In You I Found Peace

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two of us stepped inside the hall with bright smiles plastered on our faces. Your arms hung on mine and I kept it in place by putting my hand over it. Loud and wild cheers fills the room. People look at us with adoring eyes.  I returned their gazes with an equally cheerful one. You are doing the same thing I'm doing, but clearly, you have more expertise in this.

 

When we reached the center, music began to play. It's time for the first dance. I pulled you close to me and placed my hand on your waist. You put yours over my shoulder. The two of us swayed along with the music. I felt you place your head on my other shoulder. It took me by surprise and froze for a split second.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

 

I heard you hum but didn't say anything else. I can smell the strawberry-scented shampoo you always use. It felt like home all of a sudden. My grip on your waist tightened, and I can feel you coming closer. 

 

"Can we stay like this for a while?" you whispered. 

 

I want to pull away. You're so complicated. I don't think I'll ever understand you. You're cold and then warm.  Sometimes you're over the clouds but sometimes you’re trying to meet with me halfway. It’s just like how an angel comes down to earth, but you're nothing like the majestic white-winged creature. You're more like the devil who is proud and cunning. The master of deceit even. 

 

"Stop it," I hissed when I felt the tip of your nose touching my neck. You chuckled, and I hate the way it sounds so angelic. I'm seconds away from peeling myself apart from you, which can cause a ruckus, but I just hate it.

 

I hate you.

 

"Please don't."

 

You pulled away slightly. Your face is now a few inches away from mine. You smiled, but unlike the other times, there's a hint of sadness in your eyes. I'm unsure whether this time it's actually true. If it is true, then what's causing it? You've got everything you need and want.

 

What's more to it?

 

I didn't bother to ask when I realized that the music is about to end. Maybe it's really the best for us to not meddle with each other anymore. The music stopped, and I assisted you to our table. Dinner is served while the guests say their congratulatory messages. 

 

It started off with my father. I zoned out in most of his speech, but I understand one part of it. He asked me to pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter