A maknaes mission

Of Stealth and Evasion Skills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: A Maknaes mission

 

Shim Changmin has always prided himself as the smartest and most perceptive member of his group, heck, even the smartest guy in his company if he was being sincere. No need for modesty, just the truth, plain and simple. But even He, found Kim Jaejoong's behavior to be rather odd at times. Ok, like, all the time, but that was neither here nor there. 

 

 And no, he was not belittling his intellect, after all figuring out Kim Jaejoong is a task that only Jung Yunho, the man's boyfriend, could claim to have mastered, maybe, in a good day anyway.

 

And even though it was public knowledge that Jaejoong's image was somewhat different from his true personality, the fact was that very few people actually understood the depth of Jae's deceive. He was like a chameleon, always changing, adapting and wearing different masks at any given period of time.

 

The last time Changmin attempted to analyze and predict his hyung's mood he ended up confused and with a throbbing headache. So, he figured that the best way to cope with Jaejoong's mood swing was going with the flow and pray for the best.

Because yes, even evil maknaes knew when to lay low and play along. And if there were added benefits to it, he was all game. As long as there was the promise of food he could accept almost any deals.

 

Better to be in the man's good side.

 

Even if that meant, sometimes, going against his leader and doing some good old spying work.

 

Which is why, at exactly 7:17 am in the morning, he found himself in front of Yunho's apartment in Seoul to check on the man as per orders of JJ himself. Because apparently the leader was acting strange and Jaejoong was concerned about his health. Changmin could not help but sigh, and reprimand himself for being a softie, as he entered the password code in the entrance. Really, things would not be so complicated if the two of them were just honest and stopped trying to hide from the other. However, that was too mainstream and therefore not YunJae's style.

 

Sometimes he really felt like a babysitter. Ah, the things he did for his hyungs.

 

Besides, it was not like he was being disloyal to Yunho, it was more like having ones best interests at heart: Yunho would be taken care of and he could fulfill his duties as a friend.

 

Hmp! Jaejoong better keeps his word about that Korean BBQ course he promised!

 

As he entered the apartment Changmin noticed how quiet it was inside. The lights were all off, obviously, the owner was still asleep, which was odd, because Yunho was usually an early riser.

 

Silently stepping to the master room the young man wondered what to report to Jae, but since his last message the night before, at 11 pm, the man did not show any other signs of life. Being coped with his own schedule until the early morning Changmin could only check his phone and therefore Jaejoong´s message at that time. So instead of going to his own home and rest, he decided to just follow the orders on the message and head straight to his leader's apartment in order to report his findings to the oldest man.

 

And true to his expectations as soon as he opened the room’s door he spotted a big lump on the bed. The figure huddled below what appeared to be two sets of blankets.

 

Sighing with contempt the maknae walked to the bed determined to check his leader’s condition. Now he understood why Jaejoong was so concerned. Knowing Yunho, he must have surely concealed any discomfort he might have been feeling. The stubborn man.

 

Standing next to the bed Changmin could barely see the top of Yunho’s head, with his messy black hair sticking in all direction. So he grabbed the edge of the blanket and pulled to uncover the big body hiding underneath.

 

Startled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter