Forgotten Hopes and Love

One of Those Days...

(POV ---- Dongwoon)

I texted Nikki because she and Hyunseung had not talked at all. Not once,and even though Hyunseung was trying to act like he didn't care, it was so obvious that he did. I could tell that he missed her. I wanted to ask him if he liked her, but I'm pretty sure he would just get angry or something at me. I was glad that she accepted it. 

The next day, we woke up around 10 AM. I hadn't told Hyunseung that we were hanging out with Nikki, just that we were hanging out... We both got ready and when we finished it was around 11:30 AM. We headed out to the cafe that Nikki and I planned for tomorrow. 

We came early, but so did Nikki, in fact, right when we sat down is when she came in. I waved to her and then she smiled and waved. I looked at Hyunseung he started giving me a frown. I knew he would be mad, I mean I didn't tell him about it... Oh well, they need to talk. Like now. 

She sat down and she said, "So how are you guys?"

"I'm good what about you?" I said.

"I'm good as well, actually you could say great." she answered.

"Did something good happen to you lately?" I asked.

I looked at Hyunseung hoping that he would say something, anything, but nothing came out. Just him pouting and being angry, although it didn't really phase Nikki at all. I bet she was already used to his behavior, or the thing that happened must've been really good.

"Yeah, umm actually this answer is for Hyunseung." she turned toward him and said, "Well... I didn't want to admit this, or for you to win or anything, but you won the bet."

He perked up, and asked, "Wait, what?"

"You won the bet." she repeated.

The bet? Oh yeah, the bet. I remember that's the only reason why the keep in touch. Forgot. How is Hyunseung going to handle this. Nikki then said, "So what do you want me to do?"

He said, "Nothing."

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing, I hope you enjoy your life with Daniel, have fun. Also, since the bet is over we don't need to keep in touch anymore, so don't contact me anymore." he said.

He stood up and walked out of the store. Did he really just say that? I looked at Nikki, her smile disappeared from her face, and she looked down. I could see a small tear escape from her eye. I asked, "Nikki, I'll be back. I'll talk to him for you."

I stood up to follow Hyunseung, but then she caught my hand. She looked up with a tearful smile and said, "No, it's alright, it's what he wants and we said that we had to do anything the winner wanted the loser to do. I have to follow it."

"But Nikki, he may just be spitting out words." 

"He may be, but it'll be alright."

"How can you trick yourself into thinking this?"

"I don't know, you just let go of all your feelings in your heart."

"That's impossible to do, I'm going after him."

I released my hand from her grasp, and ran after Hyunseung. I saw him standing around the corner of the coffee shop just looking up. I said, "Hyunseung, you're going to be seen."

He simply said, "I don't care anymore."

"Hyunseung, why did you say that?"

"Because I don't want to bother her anymore."

"Were you ever bothering her in the first place?"

"I don't know, but it's better if we just go back to how our life was before, she won't be bothered by me anymore."

"Well I ask again, why do you think you were bothering her?"

"Because, she is finally happy, she got what she wanted all along, she's not alone anymore. And I don't want to stand in the way of her happiness."

"Why would you be in her way?"

"I-I love her. I've loved her. This whole time."