Truly

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVEN.

 

 Rose stares were blank towards her luggage in front of her on the bed. Each and every word that Jungkook talked to her this morning messed her mind up. She had expected that he was hard to please, but never thought it was this hard. Rose realized that she did not suit the job she is currently doing. But that was her only choice? How can Jungkook put her in a situation that she could not escape? 

"Take this money and leave. Don't say a word to Jennie. All you want is money, after all."

Of course, she refused. Yes, she wanted money. She wanted money so bad. But, to put her in a situation where she may look bad in front of him, she could not accept it. At the same time, going against him doesn't do good to her either. Should she talk to Jennie? Rose shook off the thoughts from her mind. She could not possibly talk bad of Jennie's brother to Jennie, right? Rose left out a heavy breath. Many things were running through her mind at the moment. Should Rose go back to their house tomorrow? Should she look for other jobs? Can she find another job? What would Jennie said if she ever found out that Rose never came back to the house? She's messed up. 

*doorbell rang*

Rose startled. Lazily, she got off the bed and stepped towards the door. She did not even bother to check who came first and immediately open the door. "Chaeyoung-ah." Jennie. She probably had heard what happened. Jennie stepped inside as Rose open wide the door for her. They walked over to the bed. "Great! You've already packed up your things," Jennie said. Rose frowned. "Of course. I have to move out. I can barely eat what more to afford paying for the room," Chaeyoung sighed. "Why do you have to pay when you can stay at my place for free?" Jennie said. Looking happy than ever. 

Rose confused. Stay at her place? For free? Is she kidding or is she kidding? She's gotta be kidding. "I'm staying at the public bathhouse for tonight. I'll look for some cheap room to rent tomorrow," Rose told Jennie. Her eyes went wide. "What are you saying? I said you're staying at my place," Jennie told her. She looked panic. "For free," she convinced Rose. "Unnie," Rose calmly called Jennie. "I'm not supposed to tell you this," Rose took a deep breath. "...but you probably haven't heard yet," she said. The 'heard what' with a big question mark was so obvious drawn on Jennie's face. 

"Your brother had talked to me this morning," Rose told her. "So?" Jennie questioned Rose. "So, he gave me a huge amount of money and told me not to come anymore. As I said, I'm not supposed to tell you but I think you need to know so that you won't bring me to stay at your place," Rose said in one breath. Jennie chuckled. "Ahh is that so? I know," Jennie nodded, confidently. Rose was even more confused. "You know?" Jennie nodded, again. "Of course I know. And I also know you didn't take the money. So, he has no right to fire you because he's the one to breach the contract," Jennie told her. 

"Breach what contract?" Rose asked. "I made an agreement with him. I told him that if he ever tested you with anything, as such money in your case and you didn't fall for it, he has no right to fire you. He is obliged to wait until one month if he ever wanted to dismiss you from the job. But don't worry. It's not because you're my friend, but because I know he has 1001 hidden tricks to pull off on you so I made sure he has restrictions over it. And, one more thing, the one who told me to bring you to stay at our house is my dad. He wanted to make sure that you will do a good job in taking care of my brother," Jennie said. Dissolving all the tangled mess in her head. 

"Wait," Rose gasped. "Your dad knows we're friends?" Rose eyes went wide. "We're doomed, unnie!" Rose felt nervous. "Of course not!" Jennie exclaimed and laughed. "Then, how come he asked you to pick me up?" Rose asked again. Still feeling nervous as ever. "Do you expect my brother who cannot see to come here and pick you up then?" Jennie shook her head. Disbelief. How dumb can Rose be sometimes? Rose finally felt relieved. She immediately pulls Jennie into a hug. 

"Thank you, unnie. For coming and save me at the right time." 

❀❀❀

 

“Do you know what the tiest thing about breaking up is?” 

Jungkook woke up from his sleep and gasped for air. The dream appears again. It’s been so many times. Since the day he recovered his injuries from the accident seven years ago. It’s not frequent, but at least once a month the same dream keeps on appearing. And for the past seven years, he’s been reacting the same to the dream. Jungkook took a deep breath and release it slowly. He tries to calm down, as he always did.

*door knocking*

Jungkook startled. He believed it is still midnight at the moment. Who would come knocking at his door within this hours? His hand groping the air searching for his walking stick by his bed before slowly walking towards the door. “Who is it?” he asked as he walked. He can hear the sound of someone openin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter