Aftermaths

Je t'aime... Moi non plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8

 

Sandara couldn’t believe her eyes. Jiyong had humiliated her in front of everyone, this magazine was one of the many making fun of her after what he did. She knew the kind of man he was, but at the same time she didn’t expect him to go to the first strip club he saw. She thought he at least was attracted to women that had some class. Dara quickly dismissed her maids for the day and was about to go to her bedroom, however the doorbell rang making her stop on her way. Was it Jiyong? She thought. Of course she was expecting some explanation from him, even though there wasn’t anything to explain. He did what he did. If he wants to leave a single man’s lifestyle, then so be it.

 

As Dara opened the door to her apartment, she saw her best friend. Seung-hyun. She was truly happy to see him, but she also couldn’t ignore the slight pitch in her heart as she saw it was not Jiyong. As soon as she saw her friend, she wasn’t able to contain her tears anymore. It was as if seeing her friend in front of her broke all her barriers.

 

“He… He…” Sandara tried to talk but the more she tried to, the more she would start sobbing and shake from the spasm her cries were provoking.

“I know baby, I know.” Sang-hyun said as he hugged her, making her step backwards and closing the door to her apartment with his foot.

 

He gently patted her heard, caressing her hair and trying to soothe her as much as he could. Sandara was the only girl he truly considered as a friend, he had always liked her. She had a real personality. With her, it either was she liked you or she didn’t, it was all or nothing and seeing her so heartbroken was unprecedented. Throughout their years in college, Seung-hyun had never seen his friend cry and now she was crying over some boy. That was what Jiyong was, a boy. He didn’t own up to his promises and toyed with her feelings. And apart from that, he had to do it in public. Seung-hyun wanted to rip his head off but he also knew that things wouldn’t get any better if he did that. Dara would still be sad.

 

Seung-hyun gently took her back to the sofa and they sat next to each other, still hugging. Dara was holding on to him as if she didn’t have anyone else, as if he was the only person she could trust.

 

“Seung… Seung-hyun.” Dara tried to say. “Every… everybody knows what he did. What will I do now?” She asked, crying even more as she looked back at the magazine displayed on the coffee table.

“Dara, he played with you. Now you need to call it quit and stop acknowledging him.” He advised her as she cried even more. She knew that this time Jiyong had taken this way too far. “You are going to let this jackass do his . You are above this Dara, he doesn’t deserve you if it’s to treat you like this. Right?"

 

Seung-hyun was trying to confort her but it didn’t really seem to work. She couldn’t stop crying.

 

“He humiliated me.”

“No he didn’t. He humiliated himself only.”

 

As Seung-hyun kept running his hand up and down and back to calm her, Dara’s phone started vibrating. As she took it from the table they saw that Jiyong was calling. Her eyes flashed in anger as she hung up, but Jiyong was not the only one who was calling her. All her classmates were sending her text messages asking her if she saw the news. People pitied her after seeing what Jiyong had done.

 

As for Jiyong, he lazily woke up because his phone wouldn't stop ringing. As he was waking up and acknowledging his surroundings, he couldn’t help but notice that his head was throbbing in pain. I might have drunk too much, he thought as he started stretching. Soon enough, he felt a pair of legs next to him on the bed. As he turned to face the body beside him, he recognized the stripper from last night. However, he didn’t remember taking her to a bed.

 

“Good morning handsome.” The girl greeted him, getting closer and kissing him on the lips as she started rubbing her hands on his back.

“Good morning.” Jiyong simply said as he rolled back on the other side of the bed and got up.

 

Jiyong started scanning the room, looking for his boxer but he quickly abandoned the mission as he saw the mess around the bed. It had been a rough night, he thought. His phone wouldn’t stop ringing but he was not in the mood to talk to anyone. He just took his phone and sent a text to his secretary, asking her to cancel all his appointments for the day. After partying like he just did, Jiyong liked having his own personal space. As he was about to go to the bathroom, he turned around and looked straight at the girl that was still in the bed.

 

“I’m going for a shower.” Jiyong said coldly, making sure that she understood what he meant. It meant it was the moment for her to leave, party was over.

 

As Jiyong stepped into the bathroom and locked the door, he didn’t even bother checking himself in the mirror. After last night’s party, Jiyong could only presume that he looked like a zombie and stunk alcohol as well as tobacco. Yesterday night had been fun, however he didn’t really manage to forget about his problems. He couldn’t help thinking about what Seung-hyun had told him in his office. Jiyong didn’t want to hurt anyone; he just wanted to be himself.

 

Soon after, Jiyong got out of the shower and tied a towel around his hips. He quickly dried his hair with another one and combed his hair backwards. The throbbing pain in his head remained even after the shower. Jiyong didn’t really remember everything that happened last night but he certainly remembered all the alcohol he had ordered as soon as he stepped into the club.

 

As Jiyong got out of the bathroom, there was no trace of the woman anymore. Apparently she perfectly got what Jiyong had intended. It was as if nobody except Jiyong had ever stepped into the room. That was Jiyong’s way of doing things. He liked women but he didn’t like them too clingy. Yesterday night was fun and that was it.

 

He got out of his reverie as his phone started ringing again; it was his father Kwon Seoyuk calling.

 

“Hello?”

“Jiyong, where the hell are you? You better tell me right now where you are and don’t try to lie to me, I already know everything.”

 

Jiyong had to pull the phone away from his hear. That was how much Kwon Seoyuk had screamed.

 

“What are you talking about? Look dad, I’m kind of busy right now, let’s see each other later in the afternoon. At home. Okay?”

 

Obviously, Kwon Seoyuk didn’t listen to his son and started yelling again. As Jiyong tried to understand what had gotten into his father, he understood that last night’s events were not a secret anymore. It had made the headlines. God, he was ed.

 

Jiyong quickly hang up after telling his dad he would meet him at the mansion as soon as possible. Getting ready as fast as he could, Jiyong put on last night’s outfit as he called his driver, urging him to meet him at the hotal he was currently at. Thankfully, the hotel had an underground parking lot since the journalists were all waiting for him in front of the building.

 

As soon as Jiyong hopped in his car, he saw the look of pity his chauffer gave him. He quickly typed his name on the search engine and finally understood what the hell was happening. The journalists had managed to get some nasty pictures of him. As he scrolled through the articles about him, he knew his career was over. Everything was over.

 

Suddendly, Jiyong remembered about Sandara. As he looked back to his phone, he saw that she had tried to call him several times and that she even left a message.

 

“Hi Ji, it’s Dara. I went to the children hospital today and well, when I got out there was a bunch of journalists asking me weird questions… Anyway, call me back whenever you get this message… Kiss.”

 

As Jiyong listened to her voicemail, he could clearly notice her voice was shaking. She wasn’t expecting all of this, and well, neither was he. What will she say about this scandal? She always knew Jiyong was like that, but at the same time Jiyong knew he had ed up big this time. Not wanting to settle down with her was something, but humiliating her in public like that was too much, even for him.

 

He just couldn’t understand how these pictures had managed to be taken like that. It wasn’t the first time Jiyong went clubbing, it wasn’t the first time he entertained himself with a stripper and it had never gone public with pictures to prove it.

 

As soon as Jiyong arrived at the mansion, he went straight to his dad’s office, not even bothering to acknowledge his siblings.

 

“It’s about time you show up, you son of a .” Kwon Seoyuk screamed at Jiyong. As Jiyong got closer to his dad, the later kicked him behind the knees making Jiyong frown in pain. His dad was really pissed.

“Look dad I don’t understand how these pictures got taken, I swear I...”

“You swear what? Tell me Jiyong? For how long did you think you would be able to keep doing your  like that? Huh, tell me Jiyong!”

 

Kwon Seoyuk was so angry his son didn’t even dare replying. His dad started pacing around the room before quickly going back to Jiyong.

 

“You just ruined everything Jiyong. How do you want me to take you out of this mess? They have ing pictures this time. I won’t be able to save your this time. You know what is happening?” He didn’t wait for his son’s a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter