DJ Ducky ( Yena : Seungkwan )

Lets Go (Seventeen and Izone)

*****

Yena

"This is Choi Yena at your service and for our closing track, this is Winter Bear by V reminding you to sleep soundly, beautifully and peacefully just like a Winter Bear- bye" Yena turned off the microphone as she played the track on air. 

She sighs for a bit before leaning on her chair closing her eyes, removing her headphone as V's voice resonate inside the studio. 

A knock on the glass brought her out of her thoughts, she opened her eyes to see Oreo her sound engineer pointing her thumb to a person behind her. 


Seungkwan stood on the side, when Yena looked at him he raised Yena's bag and pointed at his watch. 

Yena looked at hers. 


Her eyes widened. 
 

"" she cursed rushing away from the booth grabbing her phone on the side and cursed, even more, when it didn't open. 

No wonder why it didn't alarm. 

The Booth door opened, Seungkwan raised his eyebrows at her and tossed her bag. 

"Hurry" he said. 

She caught the bag before it plummed to her face, she tied her hair quickly in a ponytail before she went outside. 

Seungkwan must have been at the hallway already. 

"Thanks for today, see you tomorrow," she said to Oreo before closing the door on her way out.
 

******

 Seungkwan


"AHHH we're finally done," Yena said stretching her arms. 

"You weren't even listening to the lecture I saw you dozing off a few times before Kimi nodge you awake"

"Half of it. I wasn't dozing off at the beginning" 

Seungkwan stopped on his tracks as Yena's phone rang.  She brought it out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID.  She seemed reluctant before she answers it

"Oppa?" 
 

Seungkwan stood beside her awkwardly as Yena talked on the phone. 

It's probably her boyfriend. 

Seungkwan thought. 

She'd been dating a college guy for a year already.
 

They must have fought because she's speaking low and a bit off. 

Annoyed even. 

What are you still doing with him Yena-ya

"Okay bye bye" Yena hangs up and faced Seungkwan. 

"Your boyfriend?" He asked even though he knew. 

"Yah, he wanted to talk. Let's go?" Seungkwan nodded and went ahead. 

*****

Yena


"You'll be sleeping there?" Mom asked as I pack my things for school. 


"Yup, Seungcheol-oppa said Papa asked for it so I could spend more time with them before Mama leaves again for an event in Japan"

"She's leaving already? I thought she'll be home for a while"

"It's a last-minute thing"

"Oh, well I prepared side dishes for them. It's in the refrigerator," 
 

"Really? Wah gomawo" 

"I'll be going now okay? Lock the doors on your way out"

"Okay Mom, safe trip"

"Say hello to your brother for me and call me I haven't seen him in my store for a while, tell him I miss his coffee" 

"Kay Mom"

I heard the door close as I lay on my bed again. 


I don't even want to go to school today. 


It's not like Yuri would be there.


She's excused for 3 days because of a concert she's guesting. 


Thats the beauty of the Artist Program in IZNE, even Academic classes are flexible to fit the schedule of an Artist. 


My phone ringed. 
 

Seungcheol-oppa is  outside 

  
I got up took my bag and the side dishes before I hurriedly went outside. 

*******

"Mom said to call her some time" Seungcheol-oppa pointed at the seatbelt. 

"You're sure it's me this time?" 

I laughed. 

"She mentioned Coffee and visit her store so I'm pretty sure"

I have two brothers, Sung-min-oppa who is currently in London for a film.

And Seungcheol-oppa who is driving me to school today because his Dad told him to. 

And I also have two families. 

One is my biological family who I love very much.

And my other family who I love equally. 

It's a complicated story but the long story short, I was a sick kid when I was young got cancer and all that.

 Seungcheol-oopa's Dad who I call Papa is my doctor and my parents couldn't afford the stacking bill I needed for my treatment, so Papa's wife pitched in and helped my parents. 

When I got better they never stopped supporting me and Mama adore me too much. 

I spend most of my time at home but I occasionally visit Mama and Papa whenever my check-up is due like today. 

"I'll take you to the hospital later, i'll text you okay" I nod and waved at him before he took of.

******

"Yena" I'm playing with my thumbs, head down trying to hold back my tears. 

We've been going out for a year. 

I saw it coming, but I thought - 

"It's not working okay?" 


I'm not even answering. 


But for some reason, I was able to wipe the tears, lift my head and smile at him before I nodded and took off running outside. 

Thank god I'm wearing sneakers.

****

A/N:

Thank you for all those who subscribed to this story and those who voted as well as those comments I really love all of them. 

Thanks for reading and I'm trying to squeeze writing an update because my friend is also reading this and she kept asking for one hehehe so here you go. Finally wrote Yena's story.