Uncover the lies

Between life and death (there's you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung's hand were shaking so badly and he felt sick -lightheadedness and nausea hit him hard as he bolted as fast as he could across the field. His frantic eyes was running wild, searching for a certain boy amidst the crowd. As soon as Jackson came into his view, he quickened his pace and grabbed the other boy by his hand. Not even stopping to allow Jackson to catch his breath, he dragged him out of the game he was playing. A few other boys sent them both confused gazes that almost mirrored the one on Jackson's face.

Puzzled and a little bit angry that Jinyoung had suddenly distrupted his soccer match, Jackson stopped him and demanded his reasoning on doing so.

"Hey! Whats wrong with you?" He ripped his hand from Jinyoung's clawing grasp and glared at him. Then, Jackson noticed the trembling hands and the way the other boy was clutching onto something so tightly his fingertips turned bluish and the way Jinyoung's laboured breath sounded so ragged. His expression softened immediately as he sensed the panic and fear gripping at the edges of his bestfriend's conscience.

"Jinyoung, are you okay? What's wrong with you-" 

"You said you didn't know Im Jaebum. You lied to me. Why?" Jinyoung didn't meant to sound so disappointed and afraid, but the way his voice cracked pathetically at the end gave everything away.

Jackson had lied to him all this while. 

When Jinyoung had just entered Dongsang Boys School last year, Jackson had been the one who approached him willingly on the first day. Because of him, Jinyoung had found the greatest group of friends in Mark, Youngjae, and Yugyeom. Since then, they had gotten along with each other instantly, like pieces of puzzle, like magnets and steel.

And of course he found Jaebum here too, on the first few days of high school -when Jaebum had been nothing but a lost soul, wandering aimlessly, not knowing anything even his own name. Their first and second encounter had Jinyoung freaked out of his mind. 

And a few months had passed by the time Jinyoung asked Jackson about Jaebum after he miraculously remembered his name one day. But back then, Jackson had denied everything, maybe a little vehemently, but of course he covered it up pretty well and the topic never resurface again. 

But there's always this nagging feelings at the back of his head that's telling Jinyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter