Chapter 2

New

*Bump*

Yves muttered a sorry as she came face to face with a blonde girl. Her expression matched the colour of her blue cardigan. Cold. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you. I wasn't concentrating" Yves apologised.

Yves saw the blonde girl's face change. Her cold expression was now a lopsided smile which surprised Yves. The blonde girl was definitely one of the most beautiful people that she had ever seen. 

"It's alright. I wasn't looking as well. Jinsoul. Jung Jinsoul" the blonde girl introduced herself.

"Ha Soo Young. I prefer Yves" Yves replied. 

"Interesting name. Yves. I haven't seen you in school before" Jinsoul said. 

"I just transferred in from Busan. Today is my first day" Yves said. 

"So, you are the new student Haseul was talking about" Jinsoul said amused. 

"How does this Haseul know me?" Yves questioned. 

"Haseul is the school's student council president. She is in charge of these matters. I am the student council vice-president I.  Plus, I think the whole school has heard of a new student entering. Follow me. I will take you to Haseul and explain a little bit about our school. If you can keep up" Jinsoul said as she beckoned for Yves to follow her. 

"Eden Academy is Korea's top private institution. Not many people are able to enter our school. If you look around, it's rare for you to see regular middle class students. 1 or 2 extremely lucky ones at most. To get in, you need connections and strings. Most importantly, the school is famous for producing students perfect in various aspects. Studies, sports, art and many more. I won't sugarcoat anything but the students' backgrounds here are also famous" Jinsoul explained. 

Jinsoul peered to the back and saw Yves's blank face. She chuckled lightly at Yves's reaction. 

"Don't worry about it. I am naturally terrible at explaining. Haseul should be able to clear everything" Jinsoul said cheerfully. 

Yves followed Jinsoul up three flights of stairs. They stopped in front of a pair of white doors with a gold name plate which had the words *Student council* carved on it. Jinsoul turned the knob and opened the door as she allowed Yves to enter first. Yves looked around the student council room. It had quite the modern feel to it. 

Image result for modern luxury living room

"Welcome to the student council office. It's a bit unconventional I must say. Well, a short tour. On the left is the work space for the other student council members while the President's office is on the second floor just past the stairs. We have a small kitchen on the right and bathroom is the door beside the stairs" Jinsoul said. 

Jinsoul lead Yves up the stairs as she knocked on the door. She pushed open the door and walked in with Yves following behind. 

Image result for luxury office

The bronze and white colours flowed seem to flow from the first floor. The office however was more elegant with the gold and white colours. Yves stepped out from Jinsoul's back and saw a short haired brunette sitting behind the desk. Her attention taken by the stack of files in front of her. That must be Haseul. Yves thought to herself.

"President, I brought the new transfer. You were right. She was at the entrance" Jinsoul said excitedly. 

Haseul looked up from her stack of files and saw Jinsoul and Yves standing in front of her. She got up from her chair and walked towards Yves. She extended her hand and smiled warmly at Yves. 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Jo Haseul. You can call me Haseul. I am Eden Academy's student council president. I have read a lot about you from your files. I'm sure you will fit in just fine here at Eden Academy" Haseul said. 

"Ah! Where are my manners? Please have a seat. Jinsoul, you too" Haseul said. 

Haseul returned to her chair as Yves and Jinsoul sat opposite her. Yves watched as Haseul pulled open her right drawer and took out a set of papers. Haseul placed the papers in front of Yves along with a fountain pen. 

"These are your admission forms. Sign at the bottom and you will officially be a student here at Eden Academy. I wouldn't go through it. It's pretty standard stuff unless you have any doubts. By all means" Haseul said in one breath.

Yves didn't look too much into it as she signed each form and returned it to Haseul. Haseul smiled as she scanned through the forms before placing it aside. 

"Congratulations!" Haseul said happily. 

"We are officially school mates, Yves" Jinsoul said. 

"Yeah" Yves replied shortly. 

"By the way, Haseul. I tried explaining about our school to Yves but I don't think she understood a thing" Jinsoul said. 

"I see. Well, it's a long story but it's still early so here goes. The wealthy and upper class society in Seoul is very different from Busan. Here in Seoul, the upper class society have always been obsessed with bragging about their wealth and their children. Eden Academy was built in order to fulfill such needs. Eden Academy is Korea's top institution. The cream of the crop. There are many vying for their spot inside our school yet not many can enter. Why? As much as our school produces ivy-league students, our school harbours a dark secret. Those who enter our school are the sons and daughters of extremely influential people. In short, those with connections and status" Haseul paused. 

She then continued as she said "Let's take for example, Jinsoul. Jinsoul is the daughter of Jessica Jung who owns JJ Group, a fashion empire known throughout the whole world. Then, me. My family owns Jo Group, a major shipment conglomerate. But that's just how it is. Our school isn't top for no reason. The school board hires top lecturers and professors from all over the globe not to mention our P.E coaches are olympic medallists". 

Yves seemed blur as she tried to absorb all the information that she had been fed. Haseul noticed Yves's blank face.

"It's a little much I must admit. Take your time. You can ask me anything if you're not sure" Haseul said kindly. 

"So, the main reason I got accepted into this school is because of my family?" Yves questioned. 

"In a way, yes" Haseul said honestly. 

"I've heard about your situation and I understand. You don't have to worry about others finding out about your identity. Most of the students here are self-centred so they care for no one but themselves. The only one who knows your real name is Jinsoul and me. As requested, your nametag will be written as Yves Ha" Haseul said. 

Before Yves could answer, she was shocked by loud screams and high pitched squeals. Haseul and Jinsoul looked at each other knowingly before sighing simultaneously. 

"Another piece of information. There is one thing our school has in common with other schools. Popular girls" Haseul said.

She beckoned for Yves to come closer. Yves stood beside Haseul while Jinsoul stood on Yves's right. Haseul pointed outside her window towards 6 girls surrounded by at least 3/4 of the school.

"Those 6 girls you see are Eden Academy's Roses. They are Eden Academy's most popular girls. Quote most beautiful, wealthiest, smart and talented. GOD! I don't even know who invented that quote!" Haseul said exasperatedly.

"I believe it was Yeojin" Jinsoul said. 

"IM YEOJIN!!" Haseul grumbled angrily. 

Yves stared at the 6 girls. She was stunned when she made direct eye-contact with a silver-haired girl. She wanted to pull away but something about the silver-haired girl made looking away hard. Her light brown orbs warm yet strong. Like she could see through Yves's soul. Who was she?