Chapter 16

New

It's been a week since Hana began dating Yves and it's been a dream - a perfect, cute and well, everything she didn't think she could ever have. One sunny afternoon, Hana, Lip and Yerim are walking down the halls of Eden Academy after class. They decide to head back to the greenhouse to rest and maybe grab snacks - Lip definitely needed sugar in her system. On their way, they hear a commotion which briefly draws their attention. 

Uninterested and about to walk away, Hana hears a familiar cry causing her to halt in her tracks.

That voice? It can't be? 

Yerim squints, trying to catch a glimpse of what the commotion was about, gasping in surprise as Hana and Lip snaps their head to look at Yerim. 

"Isn’t that Yves unnie?" Yerim exclaims, pointing her finger at the center of the commotion.

At the mention of her girlfriend's name, Hana traces the direction in which Yerim’s finger is pointing at and sees that Yerim was right. She was right. In the middle of a crowd of girls, Yves was sitting on the ground with her hands shielding her face. Hana’s eyes widens at the scene unfolding in front of her - seeing red as she marches over with Lip and Yerim following closely behind her. One of the girls catches sight of them and immediately flees the scene but Hana is able to catch a few faces and nametags.

She’ll deal with them later but for now, Yves was her main priority. Hana kneels to the ground and takes in Yves’s disheveled state. The girls had poured a number of drinks on her, soaking her from head to toe. Hana sheds her blazer, wrapping it around Yves as she feels Yves flinch, breaking her heart at how small Yves looks at that moment.

"Yves, princess, it's me," Hana utters softly, pulling out her handkerchief and begins to dab the liquid dripping down Yves’s face.

Upon opening her eyes to see Hana, Yves bursts into tears as Hana pulls her into a tight hug, muttering comforting words in her ear. "It's okay now. I'm here. I'm so sorry for not coming sooner." 

Hana then lifts Yves’s up bridal style as Yves buries her face into the crook of Hana’s neck, muffling her sobs. Hana carries her over to the greenhouse as Yerim helps to open the door for Hana. The others who sees them appears shock as Hana takes a left turn, bringing Yves into the small kitchen, perching her onto the barstool. 

Vivi arrives, scanning Yves's drenched condition before asking, "What do you need, Hana?" 

"Please hand me the first aid kit and a blanket," Hana answers with Yves's arms still latch around her neck. 

Vivi returns with both the blanket and first aid kit, handing them to Hana as Hana takes it with a smile and expressing her gratitude through her eyes. Vivi nods, understanding her despite the lack of words. 

"Can you give us some space?" Hana requests politely. 

The others file out of the room one after the other leaving the couple alone. 

"Princess, can you let me go so I can help you clean up?" Hana asks with the gentlest tone she could muster. 

Yves lets go of Hana as Hana takes a step back, offering a comforting smile to her girlfriend, hoping it would help to calm Yves's heart. She sets the blanket and first aid kit on the marble counter behind Yves, walking to the side drawers, pulling them out to grab a clean handtowel. She uses her hips to close the drawer and goes to wet the towel, quickly returning to Yves's side. She leans down and slowly wipes away all the excess liquid from Yves's face, throwing the towel aside once she was done. 

"Past the kitchen, the door on the left is a shower so you can take a bath. Everything you need is in there. I'll bring you some new clothes. Would that be okay?" Hana questions with the same gentle tone. 

Yves nods wordlessly as Hana holds out her hand for Yves to grab, the girl taking Hana's hand immediately. Yves gets up from the barstool and follows Hana who leads her towards the shower room, opening the door for her. 

“Towels are in the left drawer. Clean underwear on the right. Don’t ask why we keep spares," Hana jokes dryly.

Yves didn’t respond to it and walks into the bathroom.

“I’ll be here when you come out," Hana says finally. 

Yves manages a small smile, closing the door after as Hana hears the vague sound of the showers turning on. Hana walks into a separate room, opposite the shower room. She pulls open the doors of the cabinet showcasing rows of new, ironed white dress shirts, the original school skirt and blazers. They prepared it in case of unfortunate events - one such as this one. She pulls out a set of the uniform, checking for the correct size and walks back out just in time to hear the sound of the shower stopping.

She knocks on the door, opening to say, “I brought you some new clothes.”

The door opens as Yves's head pops out through the small opening. Hana hands the clothes over to Yves through the opening. The door shuts once more as Hana walks back into the kitchen, patiently waiting for Yves to finish changing. Yves finally walks out in her new uniform with her hair still wet. 

“Do you need to shower? When you carried me, all the juice and paint must have stained your clothes," Yves mumbles lowly. 

Hana shakes her head, taking another handtowel and puts it on Yves's head - gathering Yves's wet hair and wrapping it with the towel. “I’ll be fine for now. More importantly, let’s get your wounds cleaned up.”

Hana brings Yves back to the barstool, sitting her down and examining her wounds. She spots several scrapes on Yves's knees, elbows and palms. Hana pops open the first aid kit and slowly dresses the wounds, blowing on them softly after applying the alcohol swab, taking great care to ensure that Yves wouldn’t be in so much pain. Once done, she throws all the cotton wools away into the waste basket and places bandages over the scrapes.

“Better?” Hana questions. 

Yves nods, opening her arms wide towards Hana. Hana smiles, walking into them, snaking her arms around Yves's waist and her hair affectionately.

“What happened?” Hana asks once she was sure Yves was more comfortable.

Yves stays silent as Hana sighs, understanding the reason behind Yves's silence.

“I won’t do anything to them. I just want to know, love.”

Yves relents, opening up about the incident earlier. “They resent me because we’re together. They said that they were better than me in so many ways and yet, I got your attention. They wanted me to break up with you but I said no and then, this happened.”

Hana grits her teeth, her anger rising with each word that leaves Yves's mouth. Oh, they were going to pay indeed. In what world were they better than Yves? Delusional idiots. Hana is going to make sure they are paid back tenfold for whatever was done upon Yves. She swears upon her family name. 

“I’m sorry I didn’t get there in time. If I did, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“It’s fine. It was bound to happen anyways.”

“Yves, do you remember their names or faces?” 

Yves pulls away, looking at Hana with raised brows. “Why? Hana, you said you weren’t going to do anything.”

Hana caresses Yves’s face, planting a kiss on her forehead as she leans back, staring into Yves's brown orbs lovingly.

“Love, I did say I wouldn’t but it doesn’t mean I can’t get the others on it. Besides, this school is known for its no bullying law, I won’t let anyone break it now neither will Haseul.”

Yves lets a heavy sigh slip out from her lips, "I don’t want any trouble, Hana.”

Hana smiles. “I know but those girls aren’t gonna get away with hurting you. That I can assure you.”

“Well, I remember a few faces because they are in a few of my classes but other than that, I don’t know anymore," Yves answers honestly.

Hana nods, "It’s alright. I’ll let Haseul know and have her handle it. I won’t do anything because you don't want me too." 

“Thank you,” Yves utters.

Hana plants a kiss on Yves’s cheek and says, “Don’t thank me. It’s my responsibility to keep you safe, love.”

Hana brings Yves out to the main area. Hana knows that Yves didn't have the strength to communicate as she takes Yves over to the gazebo to rest on the sofa. She kisses the side of Yves's head and informs Yves that she's going to speak to the girls for a while. She tells Yves to rest here, receiving a nod as she threads out of the gazebo back to the main sitting area.

"How is she?" Vivi asks once Hana approaches them.

"She's better now. A little shaken though."

"I heard from Yerim about the situation. You aren't letting it go, right?" Hyejoo questions with a dark glint in her eyes.

Hana's eyes glazes over as a dark aura radiates off her body, growling as she replies, "Of course, I won't but I did promise Yves that I wouldn't harm them. The rest of you are different which is why I need your help." 

The remaining members of the Roses exchange glances with each other, nodding in support. 

"We're prepared to help in any way necessary," Lip says. 

"Okay. First, I need Yerim to search for everyone involved and have them brought over to Haseul. Yves says a few of them are from her class and I have a few names. If possible, before handing them over, I want them as terrified as possible. Who, how and what you use doesn't matter," Hana says, her eyes moving from one member to the other, silent agreements made. "I want the whole school to know that if they touch Yves, they ought to be prepared for the dire consequences that follows."

"I'm on it," Yerim answers.

The others agree with Hana's idea as they come together to think of a suitable plan. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Where are we going?" Yves asks exasperatedly.

Hana laughs heartily at her girlfriend's frustrations. She could tell that Yves was getting annoyed by Hana's unwillingness to tell her where they were heading to.

"Come on, Hana! Baby, please~" Yves pleads cutely, showing Hana her puppy eyes knowing how weak Hana was for them.

Hana is close to giving up and disclosing the answer to Yves's question when she snaps out of it. She closes her eyes with both hands, turning away as Yves huffs angrily, looking the other way. Hana peeks through the small gaps between her fingers as she sees Yves staring out of the window. Hana gives up and tries to appease Yves. Hana tugs on Yves's hand but Yves shrugs her hand off. 

"Princess~" Hana calls sweetly but Yves doesn't respond. 

"Love~ I'm sorry. I'll tell you, okay? Don't be mad, please," Hana begs as she leans her head on Yves's shoulder. 

When Yves didn't push her off, Hana knows she has a chance.

"I'm taking you to meet someone special to me."

Yves turns to look at Hana questioningly. "Someone special? Who?"

Hana smiles, "Remember the friend I told you about. The owner of the dance studio I brought you to."

Yves's eyes widen in surprise as Hana chuckles in delight, pecking her on the cheek. Yves breaks out into a smile as she tries to joke around, "Is she as special as I am?" 

Hana chuckles and replies, "You're on the same level. Both special to me." 

The car finally comes to a stop. Hana jumps out of the car and opens the door for Yves to climb out. The two make their way through the entrance into a luxury lobby. 

"This is the recovery hospital where she's staying," Hana explains. 

"Resembles a resort," Yves comments. 

Hana nods and says, "It does look like one, doesn't it? Might as well be considering the amenities they offer here are the same as a top class resort." 

They walk pass the lobby and head out the back entrance into the garden. As they walk around the lush green space, Hana's eyes casually scans the area, smiling when she spots the one she came to meet. She releases Yves's hand and rushes towards the girl sitting in a wheelchair, perched beneath a massive tree. The rainbow haired girl smiles back at Hana as Hana leans down to hug the girl. Yves on the other hand slowly makes her way towards them, standing a couple steps away from them. 

"When did you dye your hair?" Yves hears Hana ask.

It was the happiest Yves had ever seen Hana except for the moments when they were together of course. 

"I told the nurse to help me," the rainbow haired girl replies.

"Patients aren't supposed to have dyed hair," Hana teases.

"Well, this patient can," the girl fires back.

"Oh, I want you to meet someone special! You always scold me, telling me to find someone soon so, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Yves," Hana says as she pulls Yves closer to them. 

 "Yves, this is Yeji. My best friend since young aside from the Roses anyways," Hana introduces.

"Nice to know you haven't forgotten me," Yeji muses.

Hana's smile drops to a sad expression.“I could never forget you.”

"I know. I'm just messing around, Hana." 

Hana nods as Yeji finally turns to look at Yves. The moment their eyes lay upon each other, the two of them reacts - both in shock but from different reasons. 

"YOU!!!" Yeji yells out, scaring Hana and drawing attention from passerbys.

"Woah, Yeji! Calm down! What's wrong?" Hana questions, not expecting such an explosive reaction from her best friend.

Yeji points at Yves accusingly, saying, "That girl. She was there. My accident. I remember her face." 

 


HHHH, Hi! How is everyone? I hope you're enjoying the fic so far. Sorry about the crazy amount of time skips, I just want to tell everyone to ignore the timestamps. This is probably the last chapter I'm going to release since I'm going back to school and I won't have time to update. Thank you for reading and subscribing to this fic. Please do comment, I really want to know what you think. That's all from me. P.S as usual, I don't proofread so please excuse any mistakes. Love, author, H.