The Perfect Place

Guess we have to live together

A/n: sorry about this one, I just finished my kunten fic. I decided to finish that first bec. It was a research intensive fic and I was afraid that i will not be able to finish it if I won’t write it now.

 

 

 

---

 

Searching for a place to hold the wedding that will respect the hybrids and provide enough security was a task but Jaehyun managed to get hold of places they could look at. Ten, johnny, Taeyong, Yuta and Mark went to do ocular. There would at least be 50 guests and they did not want to book a venue that is cramped. The places that Jaehyun got were all charming but it was a bit generic, nothing is clicking with them, and it seemed too impersonal for them.

 

“I just don’t feel it.” Taeyong remarked and Ten clicked his tongue.

 

 

“I get you. It’s not you.” Ten tried to explain but it confused Mark who scrunched his nose cutely. “Are you tired honey?” Ten asked Mark who yawned and then turned to settle himself on Yuta’s lap, the omega hybrid immediately adjusting the cub to make him comfortable.

 

 

“What are we trying to achieve?” Johnny asked as he took out his camera to take shoots of Mark and Yuta.

 

 

“I don’t know, something cozy and intimate, you know.” Taeyong shrugged and allowed his tail to wrap with Yuta’s own tail.

 

“We could just hold your wedding in a barn with the cows.” Ten groaned and that made Taeyong think then took out his phone to show to Ten.

 

Ten took the phone and his eyes went wide as he saw the pictures saved by the hybrid. It was chic and savvy, but beautiful and warm.

 

“A Barn!” Ten exclaimed with a smiled and Taeyong nodded.

 

 

“I am not sitting on hay.” Yuta remarked and it made both Taeyong and Ten laugh.

 

 

“Of course not.” Ten reassured him and then called Jaehyun to help him find some barns.

 

 

In the meantime, Taeyong showed the pictures to Yuta and it made the other hybrid smile wide. It was what they wanted, something they can personalize and still be comfortable and warm. Wedding halls were all generic but an unconventional venue will give them more control over the customization.

 

 

While Jaehyun scouted for the venue, Ten had told them to visit the bakery for the cake tasting. The sound of cakes made Taeyong agree almost instantly while Yuta shook his head. Johnny took the sleeping cub and they made their way back to the car to drive off for the bakery.

 

It was a quaint shop with beautiful mock cakes displayed on the store window display. They entered the shop and were greeted by a fox hybrid with a pinned name tag Minghao. “How may I help you?” The cat asked.

 

“Kun booked us a consultation.” Johnny said and showed him the email from Kun.

 

 

“Oh, You’re Kun-ge’s friends!” Minghao chirped. “I’m Sicheng’s brother.”  He introduced himself. “The consultation room is at the back, Joshua hyung will be with you shortly.” Minghao led them to the room and the group was at awe with the place, it was human and hybrid friendly, and staff mixed to cater to everyone.

 

“Hao?” A dog hybrid called out.

 

 

“They are Kun ge’s friends Mingyu.” Minghao explained.

 

 

“Oh Jaehyun’s friends too right?” Mingyu asked and Johnny nodded, making the dog wag his tail and smile wide. “I’ll get the samples ready!” He chirped and went at the back.

 

 

“He’s a labrador hybrid, so his energy is quite a handful.” Minghao explained.

 

 

“Oh, that figures.” Ten laughed.

 

‘But I love him so, you know, you tolerate that.” Minghao said and the four grinned.

 

They entered the room and were given chairs to seat at. Minghao offered the couch for Mark to sleep in and Johnny was thankful for the assistance. A few minutes later, the head baker Joshua greeted them but two hybrids, a mated lion pair, followed him. They smelled the room and immediately ran to the couch where Mark was sleeping. Seeing them ran, Taeyong was quick enough to stop them and growled, baring his teeth at the bigger cats. Yuta ran to them as well and shielded Mark, hissing at the bigger cats as well.

 

 

“Cheolie, Hannie, stay back.” Joshua ordered. “I said. Stay back!” He said more sternly when the two still did not move. The order made the two lions lower their head and walked back towards joshua.

 

 

“Shua, we smelled a lion!” the alpha, cheolie or Seungcheol, said.

 

“We mean no harm.” Hannie or Jeonghan, the omega, added, making Joshua sigh.

 

 

‘It was rude, apologize.” He instructed and the two nodded and bowed their heads and apologized to the guests.

 

 

Taeyong relaxed and so did Yuta. They apologized as well just as Mark woke up with rumbling tummy.

 

“awm huwgry.” Mark said and Yuta scooped him up and walked back to his chair.

 

 

“Oh! We’ll get food!” Seungcheol said with a smile and pulled Jeonghan out into the kitchen to grab some treats.

 

 

“I apologize, they are tame most of the times unless their heat is up. It was unusual for them to behave like that despite being a big cat hybrid.” Joshua explained.

 

 

“They may have smelled Mark, he’s our foster kid.” Johnny explained and upon the mention of his name, Mark waved at the man.

 

 

“He’s a lion cub! No wonder.” Joshua laugh and then smiled at the boy. ‘Who’s your dad?” He asked and the little cub grinned and pointed to Ten and Johnny.

 

 

“He was abandoned.” Ten supplied and Joshua frowned.

 

 

“Terrible people.” He gritted. “But I am sure he’s in safe hands now?” Joshua asked and the four nodded. “Anyway, so who’s getting married?” Joshua asked and Yuta and Taeyong raised their hands. “Oh, I should’ve figured since you both were in sync already, just like cheolie and Hannie.” Joshua chuckled. “Beautiful breeds by the way.” Joshua remarked and the four thanked him. “Shall we talk about the cake design?” Joshua asked and the four nodded.

 

 

“We’ll feed him!” The two lions shouted when they returned and it made Johnny laugh.

 

“Don’t hurt him.” Yuta glared and both lions nodded like a puppy. Yuta then handed the cub and kissed his forehead before returning to the table for the consultation.

 

 

“Hey baby boy, whats your name?” Jeonghan asked and Mark looked at the omega and found him warm like Yuta.

 

“Mowrk!” The cub chirped and the mated lions cooed at him.

 

 

“Excuse them, they were planning to start a family themselves, and I guess they are ready.” Joshua said with fond eyes.

 

“They’ll be great parents.” Yuta assured him.

 

“Can I take pictures?” Johnny asked and Joshua nodded, the photographer stood and prepared his gear.

 

“We are thinking of a simple three-tier cake.” Ten said and showed Joshua some sample designs. “the theme is fated like the stars and we plan to hold it in a barn, a bit intimate with all the fairy lights.” Ten said and Joshua nodded.

 

 

“A white cake?” Joshua asked.

 

 

“Go crazy. Black, Dark blue and gold.” Taeyong supplied.

 

“Ah, what are your star signs?” Joshua asked and both hybrids raised their brows.

 

 

“I am a cancer.” Taeyong replied

 

“I am a scorpio.” Yuta replied.

 

 

“The most compatible pair.” Joshua laughed. “It is fated like the stars.” He added then sketched the cake. “I think a galaxy cake, and we will highlight your star signs.” Joshua said and the three looked at him intently. “we will use gold dragees for highlight.” The three nodded like obedient students. “But I want to make it a surprise cake, when you cut into it, we can have rock candies that will look like gem stones, ruby and tourmaline.” Joshua said and Yuta’s eyes were wide.

 

 

“It’s Perfect!” He remarked and Joshua thanked him.

 

 

“Can we get the sketch after the wedding? We want to document it.” Ten said and Joshua nodded.

 

“Of course you can have it.” Joshua replied with a smile.

 

 

“Oh, we are also planning to submit photos of Yuta and Taeyong’s photos to independent magazines, we want to include your cake, we will give credits.There’s no guarantee that they will get published though” Johnny asked Joshua who smiled and nodded.

 

“Sure, that would be lovely. Update me of the status.” Joshua replied.

 

“Shua!!!” Seungcheol called his hooman. “Can we have cubs?” Seungcheol asked while hugging Mark.

 

“Please?” Jeonghan asked while pouting.

 

“We’ll talk about it okay?” Joshua replied and the two nodded.

 

 

“Dwad!” Mark called out and Johnny picked up the cub and gave him to Ten.

 

 

“Time for samples!” Joshua announced and Taeyong as excited.

 

 

Jeonghan and Seungcheol rushed back tot he kitchen only to be stopped by Minghao, because Mingyu wanted to present them the cakes. The two lions pouted but allowed the labrador to present the cakes and introduced the flavors one at a time. Taeyong was in cloud nine tasting the cakes and he was at every bite.

 

“Not fond of sweets?” Mingyu asked Yuta who nodded

 

 

“They are delicious though.” Yuta assured him.

 

 

“We could lessen the sugar, and use tart filling like strawberries or mangoes.” Mingyu offered.

 

 

‘That would be good.” Yuta smiled at him.

 


”You’re pretty!” Mingyu remarked and that made Minghao and Taeyong  growl at him, the labrador cowered making Yuta laugh.

 

 

“You’re skittish huh” Yuta asked and Mingyu nodded.

 

 

‘I am afraid of Hao. He’s not good when he’s angry.” mingyu shuddered.

 

‘Oh like Sicheng huh?” Ten asked and Mingyu nodded.

 

“they are Brothers.” Taeyong shrugged.

 

 

---

 

Jaehyun entered the apartment like he owned it and sashayed over to the kitchen where Ten was busy organizing the pictures that they will send to the magazines. “Hey Hyung!” Jaehyun greeted and Ten raised a brow at him.”I found a barn!” Jaehyun announced and handed him the envelope where the listing was printed. Ten looked at it and hugged Jaehyun before telling him that there are donuts by the oven.

 

It was love at first sight when they visited the barn, it was just a little out of Seoul and the place was over looking a small lake. It looked like they were havign a vacation and it was  just what they envisioned. The main house can also be rented so they could spend a few days before or after the wedding, and the family that owned there were very kind and just happy to have people and hybrids over.

 

They have an adoptee hybrid who helped around. He was a hamster hybrid but he insisted of being a tiger, much to the chagrin of the couple’s son. ‘He really is not a tiger.” Jihoon, the couple’s son said. “but we let him be, it makes him happy.” Jihoon shrugged as he let the way towards the barn.

 

The barn was perfect, it was clean and already decked with wooden floors.

 

“We got a wedding done here before.”  Jihoon informed him.

 

“Oh, really?” Ten was intrigued.

 

“Yeah, it was beautiful.” Jihoon said and Ten was convinced that this is the place. “who’s getting wed?” Jihoon asked and Ten nudged his head towards the two cats in conversation with Soonyoung. “Oh, really? You’re going to give your hybrids a wedding?” Jihoon was surprised and Ten nodded. “Awesome. Not a lot of mates can be given that privilege.” Jihoon said and Ten nodded.

 

 

“Yuta hyung and Taeyong hyung are both lucky to be treated as family members, they are even luckier to be mates; they are fated.” Ten said and Jihoon nodded.

 

“Fated indeed.” Jihoon agreed.

 

 

“We’ll take pictures for reference on decorations and if you allow it, we are planning to submit some pictures for possible publications.” Ten informed Jihoon who nodded.

 

 

“No problem with me.” Jihoon said and within seconds, Soonyoung was hugging him excitedly and telling him about the beautiful pair of Yuta and Taeyong.

 

 

Ten smiled seeing them and something clicks inside him, but he’ll just keep that to himself. He turned around to look for his boys and both hybrids pointed towards the lake. Ten walked out of the barn and walked towards his boyfriend and baby. Ten walked up to them and Johnny smiled and gave him a peck on the lips before Mark gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

 

“How is it?” Johnny asked.

 

 

“Perfect.” Ten smiled.

 

 

“This is really going well, I am happy.” Johnny said and smiled at Ten.

 

 

“It really is.” Ten laughed and hugged Johnny’s side.

 

 

-----  

 

 

A/n: updates will just be slow but I will work on them. Thank you for supporting this work!