Babo!

My Dear...

 

This is actually an excerpt from one of my old fics called “Goodbye, My Love” featuring Jung Yunho and Bae Seulgi. Since I found that the idea was a little too clichéd, I don’t think I’m going to repost it. Plus it was pretty sad. Too sad, actually. I don’t think you’ll ever find it here on AFF ever again. Perhaps on Winglin, but not here. Just search “Goodbye My Love mikanluvrmayumi” on Google and you should be able to find the Winglin link if you’re that curious. Anyway, enjoy!

P.S., In case you didn’t know, Dana and Lina are from CSJH The Grace a.k.a. Tenjochiki in Japan. They were supposed to be the female counterpart of Tohoshinki, but now their down to two since the other two members are too busy doing their own thing.


 

Brief Foreword

Plot:After Tohoshinki’s Japanese tours, all the members go their separate ways for a vacation. Jung Yunho stays in Japan to show his girlfriend, Bae Seulgi, around Japan. Eventually, he takes her to Tokyo Tower and she starts to suspect him.

Characters:Bae Seulgi and Jung Yunho

Finally, all of DBSK’s Japanese tours were over for the season, and each member decided to go their own ways to spend the brief vacation period with their other halves. Yoochun traveled to Los Angeles with Dana, Jaejoong headed to Okinawa with Lina, Junsu and Ri In visited Ri In’s grandparents in Sichuan, and Changmin went to Seoul to visit Yeonhee. Yunho, however, stayed in Tokyo with Seulgi, who was featured in one of the concert tours the group had.

Throughout the afternoon, Yunho had been spending time with his his girlfriend, whom he guided around the crowded streets of Tokyo. This was something he normally wouldn’t do, so Seulgi started to get suspicious. At five-thirty in the afternoon, the two stopped at the Tokyo Tower, sightseeing from its peak.

“Look at that, there’s our car,” Yunho said while looking through binoculars.

Seulgi, arms folded across her chest, raised a brow as she came closer to the man.

“What?” he asked innocently.

“What do you mean ‘what’? You’ve been acting strange all day,” she told him. “Let’s see, first you took me to the most expensive Japanese restaurant around, then we visited a bunch of places, including that one garden at Yokosuka, and now we’re at the top of the Tokyo Tower.”

“Okay, so the point being?”

“You want something don’t you? Either that, or you did something bad, which is something I totally doubt, so you probably want something from me. What is it, Jung Yunho? Spit it out,” she told him, her eyes narrowed.

Yunho chuckled nervously as he scratched the back of his head. “Aish, Bae Seulgi, you know me too well,” he said. He motioned for her to come closer to him, which she did as she rested her arms on the railings of the tower from behind.

He came closer to her, took her hands, and sighed.

“Seulgi-ah, I took you here because—well, the—” Yunho started stammering as he looked for the right words to say.

Seulgi raised her eyebrows at him and tried not to laugh.

“This tower is—aish!”

She started to giggle.

“Damn, what am I going to say? Ugh, I’m so stupid! I at these romantic speeches,” he thought.

He sighed. “You know what, I really don’t know what to say anymore, so I’m just gonna cut to the chase,” he told her.

“Alright, so what is it?” she asked.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out a small red box. He opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

“Bae Seulgi, I want you to be my wife,” he told her straightforward. He started to sound as though he was ranting as he went on. “I promise I’ll be a good husband to you. I’ll protect you, and I’ll never leave your side and I won’t cheat on you at all and I’m going to do my best to give you a good life and make sure that—” He stopped, noticing his girlfriend giggling. “Why are you laughing,” he asked.

“You’re so cute when you’re nervous,” she told him, pinching his cheek lightly. “And yes, I’ll marry you,” she added, and smiled.

“Really?”

“No, I was talking to the binoculars next to you,” she sarcastically said, making his eyes narrow. She started to laugh. “Babo, of course I’m talking to you. Yes, Jung Yunho, I’ll marry you.”

“Yes!” he exclaimed.

Immediately, he picked her up by the waist and started spinning her around in joy.

“Yunho-ah, stop. People are gonna start staring,” she laughed as he twirled her.

He put her down and took her hand with one of his and the other taking the ring out of the box. As he spoke, his voice was shaky in excitement. “Here, I want you to wear this,” he told her. He was about to put it on her finger. However since he was very nervous, the ring slipped out of his hand and went down all the way to the ground.

Seulgi didn’t know whether to laugh at his clumsiness or feel pity as they both looked down from the top of the tower.

“Aww, look, the ring fell down,” she said, as though teasing him for his clumsiness.

Yunho sighed, thinking “babo, babo, babo,” to himself repeatedly. “It’s alright, I’ve got it insured,” he said, sounding disappointed as he scratched the back of his head. “I can probably just get another one. One that I won’t drop 250 meters from the ground.” [NOTE: The Tokyo Tower has a total height of 332.5 meters (1,091 feet). Yunho and Seulgi are at the tower’s Special Observatory, which stands 250 meters (825 feet) from the ground. The Tokyo Tower, I’m guessing, is the Eiffel Tower of Japan, except it’s higher. The Eiffel Tower is only 324 meters (1,063 feet).]

Seulgi shook her head, smiling at her boyfriend-now-fiancé’s clumsiness. Yunho soon joined her in her laughter as well. After a while, silence began to set in between the two of them, which Seulgi broke shortly.

“Yunho-ah, you’re gonna go to jail,” she told him.

“How come?”

“You dropped the ring from the top of this tower. Whoever gets hit in the head with that is gonna die and you’re to blame,” she told him.

“Babo, you think you can fool me with that? Everyone knows that’s not true, Seulgi,” he told her.

She smiled at him. “Okay, you’re still sane,” she said. “I was just testing that brain of yours.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 “Oh, nothing.”

THE END

Hope you enjoyed it!

I felt really bad for making you wait for so long, so as an apology, I hope you enjoyed this extra story I uploaded.