Lost and found

Between life and death (there's you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung took a deep breath before plopping down on the bench to wipe the sweat on his forehead with a small towel. Then, he proceeded to chug down a whole bottle of water. The heat is searing in the middle of summer while he was playing soccer with his classmates just a few minutes ago. After they exchanged players, letting Youngjae in after he had been playing nonstop since the first half, he went to sit far at the end of the field where there is a bench under a shady old tree.

Jaebum is humming softly next to him, and Jinyoung's mouth curled upward slightly and it almost felt like all the exhaustion are fading away from his tensed shoulders. His voice is always pleasing to ears. Jinyoung focused his hearing on Jaebum's singing, it's so soft and even when the lyrics are barely decipherable, he doesn't really mind nor did he ever knew what compelled him to keep listening and paying attention. 

After all, Jinyoung will always find a piece of peace and solace in Jaebum's presence. 

Watching the scene in front of them, where a group of boys are happily laughing and having fun playing soccer under the scorching sun had caused something to tug at his heartstring suddenly.

"Do you also used to play soccer every evening like this?" Jinyoung didn't turn his body, didn't lock his eyes with Jaebum. Instead he focused on the tiny ants crawling around his battered shoes on the ground. He felt nervous, and suddenly his hands was balled into a loose fist unconsciously. Asking Jaebum questions is a bit difficult. He learned it the hard way.

All those questions, Jaebum sometimes doesn't have the answers to it. 

Jaebum stopped humming. He looked so lost in thought for a while before replying with a short and uncertain, "Maybe."

"Still can't remember?" Jinyoung asked in a small voice. Hoping for a different answer this time. But he only sigh solemnly when Jaebum hums in confirmation.

"I don't think I'll remember at all. I stopped trying long ago." There's no anguish in his tone, just quiet resignation from someone who is tired of hoping and waiting.

"No, you can't do that." Jinyoung in a deep breath. "You can't even remember your own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter