Chapter 13 - Jealously, An Unnecessary Emotion

Never Ever Gonna Let You Go

In-ah's POV

You know in those dramas and movies, how the heroine wakes up in the morning after a sudden romance scene. She has that sun kissed glow, dreamy expression and can't wait to see her lover? Well yeah, I was the opposite of that. When I woke up, pieces of last night's emotional roller coaster came back to me. Jackson had kissed me! I frantically covered myself in the blankets cursing my body for enjoying the kiss. Do I like him? But he's an idol?! He even proposed in Mandarin! Why does he have to be so romantic?!  My phone rang at that time same time, seeing I needed to get ready for lab today.

After cleaning up my sleepy, tiresome self, I grabbed my coffee thermos, bag and laptop to head out. I began locking my door as I heard my name across the corridor.

"Good morning gorgeous! Are you headed out for work already? Sorry I'm late for breakfast. Let me give you a ride to work!" Jackson had a chirpy expression this morning. It was so obvious that he was waiting for an answer. However, now was not the time because I needed to sort out my thoughts.

"J-Jackson…. Hi, good morning….. I actually have to leave, bye!" I quickly said my greetings as I swept past him to quickly avoid his contact. Was it obvious that I acted awkwardly?

The bus was right on time as I reached the station. I peeked around my surroundings to confirm that I had not been followed. During the ride, I decided to go through a pros and cons list of dating Jackson.

Pros: Obviously a very passionate, humble guy. Being an idol is plus. Can cook and work around the household well. Loves children, very responsible and caring for me. Seems trustworthy enough.

Cons: Being an idol is minus. Date in secret. Possibly his career would fall. Have different schedules from time to time. Always busy. Travels a lot. Big social network. Media and SNS plastered all over him.

Just then, one big con came to mind, staying in Korea is not permanent. What if we did date and I did have to leave? Having a long distance relationship over thousands of miles is not ideal.

Why does this have to be so hard?! This why I tried to steer clear of relationships ever since my ex boyfriend. It messes up my peaceful function.

"Here is your stop, miss, Hallym University! Have a good day!" I bowed cordially to sweet bus driver as I got off at my stop.

Time for work, no more distracting thoughts. Since I had time before work, I walked over to the professors'  lounge to grab some paperwork for completion later.

"Good Morning In-ah-sshi! Nice to see you bright and early! How are you?" Kim Hyun-Woo gave me an ecstatic smile as he was filling up his coffee. When I first got introduced to him, I thought he walked right out of a drama or a fashion magazine. Instead he was just an upbeat professor teaching biology courses. Thanks to him I got to know my way around the university. He was also very generous in helping me with reading and writing in Korean as well.

"Uhhh….. you know same old routine, relaxing at home and working from time to time." That was a bold faced lie, I know. However, I wasn't going to tell my colleague any personal details, we were not that close.

"You work too much! Relax a little, I understand being a professor and project lead is quite stressful. Actually, are you free for dinner tonight?" He asked curiously me. I thought to myself, me and a man that looks like a sculpture, having dinner?

"J-Just as friends and colleagues though, nothing more. We just hadn't had the time to get to know each other since you came." Hyun-woo cautiously stared at me while sipping his caffeinated drink.

"Sure, why not? Tonight at 7? Text me the details!" I agreed unknowingly. It was harmless and plus it would help me get my mind off my tangled thoughts about Jackson.

"Awesome, text me your address! I will pick you up. Much easier than waiting for you to navigate. God knows where you will end up being directio challenged." He laughed as we both headed out for perspective ways. I waved to him bye as we separated.

                                                     *******

'Arrived at your door!' - Kim Hyun-Woo

I read the text as I began to hastily organize my purse. Before leaving I checked my outfit one last time. I didn't want to seem too dressed up, this was not a date obviously, just two colleagues meeting for dinner. So instead, I paired some blue skinny jeans, black heels, a plain white tee and a black leather jacket. I kept my make up minimalistic

"Wow, you look great!" He stood in front of me as he eyed me up and down. Honestly at this point, it would be neat if I had telepathic powers based on his suspicious smile. "Not so bad yourself" God, he should just really end up being an actor, he dressed up as if he stepped out of drama scene. We both exited the apartment complex as we left for the restaurant.

When we got there, my eyes started to curiously wander. There were a lot of couples here. Why did he bring me here?

"Sorry don't feel uncomfortable, this is a well rated place, but gets busy on Friday nights for couples." he nervously said. Probably thought I would walk out because of the atmosphere. "Let's start ordering, what do you want" Hyun-woo flipped through the menu as he waited for my answer.

"Whatever is good, you know the place better than I do." I sweetly said. Just then the waitress came around to take our orders and gave us our waters. Hyun-Woo ordered us some wine and cream pasta for dinner entrees.

"So, how do you like living Cheongdam-dong? Getting around well?" Now I know I have been comparing him to those guys in dramas, but how could I not? He was giving one me one of those expressions where any female lead would be melting.

"It's okay, I have always been directionally challenged, so I need a GPS to map any places not near the apartment." I sipped at my wine glass trying best to avoid his eye contact.

"Hmm, I remember when you first came to the University. You were so freaked out about being late and finding the classroom. Be thankful that I was there." Hyun-woo haughtily chuckled avoiding my scowl.

"Also I wanted to ask, do you have a boyfriend?" I felt a burn in throat as I choked on my wine. "I thought this was just a dinner between colleagues." My voice took an icy turn. Who was he to ask me such personal questions

"Listen Hyun-woo-sshi, I don't openly tell my personal life to anyone, especially colleagues. Now if we could leave the matter alone, it would be much appreciated." He cleared his throat as he apologized. Luckily, the food just came in time. As we eat, there was some silence, but Hyun-woo tried to make some small conversation by talking about himself.

After dinner, the drive back to my apartment complex was silent. I could tell that my stern tone previously made the atmosphere more tense. We walked to the third floor. "In-ah I'm sorry about the question earlier, so stupid of me. Could we stay friends?" Hyun-woo asked just as he was about leave.

I warmed up to his apology. "Sure, I forgive you. Sorry for my cold response earlier." We both smiled in response and he gave a handshake as we parted.

I entered my apartment and took off my shoes. Time for a nice hot shower before bed. It would help me sleep easier. Before I was about to head to my room to clean up, the doorbell rang again. Was it Hyun-woo again? Did he forgot to say something? Did I forget something in his car? I opened the door to check and right in front of my eyes were my special idols-my now close friends-staring at me. What was surprising is that Jackson had a cold, stern expression.

Jackson's POV

"Ummm…. Can I help you boys? It's late yet you all are here? Is there a problem to be resolved?" In-ah arched a brow with her crossed arms. Not saying a word, I casually walked inside with the members following me. Like usual, the younger members gave her a bear hug. "Noona! Good to see you again! Also you are rocking this outfit today!" BamBam gave her a compliment as she shyly said thanks. Right then she immediately got back to her firm voice

"Now why are you all here again? It better be good." She crossed her arms and stood like she was getting ready for a match.

"Look In-ah, we were all at Jackson's place. But then when he came up to see you, he saw a guy dropping you off at your place. So because of that, he called us up too." Mark-hyung sighed as he said with a frustrated look. He told me beforehand to deal with this on my own.

"Yeah, he practically forced us to come up here. I think he's afraid of your anger." Jin-young laughed as he was browsing through In-ah's novels. I threw him a smug expression to be quiet. Why were they not taking my situation seriously?!

"Where did you go tonight?! Who was that guy? How is he related to you?" My tone started showing irritation as it got louder.

"First of all I went out to dinner with him. He is a colleague at the University and just a friend, nothing more. Besides why do you care so much? Are you jealous perhaps?" In-ah gave me a haughty chuckle.

"Fine! Yes I'm jealous! You should have told me where you were going! This morning you were acting awkward. Did our kiss mean nothing to you?!" I let out all the frustration that needed to be heard by In-ah. I gave up my heart to her a long time ago hoping in return she will give me hers.

"Wait, you guys kissed?!" Both of us turned to face the members as they were staring at us with their mouths open. I could see from the corner of my glances that In-ah’s ears were red as strawberry

"I knew something went on….." Jin-young said with a detective like smile. Mark-hyung suddenly realized the situation and took over the awkwardness

"Guys let's go, this conversation is between them. They will tell us when ready." Mark-hyung started ushering the members out of In-ah's place

"Jackson, In-ah we I'll see you guys tomorrow. Bye and goodnight." Jae-beom said as he was dragging the younger ones who wanted to stay and watch this ongoing drama.