Be with you

Under the Cold Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

 

Namjoon eyes shifting left and right looking at the three persons standing in front of him awkwardly silent as he feeds the porridge in front of him into his mouth slowly. He knew something must be wrong somewhere, but he’s not sure what of. He turns looking at Jisoo sitting on a chair by his hospital bed and a familiar guy standing behind her seat. Who else other than Taehyung could be standing there? 

“The atmosphere….” he speaks as he put the spoon on the table in front of him before a long pause. “….is very awkward, huh?” he said at last. Jisoo turns looking at the trio standing in front of the bed. Jungkook, Jennie and Rose. “Erm let me introduce to you, this is my brother, Jungkook. You’ve heard about him many times from me but never really met him face to face right?” Jennie smiled awkwardly as she introduced Jungkook to Namjoon. 

“Oh,” was Namjoon’s short reaction. “Thank you for coming,” he said after a while. Jungkook smiled at him. “But I didn’t expect Mr. Taehyung to come as well,” he said, looking at Taehyung. Taehyung who didn’t bother with the conversation at first started to pay attention. 

“I called him here,” Jisoo speaks before Taehyung could say anything. “He helped me took care of you when you were still unconscious for the past few days,” Jisoo explains. She didn’t look at him as she speaks. Not because she didn’t dare to, but because she could not face him. It’s too unusual for her. 

“I owed you then,” he said. He felt reluctant hearing Jisoo to say that. Especially when he knew that Taehyung has feelings for Jisoo. He could be doing all this trouble for the sake of winning Jisoo’s heart. But he is also thankful that he is safe now due to him because if not, he might not be seeing Jisoo’s face again. “Thank you so much for the trouble,” he sincerely thanked Taehyung. The reply he gets from Taehyung is solely a smiled. He’s guessing a sincere one. 

“Actually,” Jungkook speaks up. “I just got discharged so might as well leave now. I wanted to get some rest,” he excused himself and turned to look at Jennie. “Noona, if you still want to stay longer, I can stay at any hotel nearby while waiting for you. Give me a call when you’re ready to leave for home,” he told Jennie. She nods, agreeing. “Do you want me to accompany you to the car?” Jennie asked. He slightly shook his head. “No need. I’m fine,” he said. “Take care and get well soon,” he said to Namjoon before leaving. 

Rose looks at his back as he leaves the room. She could take a deep breath now that he leaves. Jennie looks at her with a sneaky expression. “You can finally breathe now,” Jennie said. Rose rolled her eyes. 

“I knew something was wrong,” Namjoon said and continue feeding porridge into his mouth calmly. “What crime did you both commit now?” he asked. He might sound serious but that was just how he jokes with the girls as an older brother. “It’s going to be a long story, but seeing you all fine like this, we might as well leave,” Jennie said, crossing her arm over her chest. Namjoon chuckles. 

“I’ll leave you to talk to Jennie and Rose,” Jisoo suddenly excusing herself. Both Rose and Jennie startled. “No that’s fine. I’m staying here for a few days. I can come again later. You can stay here with him….” Rose said as she gets ready to leave. “….and clear things out,” she continued and left, pulling Jennie’s hand together. Taehyung, didn’t even say anything, leave as well. Jisoo and Namjoon both look at each other, speechless. 

❀❀❀

Walking along the hospital corridor side by side, both Rose and Jennie didn’t utter any words. They were just silently walking together to the lift and going down to the first level to go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter