Breaking Bonds

Finding Our Gray World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIWON’S POV

 

                 When I stormed the room, she was already aiming for another strike while Yesung was still nursing his slowly reddening cheek. Why isn’t his brother stopping this woman?! As I blocked her next strike I saw the woman before me. If you would have met her under a different scenario, you’d never think she was the type of woman who’d hit her own child but really appears like someone who’d hate imperfections.

 

                I felt her struggle in my grasp and removed my hold on her wrist. “Fascinating…you have a little happy family here in this place huh my son?” she crossed her hands and cocked her head to the side, speaking directly to Yesung while ignoring me. How could a woman like her be Yesung’s mother? Why is his brother just standing there and letting this all happen?! “Siwon-ssi, it’s okay, I’m fine. Mother what brought you here.” ‘Am I invisible or what?! Why the heck is Yesung acting like this? His mother turned her attention towards me and my ID then pointed towards the chair near the bed. “Hmm, Dr. Choi right? Could you bring that chair over here? My shoes are killing me.”

 

‘I wouldn’t find your corpse appealing even if it was the last specimen on earth.’ Such an annoying person! I took the chair at where she was standing and went at the other side of bed. There’s no way in hell am I leaving her with Yesung alone. “Dr. Choi, you can go now. I won’t harm him anymore. I promise~” I felt my vein pulse in irritation, is this woman mocking me? It took all of my willpower not to glare at her. “I have to decline madame, Jongwoon-ssi is again under our supervision. It is very counterproductive to leave him with someone who has already injured him.”

 

‘Ha! Take that you b-‘

 

“Siwon-ssi, I’m fine. Please, you can leave now, please. I deserved that hit so please…” What? Am I hearing this right? “Jongwoon-ssi this is not a personal move. We have the duty to ensure your safety at this hospital.” Why is Yesung like this? He’s literally bowing his head to his mother like he doesn’t mind this abuse! I don’t know who’s pissing me off more. Is it his mother or Yesung himself. There’s something wrong with all of them. I didn’t even notice that my hands were already curled in fists.

 

“My son, he seems very eager to protect you so let him stay. The more the merrier don’t you think? He might be even helpful to you later~ I have to hand it to Dr. Jungsoo, he really hired such disciplined staff~ Now, enough chitchat my dear. I came here to ask you one thing: Who the gave you the permission to attend Hyejin’s wedding?” Yesung’s already slumped shoulder drooped even more. “Mother, please…this is my only request. Let me attend Hyejin’s wedding. I wouldn’t ask for anything else.”

 

“I can allow you to attend and sing on her wedding; like what Jongjin mentioned but under one condition. We had an agreement did we not my dear? Under any circumstances, your condition cannot be known to the general public since our family’s reputation is on the line. As long as you do not associate with people outside this hospital, I would continue to fund your medical fees for as long as we are both alive. Do you understand where I’m getting at? No? Well let’s make it simple.” Am I hearing this right? She must be joking? She wouldn’t…

 

“My poor poor child, once you step out of this hospital, you can never return here or to our family again~”

 

End of POV

 

Collective gasps were heard inside the room. Jongjin and Siwon both looked at the woman as if they might have heard wrong. The younger was the first to react: “Mother! You never said anything about this!” That was the first time Siwon saw the other man react. Jongjin quickly ran up to his mother’s side. “Now, now Jin-ah~ don’t be too fussy. Your hyung still has the choice am I right? Attend or not to attend. Obviously he wouldn’t make such a stupid decision as to-“

 

“Alright mother. Please just give me at most a week to get prepared. I think this is for the best.” All eyes were on Yesung as he heaved a deep sigh and lifted his head. Siwon doesn’t know what facial expression the blind man was wearing but it was enough to make his extremely proud looking mother look shocked then irritated. Really red with anger.

 

“Y-you…”

 

“Mother, all of us know…I could never get my sight back. You know that from the start that’s why I’m here right? You’d never allow anyone to taint our family, even from us your sons. That’s why I think leaving is for the best. I’m only blind mother; I’m not useless. I can still find a job even without our family’s help.” The woman was speechless so was Jongjin. He never expected his hyung to go against their mother much less leave the family. This isn’t what he planned when he let their mother know about the invitation. No no no! This isn’t right!

 

“Hyung, you can’t be serious right? You said once your sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter