1 Cycle

Wolfpack

"I hope you're not feeling nervous." I told Jinsoul.

"We've done this a couple of times and you're telling me this now?" Jinsoul shook her head while peeking through the glass.

"Don't talk too much to Jinsoul when we're at work, Lippie. She always does things seriously." Yerim said with a bright smile on her face.

"Whatever." I muttered.

"Their security system is weak. Give me a minute." Hyejoo said through our radio.

"We're counting on you." I replied.

Exactly 2 minutes have passed, the museum was pitch black. 

"I managed to disable it temporarily. You got 60 seconds. You better be fast." Hyejoo said.

"Plenty enough." Jinsoul confidently replied.

Among the 4 of us siblings, Jinsoul was the most athletic and flexible one. 

Me, Jinsoul and Yerim immediately grappled below the museum from the hole that I made earlier when we were on the roof. From inside, the emergency lights were on but it was still too dark for us to see. If it weren't for these night-vision goggles, it will be hard to do everything in under a minute. There are 2 security guards that were sleeping near the main entrance. 

Judging from this level of security, even Jinsoul alone can handle this mission but just in case anything happens, we're there to support each other.

"Yerim, make sure that the guards stay asleep." I commanded Yerim.

"Sure." Yerim whispered as she silently walked behind one of the displayed items in the museum.

I purposely aligned the hole just above the treasure that we are supposed to steal so that it will be easier for us to escape.

"I got it. Let's go." Jinsoul said while holding the treasure.

"Guys, 20 seconds." Hyejoo said.

As soon as I signaled Yerim that we need to go, Jinsoul was already on the roof. She is as fast as lightning.

Yerim and I immediately followed after her. When we reached the roof, we immediately went to the back of the museum and grappled again below and on to our escape van in which Hyejoo did all the hacking.

"Not even a sweat." Jinsoul said to us.

"You're getting too good at this." I told Jinsoul while glaring at her.

"Stop complimenting me, it makes me uncomfortable." Jinsoul replied with a disgusted face and looking away from me.

"I just love teasing you." I added.

"What kind of sister are you?!" Jinsoul asked angrily.

"So you want to be insulted rather than being complimented?" I replied back.

"That's not-" Jinsoul didn't get the chance to complete her sentence because we heard the alarm coming from the museum. It was so loud that we could even hear it even if we're a few meters away from the museum.

"I'm surprised their security wasn't too tight." Yerim pointed out while focusing on the road. She was the best driver among us.

"It must be the least important item to Mr. M. If he knew we were coming, he should've made it more secure and hard for me to hack their security." Olivia said.

"You're just too good at creating puzzles and codes each time we leave a note, that's why we're always one step ahead of him." I replied.

"Why can't he just tighten the security in all of the 12 treasures? Why do we always leave a note every time we steal one of the treasures?" Jinsoul asked.

"Well, he's stupid for not hiring committed guards. Also, the note makes it more fun!" Yerim laughed.

"I'm sure it's going to get harder from now on. I bet he's going to be so pissed as soon as he hears about this." I said with a smile on my face.

An hour has passed and we finally arrived at our house.

"I'm tired. I'm going to sleep now." Olivia said while heading upstairs.

"Goodnight our beloved Maknae!" I jokingly said to Olivia but she was too sleepy to hear it.

"We're not a K-Pop group, stupid." Jinsoul said.

"Oh? How do you know the term 'Maknae'? Do you secretly want to be in a girl group?" I asked while raising my left eyebrow.

"Everyone knows that term. Whatever! I'm going to sleep. I hope you get nightmares." Jinsoul sounded annoyed.

I immediately went to the living room because I knew that the crime we did earlier will be on the news.

"Yerim, turn on the TV. I want to see the news." I politely asked Yerim.

"Right! I almost forgot. I hope we're on time." Yerim stood up and grabbed the remote.

"At exactly 1:05 am, the 3rd treasure that belonged to the great adventurer Min Young-bin or Mr. M as we call him, was stolen from the KKM museum. Apparently, it was again the doings of the thieves who call themselves, 'Wolfpack'. The police found a note on the ground that signifies the next location of the item that the Wolfpack are planning to steal but no detective is fast enough to solve it that's why they are always one step ahead. Mr. M has yet to share his thoughts tomorrow." The reporter said.

"I hope I have a brain like Olivia." Yerim muttered.

"Don't mention it." I replied.

 

Our father died 10 years ago due to an accident in Alaska. We were told that he died because he fell into a pit while saving his friend. Ever since I was a kid, I knew that his job was dangerous but he always shared to us his stories and things he found or encountered during his adventures in different places around the world. He was a treasure hunter.

The only thing that he left us was his diary.

What we're doing is not a bad thing at all.

The public may call us thieves.

We may be bad in their eyes.

 

But what we're really doing is retrieving the lost treasures that were stolen from our father.

 

============================================================================