No, You Can't

TWCLND

Sana’s brown eyes walk around the fridge. They jump from the upper case to the lower case. From coca-cola to pepsi. And while her eyes is dancing and her mind is spinning, her head is tilting in motion.

Hmm.” She mutters. Cutely.

Tick, tick, tick.

Sana notices the clock ticking above her. 12.12 PM. This hits her. She has been doing nothing but stare at the refrigerator for the past five minutes. Her hand then moved itself to grab a drink from the upper case.

JYP ENTERTAINMENT BUILDING, DANCE PRACTICE ROOM #2

She immediately goes back to the practice room where she finds Mina sitting next to the huge mirror, attention locked to her phone, mindlessly. Sana takes a seat on the long couch across the mirror and gulped in the can of coca-cola.

Wait I took the coca-cola?” Sana says to no one but herself. She thought she took the pepsi. And after staring at the can in confusion, she gulps the can anyway.

She burps. Loudly. While at the same time, Mina coughs. Just as loud, if not louder. This snatched Sana’s attention. Her head turns to Mina.

You alright there?” Sana asks in the mother tongue they share.

Yeah, I’m fine.”

Doesn’t sound like it.” Sana almost clicked her tongue.

Sana, I’m fine.” Mina says. “You wanna go again?

Uhh, sure let’s go.

Mina stood up. Tediously. She took center position in the room. Right in front of the huge mirror. Sana went to the computer sitting on a desk next to the door. She drags the mouse to pick an audio file with the name TRAINING #18.

A loud and fast electronic music starts playing and the two dances along with it. Sana dances with power and a subtle taste of sweetness, as the y cutie she is. Meanwhile grace, agility, and beauty should be the words used to define Mina’s dancing. Except that now, she is not any of those. She’s unimpressing and almost ponderous.

Sana takes notice of this, but Mina is probably just tired. They’ve went three times with this quick song.

Until, out of nowhere, Mina bursts herself to cough uncontrollably.  

Woah!” Sana shouts as she dashes to the computer to stop the music.

And when Mina stopped, she utters “I’m fine.” as it’s her last breath.

No you’re not. You ARE NOT Fine.

What gives?

Are you playing dumb? Your coughs are far from normal.

What, no. I’m completely okay” Mina says as a big hard cough ironically follows her words.

You’re pretty far from okay, Myoui…

How many times do I have to tell you¾

Oh for god’s sakes. I’m telling Jihyo.”

You wouldn’t dare.

I would, and I’m doing it now.” Sana says as she took her phone.

Mina stares at Sana. “I can still do the show.

Sure you can.” She stares back with a phone on her ear dialing.