Farewell My Memory

Farewell My Memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THIS STORY!!!!!!

 

I’ve heard people say that you never forget your first love, and I guess those people are right. You never forget that pounding in your chest or the way your heart aches when that person is away. You never forget those stupid fights you had just yelling at each other for no reason or the tears followed by slammed doors and silence. These are things I can never forget, I won’t forget no matter how much time has passed.





 

“You’re stupid.” These are the first words you ever said to me as I just stared at you in silence.

 

“Well say something. Don’t you think you should apologize?” You asked me as you puffed up your cheeks and put your hands on your hips.

 

I remained silent as I picked up the papers that had scattered all over the floor and I could hear you mutter something under your breath as you bent down to help me.

 

“Thanks.” I whispered as I handed him the papers.

 

“You’re kind of weird you know but whatever. You’re new so we should probably try to get along. I heard you sing at the audition and I can’t help but be a little jealous of you. Your voice is so polished and I still have a lot to work on.” He sighed as four other guys walked in to greet us.

 

“So you must be the last member then. I’m Himchan, the second oldest here. Nice to meet the guy behind that killer voice.” Himchan nodded as he smiled at me.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Yongguk. The leader and oldest here.” Yongguk said in an awkwardly deep voice as he scratched the back of his head.

 

“I’m Jongup, the second youngest.” Jongup said quietly.

 

“I’m Zelo. The youngest here.” Zelo grinned happily like the child he was.

 

“That leaves me. I’m Youngjae and well I’m just a little bit younger than you.” Youngjae stated as he placed the papers on the nearby desk.

 

“Well now that introductions are over. Let’s get started with our very first rehearsal.” Himchan clapped with excitement.

 

I remember us shuffling around awkwardly and unsure of how to move correctly. We had very little time to prepare for our debut and looking back on things, I wish we could have stayed here longer.



 

A year blew by faster than the wind as we kept ourselves busy. I remember being happy during these times though as we tried to become close friends.

 

“I got this for you.” Youngjae grinned as he sat down next to me and gave me an ice cream cone.

 

“Thanks. Do you feel any better?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah. I’m good now.” Youngjae laughed as he punched my arm like usual.

 

“Ouch. Your hands are seriously dangerous.” I whined.

 

“You’ll survive. So what are you gonna do during break?”

 

“Go visit my family. What about you?”

 

“Probably do some sight seeing. I’d rather not see my family right now.” Youngjae spoke quietly.

 

“Oh. I see. Well if you ever come to my hometown then let me know. We can make plans or something.” I smiled.

 

“Yeah. I think I’d like that.” Youngjae nodded.

 

We sat there in silence just watching people drive down the road. I was happy with this life.



 

Youngjae showed up at my house with a twenty minute warning. His luggage bag clacked on the sidewalk as he headed into our house.

 

“You must be Youngjae, one of our Dae’s bandmates. It’s so lovely to meet you.” My mother said sweetly.

 

“Thanks for letting me stay here. I hope it’s not too much trouble.” Youngjae said.

 

“No trouble at all. You’re like family to us here. If you need anything, just ask. I’ll be in the kitchen making us some dinner.” My mother explained as she walked out of the room.

 

“I’m so sorry for showing up like this, Dae. There was an issue with my hotel room and since I was already here, I thought it would be better to stay with a friend.” Youngjae declared.

 

“It’s totally fine. I think my mom likes the extra company anyway. You can stay in my brother’s room. It’s right next to mine.” I suggested as I led him down our small hallway and into my brother’s small bedroom.

 

It was weird stepping into my brother’s room for the first time since he left for university almost two years ago. The room looked exactly the same as it always had. The twin bed was pushed against the wall in the corner of the room just underneath the only window and a small wooden dresser sat next to the door. There was a study desk next to the bed that was hardly ever used and the desk chair had definitely looked worse for wear.

 

“This will be great. Thank you so much, Dae.” Youngjae gushed as he rolled his luggage over to the bed.

 

“Great. I’ll give you some time to settle in. Just come knock on my door when you’re done with everything.” I mumbled as I gently closed the door behind me.

 

I instantly plopped down onto my bed with a groan. There was no way this peace would last for very long. I better enjoy these little moments while I can because who knows when I will get this chance again.

 

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts.

 

“Come in.” I mumbled.

 

Youngjae poked his head into my room before he walked in and shut the door behind him. I watched him as he sat down at the edge of my bed with a worried look on his face.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

 

“It’s my parents. They want me back home right away. They said they need more money for bills.” Youngjae babbled.

 

“Then don’t go home. You don’t have to go back home if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter