for us. At night time the park and river were beautifully lit. Gleaming lights would reflect to give off a gorgeous view. However, at this moment, I could only think about In-ah. I brought her here, late night on one of our dates. I stared at her longingly while she took in the beauty of the dark lit night at the park. 

"Jackson, Coco missed you! Here take her for awhile." Mark-hyung said as he passed her over to me. At least I could delve into her cuteness for now. We all started walking along the cobblestone pathway. I was lost in my thoughts, while Mark and Jin-young kept chatting. 

Just then I heard a familiar voice. A laugh that I always treasured. I peered my eyes to look ahead. The back looked like In-ah as he was curvy and lean. I could spot her small stature anywhere. The man next to her also looked familiar, I feel like I have seen him somewhere. 

Unknowingly, I quickly passed Coco back to Mark and ran up to the two people in front. "In-ah!" I exclaimed as she immediately turned around. Joy came back to my face. It was her. 

"In-ah, beautiful! I thought I would never see you again!" I hugged her quickly when I caught up to her. However I didn't get a response back. Not wanting to make the situation more awkward, I hastily let go. 

"What are you doing here?! I haven't seen in a month! I been worried sick! Why didn't you contact me?! Are you well?!" My hands were still on her shoulders, but she immediately took them off. Jin-young and Mark-hyung caught up behind him. 

"Oh! Kim Hyun-woo right? We met at noona's place right?" Jin-young said as they both exchanged their greetings. I threw him a scowl not to engage him. Suddenly In-ah put her hand up. 

"Jackson please don't talk to me. We can't be seen together." She said without hesitation. Those few words pierced my heart sharply. "Babe please-" she looked away not wanting to hear my feelings. "Umm…. I will be over there when you are ready In-ah" Hyun-woo said as he backed away from us. She gave him a small nod and smile. Right then and there, my frustration started to rise up again. That smile was only supposed to be for me. Jin-young and Mark-hyung also moved away from us to give some privacy

"So I see you got a new boyfriend, huh? Trying to forget me?" I asked with a jealous tone. "Boyfriend? he's just a friend Jackson. Besides, why should you care, we broke up." Her gaze averted to the ground to avoid my eyes. Wanting her to face me, I immediately cupped her cheeks and brought her closer to me. I know she couldn't hold in her tears as she started crying heavily. 

"Měilì, I never stopped loving you. Everyday my thoughts were about you, waiting for your reply, waiting for you to change your mind." I said caressing her soft, tear stained cheek. 

"J-Jackson, we can't be together, I would be living in hate and guilt for the rest of my life. This is why I can't be with anybody. Problems occur when they are with me. This is why they leave!" She replied.

What was she talking about? Why build a wall? In a firm voice, I said "In-ah, look at me. Did I ever leave you? No. I have always loved you. You didn't ruin my career. I can always work for it again. I just want you in my life. Please don't leave me again. I love you! Wǒ ài nǐ!" 

"J-Jackson please let me go! I can't do this right now." In-ah let go from my  grip and walked back to Hyun-woo. I saw them leave in a distance as they walked back to his car. 

Jin-young and Mark-hyung came back as decided we should leave as well since it was getting late. 
                                              ******* 
All three of us came back home to my apartment. Mark-hyung dropped of Coco at Young-Jae's place on the way back. Just then I got call, with an unfamiliar number glowing on the screen. 

"Hello? Who is this? Jackson Wang speaking." I cautiously answered. "Jackson-sshi, this is Kim Hyun-woo speaking. Jin-young gave me your number while we were at the park." He replied. 

"What do you want? To boast how you got In-ah?" I asked in an icy tone. "Listen Jackson-sshi, we are purely platonic, just friends. I have been helping her this past month because she's been really stressed." He said politely. Considering his composure he sounded true and well mannered. "Alright continue, what is this about?" 

"In-ah has been staying at my place now for a while because ever since the gossip, she's been getting stalked and random threats." Hyun-woo explained the whole situation about what happened to In-ah the past month. 

"She didn't tell you because she felt like it was a burden. But Jackson, she does truly love you. I remember one night, she got drunk because she was depressed. The moment until she slept, your name was the only one she would mention." He continued. Hearing what happened, broke my heart, the sacrifices she made just keep my career and hard work alive. In-ah was always headstrong in her beliefs which led her to be selfless. That's the whole reason she let go of me, but I didn't want her to. 

"Hyun-woo-sshi, my apologies for getting jealous. Thank for taking care of her in this situation. I hope we can become friends here on out." I complimented him on his consideration. 

"No problem! It's alright, anybody would be jealous in your situation." He replied.

"Actually, could I meet you tomorrow? I have an idea I would like to discuss with you. It's a plan to get her back and fix this!" I asked waiting for his reply. 

"Definitely! Message me the details. I will do whatever I can to help!" Just like that we said our greetings and hung up the phone. 

"So what did Hyun-woo-sshi say?" Mark-hyung asked. I told Jin-young and Mark about how In-ah was being stalked, so she stayed over at his place for the time being. Then I mentioned my ultimate plan to get her back. I knew this was the only way.